Solar "Ghetto" growing with Hoodini

@ReikoX
What about these ?

https://www.lightmalls.com/cree-xml-t6-1000-lumen-led-emitter-5pcs

1 Like

If you need convincing that it’s an all in one…

Go here: MEGA CROP Battle Room and click the summarize topic button at the bottom of the first post to skip straight to the good stuff.

1 Like

imo this. :slight_smile: +20000000

1 Like

Holy shit!!! Glad I ordered that sample! :grinning:

2 Likes

Yup megacrop is good that’s what I use for my grow as well as others here on og

3 Likes

So i went ahead and bought these (10 of them @ 5 per=50)
Specifications:
3.5-5V White LED light bar:
Color: White
Working Voltage: DC 3.5-5V
Working Current: <225mA(220Ma at 5V;100mA at 3.7V)
Wavelength(nm): 6500
Brightness (mcd): 1500
Angle: 120°
Size: 35x8mm/1.38x0.31"
Quantity: 5 Pcs/1 Set

1 Like

The light output of LEDs is rated in either candelas (also candle) or lux, with the candela being the more common. Both are a measure of luminous intensity. The higher the candelas/lux, the brighter the light.
Standard LEDs emit only a modest amount of light, not even 1 candela. They’re rated in millicandelas, or thousandths of a candela. Millicandela is typically abbreviated as mcd. Typical intensity of a T1-3/4 (5mm) red LED is about 50 to 75 mcd.
Conversely, so-called superbright LEDs might have an intensity of 500 mcd to over 5 candelas.
That means each strip is running 1.5 candelas x 50= 75 candelas, 1 candela=12.57 lumens
Also picked up this,

it will allow me to regular the voltage coming in and going out so I can run it on my 6v system or my 12v system or any system up to 50v 🖒 plus I’ll be able to dial in the leds to the perfect constant current and play around with lower voltage durning veg and higher voltage durning flower

2 Likes

I don’t think my math is right :sob: I’m too stoned for this right now haha

3 Likes

The way you grow reminds me of the way my friend mixes soil. I’m always using measuring spoons, counting, taking notes on any changes and he just pours a handful of this and a handful of that. He NEVER measures anything and he gets good results lol.

2 Likes

Lol well I thank you for the compliment. . . I’m a firm believer that the plant will tell you everything you need to know. . .:grin: but a lot of plants were harmed in the making of this idea lol

3 Likes

If you are getting 1/2 your ppm back I would leave it alone or cut back. When you get down to 15% in your run off, then bump it up.

Give her straight water and check the ppm in that too.

1 Like

It looks about half back in the run off, so I refeed her later with it and then before bed she gets another refeed with the run off and in the am it starts all over again. . . I don’t have a ppm meter bro so I can’t check it

I found a ppm pen and a ph pen together for i think $10 on amazon or ebay. Best $10 i have spent in this hobby yet brother. I aint got much but if you need some assistance getting one let me know brother.

1 Like

Thanks bro :grin:🖒 I’ll get one soon enough but my first go at it i want to do it all by “feel” . . . I’ll start perfecting it and get all the gadgets next run

1 Like

I’m also gonna be following along because 1: You’re pretty cool, 2: I want to eventually do larger scale solar stuff.

3 Likes

Well awesome @Jellypowered I’m sure we can help each other out! Thanks for the confidence 🖒 your pretty cool yourself

2 Likes

Day 23 from pop. . .I checked my notes

Fed her 4 times yesterday and she grew almost an inch, i have her outside right now for hardening off before budding starts. . .she getting a little leggy and I’m thinking about putting her outside fully through bud

4 Likes

This is what I’m feeding her once a day. . .I then refeed the run off 3 more times before nighttime

Keeping it light

2 Likes

Here is another side by side comparison. . . She is at about 8 inches now

And taller than my 16oz pot and plant lol

4 Likes

So she’s just at 7 and a half inches. . .in 26 days I’m happy with her growth. . .not bad for my first time doing hydro

Her coyteldons finding yellowed and are drying up. . .I do believe she’s going into flower :grin: I upped my concentration just a smidge today so we will see how she does

3 Likes