Small Balcony Autoflower Grow SF Bay Area

I used to lollipop my autos,but the last few autos I’ve grown they haven’t been huge plants

2 Likes

Just bend and tie. They are so amazingly plastic.

Look in my scts sideshow 2 thread, I just forced the autos in hempies to my will.

On the shelf in back. This morning

I’ll take a side pic in a few.

4 Likes

Yes, they are amazing. I never trained auto’s but wanted even light distribution in a small tent and was really amazed how well it came back.

7 Likes

6 Likes

Yeah, those plants are looking sweet. Is that from your budget all in one grow kit test? I ordered a spool of plant ties from Amazon so I can replace the electrical wire I used in a pinch! haha. I mainly want to keep the plants low profile-ish but increasing yield would be an added bonus. My brother just wrapped up an indoor grow with the same WW seeds I’m using so it will be interesting to compare results when I harvest. He grew his out without LST under a Mars Hydro TS2000. I’m thinking my yield will be smaller since I’m not getting 18hrs of direct light.

1 Like

Enjoying my morning coffee with the ladies. I sprouted a Blue Dream Auto seed this morning so I hope to be adding that to the mix soon. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Can you give me a link? So far I have read you can’t touch an auto. I have some 50%auto/50%photo from @ReikoX I will be starting this fall :crossed_fingers:

Here’s another update photo. They definitely love their morning sunshine. The blue dream seedling has been outside during the last few days and comes in at night until it’s hardened a bit. Doesn’t make sense to fire up the LED 18/6 for a single seedling.

P

5 Likes

Latest update. They are starting to flower and I’m hoping the stretch will be minimal. Some are definitely smaller than others but I suppose that’s the nature of autos. They are starting to be quite fragrant but I have a nice breeze being so close to the bay that should help keep the smell to a minimum. haha. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Welcome to OG! Your plants look beautiful and healthy, you definitely have green thumbs Puff! Keep the updates coming we look forward to seeing how these plants go :relaxed:

1 Like

Thanks, Dalorean!

2 Likes

Here’s a current picture. I notice a little yellowing on the bottom leaves which is probably due to flowering and am thinking it’s time to feed the ladies? I ordered some Jacks 5-12-26 but am now realizing this is for hydro grows and likely not ideal for my soil grow. Can anyone recommend an economic food I can start adding to the mix? I guess organic would be ideal but I am open to recommendations. Thanks!

P

5 Likes

Here’s a pic of them in the shade after a day of direct sun. We are getting some crazy winds today but they plants don’t seem to mind. haha.

4 Likes

Burpees water soluble organic.
Tomato has more N than the all purpose.

Just to clarify, all purpose is probably the better of the two in flower.
Both work great for me.
Last edit.
$5-7 big box stores.

2 Likes

My brother uses this and water from his mates koi pond lol and he grows some dank weed,he don’t even own a ph meter

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip!

I ordered some of the Burpee All Purpose feed and should have it early next week. These ladies are starting to get bushy over here! They don’t seem to be stretching much since flowering started and I’m hoping it stays that way. haha.

10 Likes

The Zkittles is the largest of the 5 plants so far.

9 Likes

Plants are starting to fill in the space on my balcony. This area has quickly become my favorite place to hang out and relax. :slight_smile: Can’t wait to see how they react to their first feeding. I’m planning to use half of a normal suggested feeding so I don’t risk burning them.

P

7 Likes

Feeding time!

9 Likes