Someone talk to me about feeding

Yes. He was using the same name and avatar.
Living in the same place

3 Likes

Man he had some cool pictures!

2 Likes

You can always use it for moms or outside veggies flowers etc. I use the RO line. I mistakenly did same thing first buy.

I have about 10 pounds still of solution grade gypsum that I was debating using a little with Jacks but used some last summer for amending my patio container vegetables.

2 x 4 tent
T5 fluorescent
Eb stone ā€œEdnaā€™s blendā€ soil
2 gallon pots
Hand watered about every 3 days
Tap water is 6.0 ph

1 Like

It all depends what medium you are using?
If you are using soil like ffof then you would likely start feeding around 4-6 weeks
If you are using ffhf usually about 3-4 weeks until you need to start feeding,if you are using coco coir then you Feed immediately.
I recommend you purchase a ph meter and a tds meter
Your tds meter will tell you when you need to feed and answer slot of questions regarding your plants condition.
Check your runoff numbers and if using soil I usually start feeding when my runoff numbers hit 1000 ppm
Good luck and happy growing

Iā€™m going to put in another vote for jacks 321. I use 20-20-20 at .5-1 gram per gallon in veg and first 2 weeks of flower. I than use .5-1 gram per gallon 10-30-20 until the end.
Just as a side note. A friend of mine whoā€™s a long time smoker was positive I was organic. He was shocked when I told him I was all salts in coco.

I reread my earlier post. I use the 321 formula as a base and add the other two as described

The simplest solution is to buy something reputable that has easy to follow instructions and follow them

They are not gospel but a good guide until you build a feel for it.

3 Likes

So youā€™re adding the 20-20-20 on top of the 321? Whats the reasoning?

Thatā€™s what I read on the thcfarmer thread when I first read about the formula. The reason was a little more nitrogen in veg and as a blossom booster in flower.
Iā€™ve since talked to people who only use the base who have great results as well.

1 Like

I got to go check out the link from earlier in the thread also. Iā€™m curious about how JrPeters is feeding.

Hey man. If it works for you, then roll with it. Was more asking because everyone says the 321 is a complete formula. Iā€™ve used the 20-20-20, but the low Ca and Mg required supplementation so I stepped away from it.

Always open to learning. Love talking to others and comparing styles. Iā€™ve always believed that I can always improve with more info and sharing experience. Thank you for asking me why Iā€™m doing it this way.

2 Likes

I personally use jacks 321 and silica
I add mykos during transplants
First 3 weeks of flower I switch to silica and jacks 222 with 1.2 grams of MKP then after 3 weeks of flower/12/12 back to silica and jacks 321
If you have issues calcium bump up part B a bit if you have issues with Magnesium bump the epson salt up a bit.
Happy growing :+1::muscle::v:

1 Like

Okā€¦Odd man out here, BUTā€¦definitely a newbie. Only thing Iā€™ve used so far has been the Fox Farm liquid plant food, All 3 flavors. I went that way because 1) Organic, and 2) very understandable feeding directions/schedule.

Have I been happy with it?..Sure!..those that followed my ā€œWedding Cake on the Deckā€ thread saw my results. Ended up with about 42oz dry weight in 3 containers.

Would I change?..You betcha! :slight_smile:
One of the reasons we join forums like this, and read threads like this is weā€™re all trying to learn and improve on what weā€™ve done in the past. Itā€™s what makes OG great, along with other things :wink:

Hereā€™s the rub. Pretty much everything we talk about is very subjective. ā€œI did X, and I got Y, and Iā€™m really happy.ā€ Just like I said above. The issue is there is very little actual science in a lot of what we say/do/pass on. Is Foxfarm good? I think it is. Is it the best?..NO IDEAā€¦and canā€™t answer that until Iā€™ve used 5-10 different feeding solutions while holding everything else constant, which I am just not going to do.

Soā€¦what does ā€œgoodā€ mean? Well, for me it means that 1) It didnā€™t kill anything, 2) it was easy to understand/use, and 3 I didnā€™t have to take out a loan for it.

I have had good results with other vegetable plants using some seafood compost. In fact, Iā€™ve grown heirloom tomatoes for years, and I can honestly say that the past 2 years Iā€™ve been using seafood compost Iā€™ve had the best yields and healthiest plants since I started. Itā€™s a supplement, not a feeding solution, but Iā€™ll be incorporating that into my planting mix this year for my gurls.

Iā€™m interested in the Jacks, and will probably give them a shot this year, once I price everything out. One of the things that I think is good about Fox is that theyā€™re relatively weak, so I think itā€™s hard to do damage. BUTā€¦Iā€™d like to find something a bit less expensive.

Lob

p.s. Seafood compost is about $10 for a small bag, BUTā€¦we eat a LOT of seafood, so when I pick out a 5gal bucket of crab, or we have lobsters, I put the shells in a heavy duty contractor bag and stomp the crap out of them, then mix it in with some regular compost and let it sit until next year :wink:

4 Likes

I recently switched to Athena Blended Line, and i gotta say I really like this stuff! A lil easier to mix than GH 3-part with 7 total bottles; with Athena i use Balance (silica), Cleanse (chlorinated water), CalMg and the Grow or Bloom A & B. I also add PK about mid bloom. I might drop the Cleanse since I use tap water, but everything is responding so well I just keep at it.

I mean, Iā€™m not getting crazy growth or anything, but, I havenā€™t had so much as a couple leaf-stripes before adding CalMg, and the bud-stacking does seem to be a lil better than with GH nutrients.

These Athena nutrients though, they seem geared toward big commerical usage. Only comes in gallons and theyā€™re decently pricey.

What are you using for silica supplement?

1 Like

I have been using Neptuneā€™s Harvest for a while on my grow and outside patio tomatoes with good results. But switching to jacks seems to be a upgrade and still easy to use. Got lots of Neptuneā€™s left which will still be used until gone on vegetables

2 Likes

I use GH amori si/silica
Works great