Snowhigh Seeds

I don’t remember the exact science myself, I just know a lot of folks who are more experienced than myself have sworn by it and it’s produced good results in the past so I usually bust it out for older seed stock.

1 Like

Rough season this year we normally have a long season but it’s been really foggy and wet most nights; starting to see the rot hit buds. I’ll probably harvest a little earlier than I wanted too, this weekend time permitting and until then I’ll cut the rot out.

Quicksilver clones - same females from seed run - outdoor

Mexican punto rojo even getting some rot - I’ll let this go and keep cutting it out

Guerrero green x Michoacán bastard - this one broke my heart lol I had to chop a bunch of big nugs already

21 Likes

Yes, Adam is a friend of John’s so he gets the good old rare seeds. Highly recommend Annunaki Genetics strains, bred by Adam of Seedsforme. Been a fan since 2016.

If anyone does an OG f2 seedrun of Blackberry Spacewreck, DM me when you’re ready to pop them and i’ll send the 5 seeds i have. In the US or Canada ideally.

6 Likes

EWC have amazing enzymes - similar to a sprouted seed tea - that help with germination.
Plus the probiotic bacteria of EWC prevent bad microbes from taking a hold.

7 Likes

Worm bins!
Quote mystic Funk:

“Worm bins!
Yup! Worm bins work great to pop hard to sprout seeds. I don’t know exactly what’s going on in there but it works. maybe it’s the fertile casting, the high oxygen content from the worms fluffing the soil, the anti-mold / antibacterial properties, the consistent temperature the worms keep the soil. Maybe it’s all of the above? Hopefully someone will chime in and fill me in on the science behind this.”

7 Likes

Sterility is the enemy. Folks soak in H2O2 to remove pathogens from the seed hull, but a sterile environment means that the first organism to get a foothold (often molds) dominates the environment.
My beans are intentionally caked with beneficial bacteria, and watered in with 24 hour porch fermented potato water.
Also, for more context, check out

A popular and widely used germination resource here on Overgrow!

13 Likes

Thank you man. I appreciate learning this just as I am going thru my Snowhigh seeds. Made my year :slight_smile:

3 Likes

What sort of scents/aromas are you finding on the mexican punto rojo?

3 Likes

I’ll try to clear the sinuses and get you a good whiff tonight, but right next to the quicksilver which is further along in flower, it’s hard to smell anything other than pineapple funk / skunk :joy:

4 Likes

Does anyone have any updates on the pre orders John took last winter? It’s been a year now. Does anyone have direct contact with John and know anything 100%. Every time this comes up people give a vague “he’s not doing well”. A couple people have said he passed away. Just trying to find some real answers. I understand he’s sick but at a certain point it would cool if he let people know what’s going on.

4 Likes

Nobody knows anything. Last post I read was on another from, from may, where he told someone he had a rough go but hes getting back to work.

He doesnt update instagram, he either lost his email or his inbox is full.

If he has an update, I am sure someone will share it here.

3 Likes

John released some seeds a few months ago. The word is we need to wait. I don’t know why he’s not responding to anyone but I’m betting on him coming through eventually. Looking at the situation in hindsight he made the mistake of offering preorders in a bad year for growing. He had several weather related issues that set him back more than a year. His only choice now is to pay back the thousands of dollars he collected or lay low and grow lots of seeds to fill the orders.

5 Likes

Yeah, that seems to be the general consensus. I totally understand being sick and experiencing weather related issues that are not in your control. The extreme lack of communication is kinda what’s been rubbing me the wrong way. It’s 2023, communication is beyond easy even if you are sick.

3 Likes

Its Gmail account and they do get maxed out

Just have to wait for word…You will hear something

3 Likes

I saw someone on one of my discord servers finally got an email from him a week or so ago. I would imagine it’s going to be quite a process to get through his email backlog. But at least a single report of someone getting a response is progress.

11 Likes

IMG_1782
So here are my Nangarhar Afghani/ Panama Reds. Unfortunately they’re getting no natural sunlight as the sun is too low in the sky. Am just leaving them to see what they do. I think even if they did have sunlight, they’d be mid December finish so bit gutted. They do have a very pine scent. Also very wet here now.

23 Likes

Harvested the outdoor quicksilver. Most trichomes were cloudy, not much Amber but it’s really the only day I have to do it for the next week or so.

Also powdery mildew starting to show on a couple so I wanted to minimize loss.

Luckily the weather took a turn and we were on a warm/ dry spell so the rot wasn’t as bad as it looked in the beginning.

This was pheno turned purple and has a more airy bud structure

These phenos were getting nice and frosty, too.

Al plants have a fruity funk with a little skunk and piss mixed in, but in a good way :joy:

33 Likes

it also chemically scarifies the seed to make it easier to germ :eyes:

3 Likes

reminds me of the ApG purp/gold mix line in terms of the flower look

3 Likes

Well that’s good to hear!

I’m excited to try her out and will run some clones indoor next for a sensi jar filling run.

My Mexican standoff and panama red seem to have failed… I’ll keep them around as a Hail Mary and just throw them in some dirt incase they decide to sprout, m but it looks like there were some bugs in the castings I have and all the seeds have started to mold or rot unfortunately. Now that I think of it, I didn’t have drain holes in the containers where I was soaking them so I’m not sure if I should’ve had drainage holes in there or not. I was just opening the containers once a day and making sure they stayed moist.

I sanitized everything and put down reinforcements, but this time I’m germinating just straight to some soil.

12 Likes