Snow High collection for preservation

Still marinating? I bet it’s a good one.

6 Likes

I can hardly stand to wait!

8 Likes

Can’t wait to see all these amazing beans getting popped! Hopefully there will be plenty of pictures :star: what a great preservation

2 Likes

I kinda am leaning into it… I plan shit out and I always find or get offered something that just takes me in a completely different direction :laughing:

It happens every time I reset my space. haha

I’m waiting till after the superbowl I can’t think this hard right now. :rofl:

7 Likes

Lets GO

3 Likes

Go Niners!!! This is going to be such a good game.

3 Likes

1 Like

I’m guessing it’s gonna be a swift game. :rofl:

2 Likes

Well it hasn’t been the best week of my life, f’ing 49ers…grrrrr

Anyhow, for those of you that I have communicated with, seeds are on their way. Please let me know you have received and look forward to seeing lots of new Snow High babies this spring!!!

5 Likes

I’d be surprised if someone got decent germination rates. Nearly all mine have been duds. Expensive duds.

7 Likes

Here goes the “Aloe/Lentil Soak Method” for germinating old seeds, like +25 year old ones.

1. Cut a 5 - 6 inch Fan from the Aloe Plant.
  2. Slit it along the edge. Unfold, exposing the “Gel”.
  3. Get a small Canning Jar w/Lid. Scrape Gel into Jar, chop Skin into small pieces, placing them in the Jar also.
  4. Fill the Jar 1/2 or 3/4 Full with DISTILLED WATER. Cover with Lid.
  5. Get Second Jar. Put a HANDFUL of Beans/Lentils (I steal a handful of Queen :honeybee:'s “15-Bean Soup Dry Beans”. Again, add Distilled Water.
  6. Shake BOTH very well. For the next 3 - 4 days, give both a good shake.
  7. On the 5th Day, strain both Jars, leaving only the Liquid. Combine the two, stirring well.
  8. You can pour an EQUAL amount into each Jar. You now have the Aloe/Lentil Soak. Use it just as you would Water, H. Peroxide, or other Nutrients for germination. You can reuse the mixture, even storing it in the Fridge for 3 - 6 months.

If you have Very O-L-D seeds, add GA3 (25 - 30 PPM). It’s been noted to germinate 50+ year old seeds. I hope this method will aid in getting those stubborn seeds to become viable. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

23 Likes

That’s a cool method thanks for the info @misterbee

2 Likes

sadly - that’s the truth

2 Likes

Is the Oaxaca zipolite x AG pack still around?

3 Likes

Yes, Iets chat tomorrow. I’m wiped out.

2 Likes

@Ratbastrd . Reading the story about your old friend put a smile on my face. :grin: I was a “pot farmer” in Appalachia. I started as a kid in the 1980s. The best days of my life were standing in a field of pot and pulling male plants out by hand. Hot, dirty and always looking around to see if anyone else was there. A life of adventure. I think all growers have the same dreams about traveling to distant lands and finding that “one plant”. It is the universal myth of the hero’s journey. What you are doing to preserve your friends collection of genetics is a very wonderful thing. When he chose you as a friend, he chose very well. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

Thanks brother! I got a screenshot of your whole post this time. I remember you’ve mentioned this before. I’ll add the lentils next time. Pretty sure I’ve got some 15 bean soup laying around.

4 Likes

I think Colorado Sativas still has some in stock.

Thank you sir, I think I have a reasonable plan in place now. Fortunately there are a fair amount of seeds so, it only take two.

Update: The packs without x-out are still available. @Rhai88 has asked about the Oaxaca Zipolite, I’m putting them on hold until we can chat.

11 Likes