Sour diesel/ Cali connection

Thats the fun in it.

1 Like

I will never order from cali connection again. I spend like $120 on 6 seeds of cheeries jubilee and could only get 3 germinated and 1 was a freak. All 6 seeds were very small and light colored, 3 of them were actually tan.

2 Likes

yeah I hear cali connect is a big rip

1 Like

I sent numerous emails with no response :neutral_face:

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up.
My germination rate went up to almost 100% since I purchased a seedling heating pad with the matching thermostat. Oly time ive lost a seed yet is from my own doing. You may want to give it a try. And ive germinated some older seeds. Just a suggestion. We spend so much on seeds one being 50 , 75$ sometimes. I personally try to give them the best environment to germinate. That and I scuff the side seem gently with a razor.

1 Like

I do have and use a heat pad, those things are great. I have not roughed up the edge though. I know a lot of guys like to use nail files though.

1 Like

Seedsman has Nirvana Seeds - Sour Diesel (NY Power Diesel x Sour Diesel) in stock. $30 for a 10 pack. They are regular too. Might be something good in there.

Cali connection seeds are bunk.

2 Likes

I’ll definitely agree with that statement

earlier cali con was pretty decent.
I hold a couple crosses from an unnamed cali con stud. Its an ogk.
Its pretty kick ass.
This has been a few years, close to 10 id imagine.

4 Likes

From what I’ve read online, it’s a pretty systemic problem with the company. I think they’re maybe not doing a good job pulling out the immature seeds.

2 Likes

King louis xiii from cali conn was pretty good, a pretty standard og kush that yielded pretty well. That said i follow cali con on ig and he is always bitching about stupid stuff like saying he had the origonal sour og and people are stealing his strain names and whining about when people say they started making seeds. Its kinda commical in a 16 year old drama queen kind of way😂

4 Likes

I grew out a half pack of his 707 headband or whatever it was called. Garbage plants. Nothing like a sour OG in my opinion. They all germed quick and grew good. But, nothing special at all. The king 13 was okay in my opinion. Definitely have had better og representations though. 2 other packs i had germ rate issues. Cant remember the strains though. They were given away.

3 Likes

On a side note…so far I’m pretty impressed with norstar genetics and would definitely order from them again. I have a few banana danish ( banana og x chem d) I should easily get a quarter pound per plant off a couple if those.
Anyone have any experience growing out any of their other strains?

2 Likes

Closest thing out there thats close to pure besides karmas work (which im pretty sure he used one of his og lines as an outcross but im not sure) is csi’s twin turbo diesel which is chem 91 x ecsd & chem 91 x aj sour. Its a two pack of fem seeds.

2 Likes

That pack is so fascinating, I love the suggestion in it that someone will find what they’re looking for in either of those tubes or some combination thereof. Because it seems like everyone has a slightly different idea of the perfect Diesel, right? For me, I think it would be in the AJ tube

2 Likes

Ive only seen a couple of grows of it, one dude grew both at the same time and they both looked surprisingly chem 91 dominant. Another dudes run leaned more towards the diesel side. I have the pack and im very interested in it as well. I have a pack of ecsd s1’s from greenpoint seeds as well and im planning on s2’ing all of these n then crossing them to my kalimans cheese no 1.

I agree with you about the aj stuff but sour d is kinda like og kush in that way where there are a lot of “legitimate” sour diesels as when the hermie happened it made more than one seed & im sure some sour d’s hermied on themselves down the line. Half the “sour d” cuts you see today only look a bit like sour d n not how it used to though

2 Likes

:eyes:i was looking at getting this strain from them. No good?

2 Likes

Feel free to stop by the Sour Diesel Seed Run thread! I’m breeding Top Dawg Seeds Sour Diesel bx3 f2’s. That are supposed to be damn close to AJ’s since Sour Diesel without the herms aj’s cut was known to get.

4 Likes

Thanks ill have a look now

1 Like