Snowhigh Reproductions

If anyone’s planning a repro, I don’t have much Snowhigh gear but I’d happily donate the ten or so seeds each that I have of Blackberry Spacewreck and Abominable Snowman

9 Likes

Also, it would be helpful to document our successful techniques getting his beans to pop.

For me, it’s been:

1. Quick soak in H2O2
  2. Soak overnight in tap water
  3. Solo cup full of Happy Frog, with some microbes watered in and 1/4" worm castings on top, beans planted
  4. Ziplock sprayed with water over the top of the Solo cup for humidity
  5. Put on heating pad under lights
  6. Spray soil and bag with water daily
  7. Repeat for at least two weeks

Super simple, but waiting the 7-14 days has been the key and keeping the seeds in that consistent environment. Soil spongy, not too compressed and like a sponge that’s been rung out, not too wet or dry.

I’m going to fool around with aloe since I have a bunch on my property and soaking with coconut water as well, but keeping it simple usually gets me 10/10 on his mexicans and 2-4/10 on his AGC99 hybrids

10 Likes

I’m sitting on a couple packs that are originally from Terry at Classic Seeds and repro’d by Alter that I’ve been waiting to grow. Do you have a log going with your repro? Would love to see how they are looking.

15 Likes

What’s the flower time for the JBC?

2 Likes

Flowering Time: 20-24 Weeks

Jamaican Blood Klot (Lambsbread x Panama Red) Landrace Heirloom hybrid

The Real Deal old school lost strains from the past. Integrity and respect will be needed with lots of patience to grow and optimally to finish growing this preservation of old school strains. The Panama Red mother grows large outdoors around 9 feet tall with upright structure, the flowers are sweet and grassy with a mentholated aroma that is divine. The pistils turn red and with the possibility of extended flowering recessive red phenotypes may appear, though on the Panama Red mother the red flowers were not present upon harvesting. The LambsBread male was a true Jamaican stud, preserved and taken care of by way of Rastafarians in the Caribbean islands. The LambsBread is such a long flowering line that only the most tested growers with experience should grow her as to respect the line and to do the job right without messing it up because of lack of experience. Even experienced growers will be tested and will need to do a little homework growing such a long flowering strain. The Panama Red phenos will turn Green and red with orange and red pistils with the Jamaican Lambs Bread phenos creating long limbs with long narrow leaves with shades of purple and full on purple calyxes. Resin is good to great depending on pheno but this strain takes patience, time and lots of respect to grow. Jah, be with you growing the killer buds of the goddess, Kali.

100% Sativa
Yield: low to Moderate
Sex: Regular
Photoperiod: Indoor or Outdoor, preferably outdoors or greenhouse
Flowering Time: 20-24 Weeks
Plant Height: Medium to Tall
Seed Quantity: 10
Pure Equatorial Heirloom Sativa hybrid

14 Likes

That’s what I was kinda thinking.

4 Likes

JBK

jam -Lambsbread-x-Panama-Red

14 Likes

Yeah buddy, those are them! Alter is doing the Lord’s work, and I’m hoping to find some stuff I remember from the early 1990s in there.

6 Likes

Nice! That method is quite similar in effect to what I had planned on attempting…main difference being that, by being planted in a heathy and well maintained worm farm, the microflora is much more alive….hypothetically/allegedly giving the effect more oomph. That’s what others have reported anyways :man_shrugging:

I also wanted to try/possibly incorporate the aloe method I read about somewhere on OG.

2 Likes

Sounds like we’ve got a decent number of packs should should there be someone willing and able to tackle that flowering time in the near future lol

3 Likes

Great to see this thread. I’ve got a grip of John’s work, too. Will post some pack teasers soon. :wink:

And I’d be willing to donate my last pack of the Jamaican Bloodklot to the cause, assuming whoever’s working on them is highly skilled at germing old beans.

8 Likes

Snowhigh has a new drop on Seedsforme. After he ripped a bunch of people I guess. The prices are crazy. If anyone’s down to do a repo on his chocolate Thai, Panama red, and Vietnamese Black work I’d be down to help out.

I read about the double Panama repo a while back. If anyone’s down to trade some of those please dm me. Kind of don’t want to buy packs off Snow till he rights the direct personally but for an increase I’d do my part.

8 Likes

Its not an exact repro, but I’m working on autoflowers with much wider genetic diversity. If anyone is up for a trade, I’d love to get some pollen from one of the males, especially the Michoacán or any others with possibilities for the purple sap trait. I’m sure that marks genetics I haven’t got yet.

Will be delightful to see what folks grow! Wish I had the right space & climate for those looong flowering sativas! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Here’s my list of Snow gear, open to sharing with preservationists (exceptions: not letting go of the Purple Corinto, Blood Diamond or Royal Purple Thai).

Big Mountain Gold: Big Mountain Blue x (Acapulco Gold x C99)
Black Raspberry Haze: Oregon Purple Thai x Indica x Blue Moonshine x Purple Thai Haze
Blackberry Spacewreck: (E32 Trainwreck x Black Russian) x (Acapulco x C99)
Blood Diamond: Pablo’s Gold #14 x (Metal Haze x Angola Red)
Congolese Red: Panama Red x Black Congolese
High Priestess: (Haze x Colombian Gold) x (Acapulco x C99)
High Voltage: Pure Power Plant x (Acapulco Gold x C99)
Jamaican Blood Klot: Panama Red x Jamaican Lambsbread
North African Mountain Sativa: Ethiopian Highland x Senegalese
Purple Congolese: Colombian Mangobiche x Black Congolese
Purple Corinto x Colombia Punto Rojo
Purple Corinto x PNG Gold x Haitian Red
Quicksilver: (Metal Haze x C99) x (Acapulco Gold x C99)
Red Gold Metal Haze: Metal Haze F1 x Pablo’s Gold (Red Trait Male)
Royal Purple Thai: Holy Purple Thai x (Metal Haze x Angola Red)
Sunshine: Malawi Gold x Chronic x Vietnam Gold

16 Likes

Wow! That’s an impressive list man. Very cool. I’m booked through June but after the North African Mountain Sativa would be great as I have 4 Afropips Senegalese Haze a friend sent me to repro and I’ve been looking for another Senegalese to have on hand in case those 4 don’t give a b/g. The High Priestess and High Voltage have been on my list for a long time as I’m obsessed with that AGC99 male.

8 Likes

Sounds good, just let me know when you’re ready to run and we’ll sort it out. Hope the Afropips put out some magic!

4 Likes

For sure! Which of the Snow gear have you run so far and what stood out?

1 Like

Hello everyone I just popped on this thread and browsed through a bit. I bought several varieties from John a while back and I have only grown out the Colombian Red (just finished a couple of runs with clones and still have a mother or two going as is a favorite of mine) and the Jedi Mind Trip (it was ok). But after reading through here a bit I went and looked back at the collection and thought I would share what I have. I have tried to germ a couple of other strains but have found it difficult to get seeds to germinate from his stock. Let me know what you guys think of my seed collection and maybe see if anyone is interested in doing preservation runs…

1. Acapulco Gold purple stem Bx 10
2. Swazi x Panama Red 10
3. Durban x eastern cape Sativa x Panama Red 10
4. Guerrero Green x Michoacán green purple brown 10
1. Jamaican Blood Klot 20
2. Panama Poison 10
3. Thor’s Hammer F1 10
4. Jedi Mind Trix 10
Acapulco Gold x C99 F2s 20
High Priestess 10
Blueberry Blast 30
Heroine 10
Quick silver 10
Nangarhar Afghani 10
Nangarhar Afghani x Panama red 10
pure panama Red 10
Pelo Rojo Especial 10
60’s Colombian Red 10

Sorry for any formatting issues with my post. I am still trying to figure out this platform.

29 Likes

Awesome collection the nangarhar afghan x Panama red sounds killer along with a few on that list eventually wanna try some of his stock seen and heard so much good about his stuff :call_me_hand: very nice of you to offer up some for preservation welcome back to og @moguy99

6 Likes

Thanks! Now I just need to figure out how the platform works. It’s a little different from what I have seen before on other forums

5 Likes