Skunk smells and an unpopular opinion

I have since retired the line but it was a Nirvana White Widow. It is one of the highest yielders I’ve ever grown and the smell is highly interesting and unusual. Medium potency.

1 Like

I am totally with you on that brother. Fuzzy memories I would love to revisit.

1 Like

Skunk literally means inline bred :thinking:

Whoever said they didn’t get high the first time they smoked obviously weren’t smoking the stinky skunk. My first time I started busting up and had a hard time climbing back over this little fence we climbed to go smoke a bowl next to the school. Let’s just say I was hooked from the first toke ever, and was like where have you been my whole life, lol. I was only 13 though, so not that I’d lived a long life beforehand, lol.

2 Likes

This is always my fear that I’ve become nose blind living with a grow and have a lingering smell follow me.

5 Likes

In my research on this I have found a million theories, ideas and explanations for the smell. One thing I can say is that they are thiol based. Thiols are sulfur based, so feeding sulfur to your plants is good, second, many thiols develop from fatty acids breaking down and changing from light exposure. I have heard the theory that burying dead animals at your roots will make the plant stink, from an old school grower. Possible connection there. My thoughts really are that it is almost entirely genetics, since there are people who have been growing the same organically for decades. Most likely they are divergent genetics that have mostly been eradicated through selective pressure of illegality. People ditching plants and seed lines because of getting busted from them and having it confiscated or almost getting busted and having every neighbour ask what the hell you’re doing. Back in the day no one called these strains road kill skunk, just skunk or some slight variation. We dont even know if theyre related to skunk #1 except that they share a name, but how could you not call your strain skunk when it slaps you in the face like that? I do know there have been zero reports of road kill phenos from sam the skunkman’s ancestral skunk, dated to the 70’s

3 Likes