SoCal Beach meetup? (Kelp, shells, trash...)

Just wanted to put out some feelers to see if anyone is interested in this?

Could be kept anonymous and super informal, maybe just put a garden tie on your wrist or something and bring whatever you want (trash bag, 5 gal bucket etc)

7 Likes

:wink: @Meesh is known for pickin’ up trash on the beach… :rofl: :beers:

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

Depending on when and where, sure, I would be interested

4 Likes

That would be great to just run down and gather enough kelp for the garden! I guess the shells have the calcium… I miss the beach.

4 Likes

Yep, but not until April. I’m still swamped with tax time

3 Likes

Well, I was thinking either there could be a vote of where or if there is enough people, different areas could organize their own events.

Maybe some of the major areas to start like San Diego, Long Beach, Santa Monica, Ventura?

I would say either the weekends (though crowds could be a plus/minus) or like 5:30/6pm some week day, maybe once a quarter or something like that for starters?

2 Likes

If you make one down south area - my cat and I would join & help with some trash cleanup!

Maybe that’s what it can be. Something selfless for the community… little do they know we collect kelp and shells for our monster tree collections :herb: !!

I think ur onto something

1 Like

For sure, I think our community might be incentivized by the kelp while simultaneously inspiring others to further help with the trash :wink:

How bout a location poll for now?

• San Diego
  • Long Beach
  • Santa Monica
  • Ventura
  • Other

0 voters

1 Like

And maybe a poll for when?

• Weekend
  • Week day after 5pm

0 voters