Smoking rough sift?

I don’t know if this has a name, or if it’s a common thing or not.

I started this last year, when I had tons of seeded bud, that I didn’t really need for smoke… but just wanted the seeds. I planned on throwing out the chaff afterwards…

Put the bud on a screen (metal door screen leftover) and press down and move it around.

Breaks up all the plant material, and a lot falls through the screen so you can pick seeds out easier.

But the stuff that falls out is fine plant material and loaded with kief. Sure, I could run it through proper hash screens to make dry sift… but why bother?

So I packed some in my Dynavap-M and lit it up.

It packs a hell of a punch!

Anyone else doing this?

13 Likes

Anybody who has smoked “kief” from a dispensary has smoked this for sure! :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

:joy: so much truth

4 Likes

Thanks for posting this @firehead I have been trying to find a more efficient way to separate seeds from buds when I am mostly interested in the seeds. Hand breaking up and sorting is SLOW, STICKY, and hand cramp-inducing work…

7 Likes

The more dried out the bud is, the better it works.
And in just a few seconds all the seeds are visible easy to get to.
The kief is just a fun bonus!

4 Likes

still smokable for sure, nothing to waste

2 Likes

I’ve used it along with trim and popcorn buds for edibles👍

3 Likes

That was my thinking. Would make great budder.

2 Likes

I make brownies…

3 Likes

Could you wash that through like a 45 bubble bag and end up with some pressable hash you think?

2 Likes

Making tea with this rough sift kief is my new favorite pastime before bed! :grin::sleeping: