Snowhigh Reproductions

Wow man, that’s an amazing collection! How long did the Colombian Red take you and what are the effects like? I wonder if he got that from Kagyu since I know he loves it and I bought a few packs from him with it as the male.

2 Likes

I’d offer my grow space for preservation work too, but I failed at germinating 5 Oaxacan seeds from Snowhigh a couple of years ago. I hand cracked, used hydrogen peroxide, and gibberellic acid. None sprouted. It was such a bummer.

3 Likes

Nice collection of Snowhigh gear. You might consider running the older stock as those may have a lower germ rate.

2 Likes

As the group says - nice collection, and get crack’n!

I’ll give you my 2 cents on germ rates for the lines you have which I’ve grown or attempted in the last 2 years. While I haven’t grown I’d love to see blueberry blast preserved - just saying :blush:

Good germ rates -
Durban x eastern cape Sativa x Panama Red- 89-90%

Guerrero Green x Michoacán green purple brown - 90%

Bad germ rates:
Acapulco Gold x C99 F2s - 0%
Heroine- 0%
Quicksilver- 11%
Pure Panama red - this could’ve been user error but I got 0%

Good luck and keep us posted how it goes!

10 Likes

I absolutely love the Colombian Red. Its a nice soaring high but the thing like the most are the terps. It had both a licorice scent and a rotting fruit scent. I smoke it out of an herb vape and it is the best tasting weed I have had. The original seeds were in flower for 16+ weeks although I think they could have been harvested earlier. I waited a bit longer for another strain to finish in the tent. I did email him about the grow with a couple of questions and here is what he said about it:

“If these are the 60’s Colombian Red they are very special and you’ll find 14-16 week phenos and some will flower longer. It’s heirloom Colombian red, which is the same as Colombian Punto rojo, maintained by a family in South America, then a small amount of seed was able to be preserved and it’s an amazing high, euphoric, high flying, intelligent, problem solving, intense and no ceiling. This is the the stuff to give someone that thinks that his smoke is the best, it will cut through other highs and shine through. Make more and preserve.”

11 Likes

Thanks for the information. I did try to germinate some of the lambsbread seeds with no success. Jedi mind trip seeds were poor as well. Interestingly the colombian red was 3 for 3. 2 females and 1 male, I had to ditch the male because I had no place to continue growing it at the time. That was unforunate,

2 Likes

Offer closed

3 Likes

Offer closed

1 Like

As I understand this, this is not a sales opportunity. This is a serious call out to people who will grow and share seeds. There are plenty of places for your scheme. We are serious.

Thanks for playing.

1 Like

Lol, you must be new here. Group buys are common on OG, and a way to get rare seeds in the hands of folks who can reproduce them for the community.
Go read some posts, ask around about me, and come talk to me when you’re all grown up.

!

'Nuff said

11 Likes

I happen to be a member of that server as well

and no scam here not from Headybear he’s a good dude and not here to make money…

these are for sale from someone who’s not on OG to my knowledge, only Discord

Let’s jump on them before they sell!

I sent you a DM about it @HeadyBearAdventures

5 Likes

There’s another thread (Snowhigh Seeds - #422 by Ratbastrd) where a dude has an amazing collection and he’s offering it up to anyone who can run them.

I’m about to plant my outdoor crop for this year, but with only 6 plants I’m not able to preserve anything until April when I get my indoor setup. Definitely worth checking out if you have the space.

7 Likes

Thank for mentioning @ClassicGenetix

FYI, I am not selling or trading these. All I ask is that whoever accepts them, has the skills, tools etc to run, runs them immediately, and shares the seeds. At some point we are going to need to preserve these strains in a fairly pure form, otherwise they will be lost to time.

8 Likes

Definitely, I’ve been of the same mindset for years and started this thread for that very reason. There have been some great ones saved, but many more needed. I’m so stoked that you’ve offered to help out. Sending you a PM because that Oaxaca x Mexican Hashplant would be a fun one to run alongside the Mexican Red Hair Skunk from Classic Seeds I’m doing an OP on.

5 Likes

Anyone tried a seed cracker on old snowhigh beans?

1 Like

This ain’t that.

Wow, what beautiful prose

6 Likes

He got you on that one :laughing:

5 Likes

Presumptuous much?

3 Likes

Haven’t met many who also knew Terry, very cool! I have a bunch of his work as well I need to preserve over the next few years. An absolutely stellar breeder and human being imho

2 Likes