Slick1's kick in the ass grow

Pm me your safe addy, they’re yours!

2 Likes

Got it! PM your addy.

1 Like

Well Happy Birthday to you as well! 4/20 is like the pinnacle of birthdays :laughing:

How did the fish tank lights work? I’m guessing if you had to crop twice then not too bad? You beat me though hands down lol. I have all the equipment just need to pull it out of storage and make enough room for it. Having plants getting too big and still having to order stuff is next level procrastination and I salute you! :rofl:

3 Likes

You have a birthday on 420? That’s awesome! Perfect excuse to dip out and toke. My buddies mom’s birthday is tommorow, so every year he has to finish hanging with her before partaking lol.

1 Like

The Orange Grove x Northern Lights seems to be on a mission! Still haven’t wrapped the pots to protect the roots cause life stuff and procrastination but I’ll rig it up today. Had to order another air pot and was going to order another 3 gal but I said screw it and went with a 5 gal for the Choc Thai cause I want a lot of it!

11 Likes

To anyone waiting on seeds from me they were dropped in a mailbox earlier today. Sorry it took longer than expected to get them out but there was some issue with the coinflips and I had to recycle some I had, plus one with matchbook covers taped together :laughing:

And I finally got one of the tents up so the kick in the ass is working!

5 Likes

Hell yeah man, thanks again.

Let us know if you need a good kick in the ass :grinning: I’m here, who’s with me??! :laughing:

2 Likes

This is why I only grow a few strains at a time! Not enough room. I have another tent that’s the same footprint as that one but about a foot taller I’ll have to set up at some point and it should be interesting. I didn’t have the bike station last time to contend with.

Also the Orange Grove is being a little goofball!

10 Likes

About time to give these a bigger home. I can see the roots through the bottom and they’re perfectly fine and nowhere near rootbound but I want to train so I might as well get them in their bigger pots.

18 Likes

They have really perked up since your last update. Good work!

3 Likes

Not bad for a week huh? :smiley:

I actually didn’t realize how much of a difference there was until I looked at the last pics I posted.

4 Likes

That Nl x OG is gonna be a thick girl! What are the dimensions on your tent btw?

2 Likes

Looking good slick! Even the goofball!! For procrastinating you got it thrown together just in time! I’m pulling up a high chair for this one😃

2 Likes

Yeah she’s cranking right along! A little over 2’ x 4’ and slightly under 5’ tall. I have another that’s the same but 6’ tall that I’m eventually going to set up for the Choco Thai because I’m expecting some stretching with her.

Thanks man I perform best under pressure sometimes :laughing:. The goofball has a lame arm for some reason but otherwise she’s filling out nicely.

Got them transplanted! Ocean Forest around the base of the pots and up the sides up to a few inches of where the plant will start, mix it half and half with Happy Frog (what they were in already) up until about 2" and then do the 2" around it with straight HF. I like to let them dip their toes in and get comfortable before turning on the jets.

10 Likes

Looking nice and healthy!!

I just got some of the Orange Grove in the mail today, plus another pack I’ve been looking forward to…the Blood Lotus!! Thanks again man, it came thru safe.

Can’t wait to see how your grow goes. Good to see the Chocolate Thai doing well, looking good with the filthy tray😁 glad you didn’t get rid of it.

4 Likes

Glad to hear they made it ok! I’m thinking the filthy tray could be good luck so I still didn’t wash. If any of them male on me after being on it though I’ll take it out back show it my appreciation :smiling_imp:

4 Likes

It’s crazy what a difference 5 days can make! The Chocolate Thai didn’t like taking a backseat to the OGxNL and has caught up nicely. One more formed node than the OGxNL. The little Orange Grove seems to have shaken off whatever was going on with it on the one side as well.

12 Likes

Prepping for bondage! Removed the first 2 nodes and cotyledons on the OGxNL and Choc Thai and in a day or two I’ll top and start the quadline. I’ve done it all at once before and I don’t think it slowed down too much but I thought I’d be gentle and do it in two stages. I’m going to let the little Orange Grove go for now cause she’s lagging a little still.

The little LED isn’t doing too bad and I’m going to leave it until she adjusts to being tied down but then switch to the CMH.

8 Likes

Topped the other day and set the stakes. She has a little growing to do before I lock her down, guessing about a week and we’ll be engaging in some bondage. Neither seemed to really give a single fuck that I topped whatsoever and I saw no pause at all so that’s always good :grinning:

Also just hung the CMH and got excited hearing it warming up for the first time in 2 years. Moved the little circulating fan up to disperse the heat coming off of the light and there’s a box fan on the right side of the tent blowing through the side screen to keep the leaves rustling a little in the breeze.

When I topped the CT I said screw it and threw it in a mug of water to see if she wants to throw some roots out. I have no reason to think she won’t but I’m fine either way. The funny thing is that while I did park her within view of the light outside the tent I didn’t consider how much she’d want that light. She was straight up and down when she went in the cup and she’s completely sideways from reaching. I took the pics under the CMH so it’s got the horizontal lines unfortunately but I circled the bottom. I’m hoping she straightens out now that she’s om the tent and directly under the light.

10 Likes

Oh boy am I getting a bunch of ambient heat from the CMH in that small room. By this time of year I usually have the air on but it’s been so nice I just have the windows open (except in the grow room that someone seeing from outside would be VERY bad). I was around 73 degrees and came back in to 83 a few hours later :neutral_face:

If I didn’t have an opportunistic orange cat with an extreme curiosity about that room I could leave the door open but…

6 Likes