Snow Lotus BX V1 and the Unknown Mother

Seems like one of the moms was… I don’t have my pack close. It was a named cross I think with those parents. I could be wrong.

I meant a seed going like the MS X SL above?

The only 2 SLBX crosses I have in flower are those 2. I turned off my flower lights mid summer this year. I’ve meant to do it many times before due to the difficulties of heat in my old house in the summer. The introduction of mites to my garden sealed the deal this year. I began running half of my lights on the first of September, and fired up the rest a few weeks ago. I only popped a few seeds early August to get ready for this. I ended up with 2 females from 3 Mandarin Sunset x SLBX seeds. The rest of my first round of plants are being run from clone for a resupply of smoke. The beginning of October I started another seed run with a different male this time. After that the F2’s will be made from the Snow Lotus (the clone run is finishing now) with a selected male and female.

The idea behind this project was to help select the appropriate male to use going forward with the Snow Lotus line since this is the BX. I have a good idea which female will be used since leans towards its blockhead lineage (seemed to be the popular option, and was suggested by Mr B when he was posting as @guest) .

A major thank you to everyone running these. The process of selecting a male this way should provide superior results going forward. By watching what happens in different environments with different combinations of genetics will show the impact of each male on their progeny.

I can recreate almost all of the combinations that have been sent out, only 2 of the mothers have been lost. So if something absolutely outrages comes out of this (similar to @50State Orange Goji), I can make more.

Thank you
-GH

upcoming males…
Princess x Vortex
(I95 x Stardawg)F2 x (Afgooey x Wookie)
Sensi Star F3

mothers have yet to be determined

17 Likes

I would like to know if anyone has made crosses with mandarin sunset, that seems like a amazing line that would offer a lot to many matches.

You totally understood what i was asking.
Thank you for replying.
Much respect. Its not hard to grow but you do grow hard.
Im already going a little too hard for my space but when you post that fire…

Makes me want to push mine the same.

5 Likes

Please run some of the SS f3’s straight

8 Likes

Looks like stretch is almost done on my four squatling 7A sisters. A decent bit of variety between them. Unfortunately too cramped to take anything but aerial shots for now.

The one in the bottom left corner has my eye. It has the most open structure and just covered in way more frost then I’ve ever seen at 1 week flowering lol. I’m thinking that may be a Snow Lotus leaner?

14 Likes

Week 1 really? wow, they look to be almost week 3. nice

4 Likes

damn frost. does look like a SL leaner

4 Likes

About 2 weeks from flipping 12/12, but I start counting flower time from actual flower onset.

5 Likes

I have doc appt. in a bit but I’ll put my current pics up. They’re lovely plants. I got the 1000w hung as well as the panda film and got the temps up to 7 so far and holding so it should go higher the next two days.

I plan on flipping them real soon like this week probably.

6 Likes

well, my one seed i started got rot. I’ll have to start another in some real plain peat moss and pumice/ perlite.

1 Like

Killed the male 9-B after the last post. Pretty sure I see thrip damage so put in an order for Spinosad.

One is way more inclined to branching than her sister.

17 Likes

:mag: :herb: agreed. :slight_smile:

(jury is still out on smokeability of spinosad) :nerd:

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

Yeah, they’re not going into flower without a clean bill of health. 100% my own fault for not keeping up an IPM schedule.

4 Likes

Getting frosty and I’m reaching the stability limits on the solo cup!

31 Likes

Wow, she’s a beauty. :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

I like her, just hope I can keep her green side up :grinning:

7 Likes

So nice! Unreal that it’s from a Solo Cup…well done :+1:

8 Likes

That’s amazing. Hope you don’t wake up one morning to find it in the horizontal position, lol. You might want to put some scaffolding around that :wink:

7 Likes