Socal Seed Vault - Anyone dealt with them?

Good company, good rep, used them on/off over 4 years. Haven’t had a negative experience to date. Hope you have a good experience as well. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

I just popped some of their Mac f3 and 36 chambers, so far so good.
I like the sound of their glaciers of ice stain.
They are super good to deal with and always include freebies.

1 Like

I gotta say, they were pretty great to deal with and answered a lot of questions and gave thoughtful recommendations. I was pleased enough that I went from buying a few packs to buy this… Funny enough, it was the Alter Ego pre-2013 Blueberry that caught my eye most, and I forgot to order it and had to add it on last minute before he shipped. There’s definitely some care, passion, and thoughtful breeding here, which I appreciate.

He even helped me select some Alter Ego packs that he’d ran or knew about. Not sure if they’re grownies or if he just likes them and distributes them.

I know this is an old thread, but curious to hear if anyone has more feedback after they’ve grown some :v:t2:

Oh, and, WU TANG! :rofl:

7 Likes

SoCal Seed Vault has excellent communication, great prices and fast discreet shipping. Great freebie packs were included.

I will be growing their Chocolate OG, Columbian OG, Rainbow Star (a Purple Kush cross) and Alter Ego strains Pre ‘13 Blueberry, Cracker Jack and Doobie Brothers.
Just can’t decide which strain to start!

4 Likes

I can’t believe he is back… good news! Socal Seed Vault can be trusted… I’ll vouch for them personally. He’s a good guy with great intentions. :+1:

18 Likes

Man, that makes me happy to hear! only had great experiences with the dude myself, ran the oaxacan from Alter Ego that I got from him this year and I really liked it. With so much negativity in the cannabis breeding space lately it’s nice to see one well respected breeder vouching for another persons work :slight_smile: :seedling:

7 Likes

Anyone try out the Alter Ego Chem 4 BX3?

3 Likes

I bought the cali-o and the barney’s farm acapulco gold (alter ego). I totally screwed them up by starting out the seedlings in tiny starter pots that dried out because it was the dead of winter and I let them dry out. But I saved enough to make a few seeds of cali-o that I just germed and a cross of the two. Only two ag’s made it and were both male. One male took close to four weeks into 12/12 before it showed flowers, the other maybe two weeks. The cali-o’s that survived looked great. They got very frosty.

3 Likes

Was that Alter Ego road kill Skunk you and I went in on? That seed run was highly successful BTW.
@thecurtainwith how was the Oaxaca? What was flowering time if you recall? Pictures?:drooling_face::drooling_face:

2 Likes

Do you know much about it?

1 Like

I do believe, indeed it was. Have a FEW items coming in from Hoku Seeds I think might me in your “wheelhouse”. There’s a Kentucky Landrace, a Syrian V., and Acer (Thai, Australian, Japanese HOP, and Ruderalis!!!). Check out the Site. Regardless, they’re inbound. SS/BW…@mister :honeybee:

5 Likes

That’s the one I grew out and had asked questions when my females were going semi auto. I thought Red Hair was Mexican/Colombian but someone else that had it said Mexican/Afghan which makes more sense because the buds were pretty dense and reddish purple.

13 Likes

I ran her outdoors this fall and pollinated her with some kumaoni males I selected, I put her outside pretty late, was originally gonna do the project indoors but decided to move it cause I was having some pest issues (but you already know about that whole ordeal lol). Very rugged, great pm resistance and even survived two light frosts before I harvested. I took her the 1st week of December after 14 weeks of flower, if it was sensi I probably would have waited till week 18. Even so, the seeded buds I smoked were phenomenal, super uplifting and clearheaded energetic and slightly psychedelic. And very tasty! My homie at the preservation society is letting me keep my keeper females and males at his place and we’ve been discussing doing a collaborative increase and outcrossing with the line… very excited if that happens :slight_smile: :seedling:

4 Likes

Wow! Sweet! Never heard of those guys. I will check them out now. Kentucky landrace!!:drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face:Syrian v and Acer sound awesome. You’re the best Misterbee!
@District_Flora looks like great smoke. How did you like it?
@thecurtainwith sounds like a real Oaxacan strain. Any nice flowers? Any stretchy plants? I just picked up your buddies kashmir sirnoo and Malana.

4 Likes

Not too much stretch on the lady I flowered out but real nice flowers! Wish I had some good pics to show… this fall was a real shitshow lol

Man that makes me so happy to hear!! I’m sure he appreciates the purchase, seed sales have been super slow the past year for him. I’d advise you increase that Sirnoo, the line is super rare and it’s one of the best medicinal smokes I’ve ever had. Meditative glowing aura from my heart chakra outwards. Great for physical pain, GI stuff, and depression. And the line has solid as hell males… but I’m getting off topic here :grin:

5 Likes

I’ve used SoCal in several of my breeding projects and have built up a nice library of their strains. Phenomenal breeder, SoCal and Alter Ego. Great genetics!!!

I had a Hermit’s Peak Calf Canyon fire/flood relief donation campaign (NM) with a seed raffle in August. Had customers ( afterthought autos) I’ve known( now seed peers) since 2010 buy our genetics while I donated a portion of seed sales went to fire victims non profit organization.

Raffle winners were able to choose one of many of SoCals donated seed packs for the cause. So yes, I support and recommend So Cals packs, either Regular (my preference) or Fem packs. Also has Nutty North generously donated his genetics, too. WIN/WIN for all. Had an outstanding response with seed orders.

I also teach an organic grow auto class and I list SoCal and several others being very reputable seed breeders in my presentation. In Stay away from WEEDSEEDSUSA in OK. Terrible. Have stories to tell.

By all means…SoCal is fantastic!!!

2 Likes

Ive used SSV a few 2-3 times because I liked the crosses he was making. He also takes the time to explain the lineage and parents and what to expect. Haven’t grown anything out yet because Ive taken a short break but ive heard good things about his Highschool sweetheart breathe crosses and MAC, and chocolate crosses. I think its Chocolate Mothman…i believe he said it was sort of a Chocolate Thai backcross. But dont quote me on that last one. Id have to check my notes.

1 Like

Got his Dark Chocolate OG and Shadow OG going outside. Both plants are nice. Here’s the Dark Chocolate OG.

7 Likes

4 Likes

I have ordered 6 times or more from them never a problem. A Kirkwood og pack had some nice smoke in it and great smell.

3 Likes