Somebody Stop Me

Not anymore. I broke it :joy:

Yeah could be. I’m not sure what the other primary goals are but one is absolute indoor stealth in a crowd

5 Likes

Been down this road and it’s long and winding. Started off with VG and flower with heat. It would work, some flavors were better than others, but potency was low. I would hit it over and over abd barely get a buzz.

Next step was BHO with PG as a thinner. This worked alright, but the PG was harsh and had a plastic taste. Potency was better, but still lower than smoking flower. I tried other cutting agents, but gave them up after people were getting sick from vapes.

Once I started making my own rosin, I went to various cartridges made specifically for concentrates. The first one was called the Hercules, worked great, good flavor, but could easily scorch the product. I used a GoBeee for a minute, good flavor and temp control, but it wanted to fire in my pocket and was still a little large. I finally ended up with the Huni Badger and stayed with that for 2-3 years.

While messing with some VG extracts for the garden, I put a bunch of Juanita la Lagrimosa buds in a jar with VG and forgot abput it for two years. When I remembered it, I strained it and put some in a vape mod. It was absolutely delicious and surprisingly potent. Not sure if there was degradation to CBN or what, but it would knock my ass out.

Most recently, I decarbed some primo hash rosin in a small sealed jar and filled some oil carts. I tried one in a cheap metal cart and it was alright, but the nice ceramic carts were off the charts. Taste, potency, and stealth. I sacrificed some yield to tools and the decarb, but this is the closest thing to a dab in pen form I have made.

23 Likes

Interesting. Sounds like you’ve put in a little trial and error here.

I’m trying to figure out a good use for the mod and tank I have sitting around and Mrs Foreigner is into the pens so I figured I’d try something a little different.

But the ROI is pretty high on a press. She’d need me to make like 40 vape carts before it’s paid off. Which seems high. Unless I switch out my whole system to rosin which is another consideration.

Any thought on “winterizing?” Is it just to get the precipitate to the bottom and then decanting off?

6 Likes

I put the decarbed hash through the coffee grinder:

And here it is all lumpy:

And here it is all mixed:

We wait patiently. I might take a nap.

10 Likes

Do you have a recommendation on a Rosin press? I’m very curious to start experimenting

2 Likes

Oof, I bought mine years ago. Went with a 10 ton H frame press from Canadian Tire(on sale) and 3x5 plates.

The 10 ton is excessive and takes up too much space, I rarely push over 2 tons and could also get away with smaller plates (something like 3x3) for personal use.

My plates are from Lit Extracts (not sure if they even exist anymore)

7 Likes

Whoa whoa whoa!! Let’s leave cardio out of this🤣 too close to home with that one!

3 Likes

Sweet thank you!:pray:t4:

2 Likes

Winterizing would be taking your concentrate and dissolving it in ethanol. Then crashing out the waxes and lipids in the freezer for about 72 hours. Next filter out the waxes and lipids with a coffee filter. Finally evaporate the alcohol to get a winterized product.

8 Likes

For sure, an A frame press is a bit smaller and will get ya where you need to go. I’m not sure how the all-in-one units are today but they look pretty great. People were still trying to use t-shirt presses when I was first getting in to it lmao

3 Likes

I see. I had it all wrong.

I think the worst that will happen here is that I will burn out coils pretty fast but they’re cheap so it’s ok. I will of course filter out solids as best as possible…but you know.

I hope it tastes good.

4 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Do you have an image of this build?

1 Like

Excuse the mess, the bulky ol’ thing is currently taking up residence in the storage room

8 Likes

Get in contact with gettinghighsince95 over on reddit he make presses and they’re awesome!

If you don’t want to buy one from him he has all the drawings and parts list for you to make your own.

Makes them all from 4ton to 15ton from bottle jack to hydraulic you choose and an awesome guy to chat to as well :+1:

:peace_symbol:

2 Likes

Delicious sludge

4 Likes

@Foreigner pretty sure @psam did some experimentation with PG &VG for tincture and carts at some stage and even got lab results for the outcome.

Hope he’s around to chime in .

This has been on my radar too for some time, making carts but after going through countless threads over at future4200 it always ends up the same jar tek being the winner.

Here’s a video

:peace_symbol:

6 Likes

Right on brother! Thank you for the info and the video. Both helpful🙌🏽

1 Like

I haven’t messed with it too much, so I won’t speak at of any specific process, but some homemade EHO in one of these does alright for me when I need the stealth/portability of a pen.

4 Likes

PG in inhalers as well. VG is in allot of topical stuff as well shampoos or whatever. I get nic in 50/50 cut that with 100% pg for coil longevity as someone mentioned.
Used to smoke, vape wins in many ways, price, smell, cleanliness, stealth ( take a hit anywhere really) but with smokes I knew when I was done. All day vaping dries out the sinuses and too dry and eventually gums recede.

1 Like