So who here makes their own vape cartridges?

I’ve used these with d8 distillate between harvest. SPRK Ceramic Cartridge – PCKT Brand they hit pretty nice and you can get 2 and a half fills out of em.

3 Likes

So I’ve never made hash rosin, just rosin from flower. So you can get a thin enough oil by pressing hash?

1 Like

The hash rosin is cleaner than flower rosin. It gets thinned out in the decarbiloxation stage.

4 Likes

If I am going to vape it, then technically decarb is not needed for absorption, or am I mistaken?

What I find interesting is that you say that the decarb thinned it out. Can you elaborate on this please.

I have 40ml of green dragon waiting in the freezer for me to filter. (Winterize)

Of note, my biomass was dry sift kief rather than rosin.

THCA has a tendency to form crystals. Some people intentionally crash THCA into “diamonds”. Decarbing removes the carbolic acid group, turning it to THC which does not form crystals.

5 Likes

So the cart is doing cart things… not as tasty anymore, not hitting as hard either, likely it’s thickening up. Getting darker as it heats and cools. It somehow went off in my pocket at the roller rink (this is an issue with the battery not the cart) and burned it a bit. Some minor leaking Overall, it would be great for a concert or snowboarding trip. But won’t replace the Huni Badger as my daily driver.

4 Likes

@ReikoX Thank you sir, I know I hit you in multiple threads, and I appreciate your info, immensely!

How does one “crash” the THCA out of the solution?

2 Likes

I don’t know all the specifics, but heat and pressure are involved.

2 Likes

I take a mason jar and fill it with distilite, leave about a 1/4 of space in the jar and on the hot plate at 140 for a month, you’ll see the thca start to separate, I put it in a dry ice and alcohol bath for 12 hours, then to the freezer, then to the fridge. Then on the counter for a day.

Unless you have a vaccum and oven this take a long while.

1 Like

Just starting this process, simple way, rosin press and East coast 710… should have refillable carts in hand tomorrow :grinning:
I filled my 1st cart: GG#4 rosin thinned just enough to inject it into the cart… wow it don’t take much of a hit to get to me… I guess i’m a lightweight… :dizzy_face:

So I got some new carts (PCKT SPRK ceramic) and they are working out much better. I tried one and it worked flawlessly through the first fill, the second fill is getting a little clogged towards the end. I don’t think I’ll be going for a third refill on it, but I may try cleaning it with alcohol and trying it again some other time.

I liked the cart so much I even picked up a new battery to match (PCKT Two). I have only had it for a day now, but so far it is far superior to the Duo I was using. I’m not sure how I feel about the haptic feedback, but the auto draw feature is nice. It’s got a nice weight to it and seems solidly built.

So I’m working on some more solventless hash rosin carts. Here is 7 grams of broad spectrum (45-160 micron) hash rosin. It has been decarbing in this sealed container for about 10 hours at a temperature of 150-175°F. I plan to let it go about 24 hours, then I’ll let it cool before opening the lid.

10 Likes

Very cool. I got my carts from CMRC as testers but they don’t seem to be doing anything at present sadly.

1 Like

Of course that liquidizer is no longer available

1 Like

:wink:

1 Like

Sucks they shut it down. There’s our government again controlling shit to keep us safe :roll_eyes: :rage:

2 Likes

Ya…… safe lol it really does, that place you linked has tons of cool shit I had no idea existed though, wow! Thanks again brother

1 Like

What the fuck was wrong with that shit? Oh nicotine? Nasty shit.

1 Like

It’s about new rules regarding the packaging of eliquids, not so much the product.

1 Like

Kid shit. I got say I kinda agree with that. I don’t agree with much.

1 Like

Is shatterizer PEG200 or something? Not vg, not pg.

Polyethylene glycol?