Something's wrong with my plant. Help me please. :(

Hahhaahahahaha :+1:t3::sunglasses::joy:

P.s You said that she needs FULL dark. I don’t go there after put her in the pantry😎

1 Like

Err on the side of less water. An over-watered plant takes days, sometimes a week or longer to recover. Also, it becomes weakened and is now vulnerable to pests, mold and disease. Not to mention the nutrient “lockout” your suffocated roots will experience.
All you have to do to fix a thirsty plant is give it water.
Over watering is by far the number 1 problem new growers have.
Another way to check the water of your plants is to weigh them on a scale.
Eventually you’ll be able to know if your plants need water just by lifting them, but for now you could try this.
Take a pot, fill it with dry potting soil. Weigh it. Write that down.
Next, take a pot and fill it with moist medium. Or just water the first pot, but let it drain before weighing it.
Write down that number.
I know this doesnt account for the plant but it’s another method.

3 Likes

Thanks @CLOSETGROWTH , I really enjoy your explanations and point of view … :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Yup, when its dark, they dont wanna be disturbed with any light interruptions whatsoever, Just let em sleep, and dont check up on em every hour either!..LOL…

Ya see, in the outdoors it takes practically all year long for the plant to finish. Thats because its not 12/12 in the middle of spring or summer til the later months… Right now we’re kinda cheating “nature” by forcing them to flower inside of a closet… … 2 months maturation, instead of all year. But, when you grow outdoors, the veg period is much longer, and thats why most outdoor plants turn into these incredible “Monsters”… If you have the room, the time, and patience an outdoor grow will do circles around an average indoor grow, unless you live in an area that doesnt get much sunlight.

1 Like

Thank you Explorer. Mold usually happens when a new grower is flooding out the grow medium with excess water, or running Lots of dwc bubblers with co2 supplemented in a sealed room, or an excessive watering schedule, or even leaving a carpet, or floor drenched with water. Ive grown with 12 dwc buckets bubbling away for months at a time without a single hint of mold or mildew. And thats a fact. I think you would get a better chance at getting mold from spraying a bunch of junk on the leaves before the lights out period, than any other time. And adding Co2 supplementation is not “Hype” at all!.. Now I remember why I stopped posting online years ago… Good God, … A 1500 ppm level of co2 will blow the average grower away with the growth rates he/she will witness. What I have posted here are not opinions, … these are facts. If you do things right from the get go, you wont have issues like mold and fungus.

6 Likes

Thank you George :slight_smile: … I tell it like it is… But, opinions are just that … Facts are facts!! We can sit here all day long and argue about this, that and the other thing. But, i have no time for all that. I have grown everyday since the early 90’s… and I believe I found the necessary pieces to this puzzle. I dont know everything, but I will tell others what I truly believe, because I lived this “Life style” since i was a kid. I have fucked up plants just like anyone else on these forums too. I’ll admit to it. But today, I know whats right and what is wrong from all these past catastrophies. Im not getting paid… I help others because I truly care. :thumbsup:

I grew this plant in a closet(Hence my name)… and shut the door at night without any fans, ventilation, nadda… I think she turned out pretty darn good! Even made it in an edition of “High Times” magazine… Like I always say “The proof’s in the pudding”… to the non-believers, Where’s your pudding? Im Not trying to be an ass, but whenever I see someone post awkward advice, or an opinion,… I always look for their product to see if they really know what their doing, or talking about. Usually, i dont see much outta them. I have 2 terrabytes of pictures to prove my abilities. Nuff said.

6 Likes

Yeah I didn’t wanna say it but Co2 is definitely not hype…
All a plant need is water light and Co2 when you break it down.
Your plant can only photosynthesize a certain amount of light, but if you add Co2, it’s can use all your light more efficiently. That’s a dumb way of explains it. Maybe someone else can do better.
I’m bad at science but I think that’s about right. Adding Co2 is the best proven way to speed up growth, and increase your yield.

3 Likes

Yes indeed, Co2 is not hype at all. And to whoever says its all hype, probably never experienced a grow with Co2 enrichment in the first place. Co2 can be beneficial, but it takes some tinkering to dial it in right. The initial investment is what makes alot of people look the other way, or talk smack. The winter time is the only season I use bottled Co2. Too hot of a grow room will reduce potency, and you can/will get them running buds we all dread. Pro’s and con’s,Ya know. :wink:

2 Likes

Wooooooow! Incredible…!

1 Like

yeah i started closet too.

3 Likes

Hi fellas, I haven’t been here for a some time. My bush has a little bit a grown :slight_smile:

I think she’s doing well! I think she feels great). I try to keep her in 12/12
(I bring her into the dark at night): D. Thank you all for the advice and in general for the information! If you noticed something - please tell me;) :slight_smile:

6 Likes

She is looking a lot healthier now hopefully she will get a lot more bud growth for you.

2 Likes

So a little back story, I know this is a girl scout cookie extremely clone, but that’s about it. No idea which breeder or if it’s infact a GSCE I purchased it thru a local dispensary. Anyways about 3 weeks ago it was looking like it was about 2 weeks away from harvest so I started the flush, fast forward 3 weeks and now I’m still not ready for harvest and now my plants leaves are turning yellow and drying up. I’ve been flushing with dialled water for 3 weeks, should I continue the flush or give it a mild dose of nutes, like a 1/8 strength dose. For a day or two then pick the flush back up, I’m lost. Thinking about usut letting it finish out with no feeding just flush.

3rd plant to reach harvest in about 20 years so plz forgive the newby questions.

4 Likes

So you flushed too early is your problem? You’re never going to get that back to normal with a couple feeds or whatever it’s yellow because you’ve taken it’s nutrients away.

Personally would keep flushing it and chop it cos there’s no going back now.

2 Likes

Well not that I’m trying to fix the leaves I’m more asking if I should give it some nutes, or just keep flushing. Seems like it could use some kind of nutes since its hasn’t had any for near a month, except what was flushed from the medium. Figuring a regular flush there are enough stored nutes to keep the plant chugging along. But I think this plant has used up its stored reserves long ago

Lol why would it need nutes if you’re flushing it? I don’t think you even know what you’re doing.

You flush when you’re sure it’s ready to come down. And I’ve never heard anyone flush for a month so should be some the nicest weed you’ve ever had bro.

Chop chop. Remember for the future once you flush unless you replenish the nutrients there is no going back. And also you wouldn’t give a plant nutrients while flushing because that defeats the purpose of a flush in the first place bud :+1:t2::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I had the same issue, this is what my master teacher|nullxnull told me:

I would trim all those yellow leaves to encourage new growth and slightly increase nutrients until the desired strength, you can see how it reacts and dose accordingly.

Someone told me not to flush and decrease nutes until 1/3 and that worked, no harsh taste, better that than chopping too early … :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Depending how long you expect her to be before chop. Only things id think of throwing at her would be epsom salt.
the mag probably wont help your yellow but the sulfur will help boost terps at the end.

2 Likes

Well I don’t know what I’m doing which is why I joined a community of growers, and ask questions here a lot.

But being that I’ve been flushing so long, and that plant is NOT done maturing. And since I’ve flushed all the nutes out of the plant for so long, I thought it may need some kind of nutrients to continue maturing,

1 Like

But I think I’ve got the Info I was after, thanks everyone.

2 Likes