Something's wrong with my plant. Help me please. :(

Howdy! Thought id try to help your current scenario :slight_smile: ā€¦ Well, I would get a cheap florescent grow light, and put that girl inches away from the bulb. I think this plant is starving for lumens more than anything else(Why sheā€™s stretching). Hope there is a hole in the bottom of the planter for drainage. Get on ebay, and order some Jackā€™s all purpose veg ferts.20-20-20, and some Blossom Booster 10-30-20 for floweringā€¦ Feed em 1/4 teaspoon of the veg ferts everytime you water. Let the pot somewhat dry out before watering her again, or else the roots will not establish, and root rot may come into effectā€¦Then when you put her in bloom, give her the same dosage but with the bloom ferts. A drop of ā€œSuperthriveā€ per gallon ONLY in veg will perk that girl up! But, since the hairs are kicking in, DO NOT use the superthrive in bloom. If you dont feed em right, and give her adequate lighting, you will encounter problems. Iā€™ll give you an ā€œAā€ for effort, but you will need to upgrade to get the results your after. We have all been there, done that. Just trying to help you out some. Carry on, and Good Luck!.. :slight_smile:

If you want the buds to grow, in a much quicker fashion. That plant needs to be in TOTAL darkness 12 hours a day to kick in the flowering hormone. :wink:

2 Likes

Guys! I understand that my bush here looks extremely funny. As I wrote earlier, this is essentially my first experience. Of course, I did not expect any miracles, the fact that I was so hooked on this process - this is for me a mini-miracle. Next time, I will certainly get to the point with more seriousness, but without fanaticism :). So I think the end of this pot is not far off, and based on this situation, I have a question for you.
What would you advise me to order the seeds and from where :slight_smile:
As you probably already understood, I need unpretentious, forgiving some mistakes and of course frost resistance :D. Soon on my windowsill it will be much cooler ā€¦ :smiley:
(Just kidding. Iā€™ll have to look for a new corner for them):wink:

2 Likes

Wow, Thanks a Lot! Sorry i did not see u message:)
Buying will take some time, just because i need to find this, but to provide darkness 12 hours a day - itā€™s easy! :slight_smile:

Yupā€¦ will definetely speed things upā€¦ When you just set her OUT on your window sill, it will slow down the flowering hormone in a big way. Just put her in a cool dry closet overnight for exactly 12 hours. Then place her in a sunny spot for 12 hoursā€¦repeat the cycle. And remember, the darkness must be>ā€¦ ā€œCOMPLETELY DARKā€ ā€¦ :slight_smile: Your doing fine my friend. Keep doing your homework, and listen to all the great growers here on this forum. Youā€™ll be a pro before ya know it! Its really quite easy once you know where all the pieces of the puzzle go. And you can do all this for minimal cash if you know where to look. And as far as seeds are concerenedā€¦ Look onlineā€¦ The internet is an amazing tool.It can be helpful, and sometimes it can be a pain in the ass. One day at a time. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you very much! For me, this is really very valuable and necessary information :slight_smile:

3 Likes

2 nights with 12/12 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Make sure this closet has airflow

1 Like

No need for air flow or ventilation when the plant is in the dark cycleā€¦ Plants require extra Co2, or air ā€œonlyā€ during the ā€œlights onā€ period. Plants make their own Co2 when the lights are off. When your run a Co2 setup, its usually in a ā€œsealed roomā€ without any ventilation whatsoeverā€¦Right? You never run supplementle Co2 at night with an added co2 setup. Now, if the closet is 100 degrees, then ya, ventilation would be ā€œrequiredā€. A typical closet in a house wont get that hot if the ambient temperature is at a normal level(65-75). Plants give out carbon dioxide not only at night but during the day too. It happens because of the process of respiration in which plants take in oxygen and give out carbon dioxide. As soon as the sun rises another process called photosynthesis starts, in which carbon dioxide is taken in and oxygen is given outā€¦

Oh before i forgetā€¦ Did you ever make a drainage hole at the bottom of your pot?? You must have it, or your roots will get all messed up, and your plant will suffer in a big way. After you water or feed, you want a very small amount of water to trickle out of your growing apparatus. After the trickle of water, ā€¦you may physically place this planter in a bigger pot, or whatever.

2 Likes

Hey man. Congratulations on your first grow. Itā€™s a veeeerry addictive and rewarding experience when you finally get into it proper.
Yeah to be honest I think this plant is beyond help. You could save it of course, but it wouldnā€™t be worth the time and effort. Hereā€™s my advice.

1. throw this plant in the garbage along with the pot.
  2. Purchase some quality genetics from a reputable seed bank like attitude seeds.
    https://www.cannabis-seeds-bank.co.uk/
    Start with Dinafem seed company and get yourself a good auto. Those are very easy to grow. Heavy indicas and afghans are very easy to grow too.
  3. while waiting for your seeds to arrive, buy yourself a light.
    There are many lights, but you should maybe start with a 4 bulb t5 or a 300-600w LED.
    These ones for instance
    https://www.amazon.com/VIPARSPECTRA-Reflector-Spectrum-Indoor-Plants/dp/B01B4GQ6MO/ref=mp_s_a_1_11?keywords=led+grow+lights&qid=1562165188&s=gateway&sr=8-11
    https://www.amazon.com/Hydroplanet-Fluorescent-Included-Horticulture-Gardening/dp/B019J3UPUS/ref=mp_s_a_1_2_sspa?keywords=t5+grow+lights+bad+boy&qid=1562165339&s=gateway&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1
  4. Buy some pots WITH HOLES IN THE BOTTOM
  5. If you donā€™t live near a hydroponics shop then make sure you buy quality organic POTTING/CONTAINER soil. If you buy the wrong soil it could burn up your seedling with fertilizer salts or manure.

After that you just gotta leave it alone and donā€™t over water it or give it too much light and youā€™ll be in business.

Goodluck

3 Likes

Ok co2 dont stop fungus and mold

With all the science here google how to deal with pm bud rot and fungus in flower without using poisons . Airflow is a must. Co2 is a hype people chase anyways. Fresh air in is the answer. Supplies co2 during day and o2 at night. I do know a little bit about it. Always ciculate air unless sealed room which means youre chasing the co2hype n throwing money out anyways.

A small plant like that wont encourage fungus or mold in a 12 hour time frame in the darkā€¦ Water or feed ā€œafterā€ taking her out of the closet to allow the soil to dry under the sun throughout the day. Ive done this many times throughout the years, and never had any negative reaction whatsoever.

2 Likes

You know whats better than ā€œGoogle?ā€ ā€¦ Hands on experience. Good day.

3 Likes

Even with links! Super!! TYVM!. U did all the job for me, bro!))

1 Like

Yes, man! This pot with drainage. I havenā€™t watered it for about a week, since the photos with condensate on the bottom of the pot. And i have a question. How to determine that she needs watering and how much? :wink:

1 Like

Awesome! Good work my friend! :slight_smile:

When you think your cannabis plants might be thirsty, take time to observe:

Do the leaves look dark green or are they yellowing?
Are they vibrant, rigid and strong?
How does the soil feel?

A common mistake first-time growers make is to overwater a plant. A healthy cycle of wet and dry is necessary for the roots of a plant to grow out and reach deeper into the pot.

To see if a plant needs watering, stick a finger down a couple inches into the soil. If itā€™s dry, itā€™s time to water.You can also pick up a pot and feel the weight of it to determine if it needs water. This will take some experienceā€”be sure to lift up your pots after watering to get a feel for how heavy they are when full of water. This will give you a sense of what a light, or dry, plant feels like.

An underwatered plant looks droopy and weak, with yellow or brown leaves. There is no strength in the leaves and they feel lifeless. But an overwatered plant look similar, except that the leaves are dark green and the leaf tips will curl as if they are hiding from the water in their pot.

Obviously you donā€™t want your plants to ever be in either condition, but as you figure out your cannabis watering schedule, keep in mind that itā€™s better to underwater plants rather than overwater them.

How much water you ask? Give your plant enough water so that it trickles out of the drainage holeā€¦ In a planter that sizeā€¦ I would say a half to a full cup of water should be plentyā€¦

2 Likes

Now she feels better than ever i think :)). In the morning Iā€™ll arrange a finger-test;)

1 Like

Cā€™mon nowā€¦ Keep your sex life to yourself!! Just Kidding!!! hahahahaha!!! :joy:

2 Likes

Was just trying to help but mold on buddy

Sorry but @CLOSETGROWTH is correct Iā€™ve never ran into mold and I donā€™t run fans during dark cycle so how a plant of about 10ā€ max would acquire mold is beyond me.

1 Like