Somango XXL grow

Sorry it’s been so long since my last post, been a little under the weather. Starting to get back to doing a little more. Here is what I have going on right now.

Somango XXL from Nirvana seeds. Grown in mix of compost, vermiculite, and spagnum peat moss (1/3 of each). I’m using fish emulsion and compost tea along with bloom booster from epsoma along with pH water and so forth.
Today is week 4 day 4 of 12/12 lights and the Somango XXL is doing alright I think. Tell me what you think?
The three (3) plants on the left are White Widow clones that are two (2) weeks into 12/12 light. Charlie Brown’s Christmas tree on the end is a pig that I could not stand to slaughter all at one time, so we are having it a ham at a time, so to speak.
Regards,
mike

14 Likes

looking nice looks like they are under an HPS? glad ur feeling better

Two LED 1000 watt fixtures

regards,

mike

1 Like

Looking good @mike28086.

Glad you are still with us.

Appreciate it,

Glad to be here.

Regards,

mike

1 Like

1000w fixtures as in 1000w from the wall or advertised “1000w”?

How far you keeping the lights from the plants?

Normal LED or COB LED? If normal, how many LED’s (e.g. at what power they driven at), and if COB, how many and at what wattage they are ran per COB?

Who is that Somango from? Soma? I think i wanted some of his seeds but they are not being produced by him anymore. I dunno what the deal is really.

Nice one! @mike28086

HppHrvst

1 Like

I thought the same thing as you but just reread and he says

1 Like

Right.

Well. No excuse, i should have read deeper into it.

Thanks @Viva_Mexico! You the man!

HppHrvst

2 Likes

Here is a link to the LED lights https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071LQ9Z68/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 They work well for what I need.

Thanks for the reply, man :slight_smile:

The link says:

:slight_smile:

And not trying to shit on your cake! Just wanted to note this in case you were not aware.

Right, they are 1000w of light power each, low power consumption. That is the reason I choose these, trying to be as economical on my power as possible. Works for me, so far!

Regards,

mike28086

1 Like

Just watch your electricity bill haha those led built off epistar diodes can be tricky. Their power rating is based off the maximum the chips can handle not what the drivers are actually driving them at. I was running pretty much the same setup (2 “1000w” epistar based blurple led) and while they performed ok, they damn near doubled my electricity bill while putting out less light than my 600w hps set up. I see plenty of people growin fire with those style of lights so if its workin for ya, stick with it but when they burn out, id strongly reccomend taking a look at full spectrum led set ups. Diy builds wont cost you much more than your current set up and thats where the real efficiency is at.
But again, just my experience and you didnt ask for opinions lol your garden is lookin excellent man! Keep up the good work!

1 Like

Thank you, I’ll keep it in the back of my mind for later on down the road.

Thanks, again.

mike

1 Like