Sour Diesel Thread

wait what. shoreline’s sour d work with the ECSD is using skunktek’s “sour diesel” and not Weasel’s?

Are you also saying skunktek’s cut and the chaco cut are the same thing?

4 Likes

@Jinglepot did a seed increase for the co-op box last fall. You might want to see if you can trade for them instead of buying. He used top dog bx3 for it

2 Likes

It’s the general consensus that they are the same (Skunktek ECSD / Chaco cut).

Albany is completely different. I believe that is what they used to call “Original Diesel”. It is not Sour like everyone thinks, but Cloney Soprano got it from someone else in Albany who still monocrops it today, so I guess is happy with it. The Albany is 91 Chemdog x MSS / Sensi Northern Lights.

After growing the Albany/Weasel cut myself for a few years, it does not resemble the sour I remember from a few decades ago. That was more like Sour Patch kids kinda sour with a stank to it also. The Albany is just diesel, resembles the 91 Chemdog (which I also grow) but not as good. It’s also super finicky to grow and get right. Not worth it IMO, but some people want to try… Some claim to get better results from using certain hydroponics.

5 Likes

Well that’s depressing. Sounds like all of it is bunk or fake then. Skunktek’s isn’t sour either so that makes me feel better about not jumping on the chaco stuff :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

@Spitfire is running the Shoreline Sour D from seed. He’s also ran Top Dawgs Sour D for comparison.

7 Likes

Well that certainly looks and sounds great! :heart_eyes: but not like the Sour Diesel I remember :thinking:
He does seem to like what he’s found in your stuff better than what he’s found in top dawgs stuff so far though.

9 Likes

This right here?

9 Likes

Im really interested in the Top Dawg SD i got robbed 500 bucks trying to get a pack of them.Running both Sowahh from Karma and Shoreline SD via @spitfire now. Would trade some of my seeds or my keeper clones for a cut or f2 seeds etc. LmK !

6 Likes

It’s not fake, the Albany cut IS an old school New York area diesel cut. There is an Adam Dunn episode where he interviewed Weasel about it. It was very coveted for many years, still is by some. When you look at other threads of yore, it’s called “Original Diesel” or Underdawg.

The sour I remember was just a lot more, sour.

I just got an ECSD cut from Shoreline Genetics but people say it’s the same as Chaco, but that is not substantiated yet. Wes says it’s the best… The sour diesel thing is frustrating, for sure. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

ah I’m out of likes at the moment. I get that it’s a real deal cut that’s been around and it IS diesel and can still be great or whatever… but

that’s what I remember too. So if it’s not actually ‘sour’ like that, I feel it’s at least a bit disingenuous to call it so :sweat_smile: no one seems to know where that old one went to and now we have like 10 different cuts suddenly :thinking:

10 Likes

My memory is it’s called sour, because of how many relationships it soured

6 Likes

I’m horrible at describing and I seem to get slightly diff than others for what I relate it to. I also don’t have any memory of what a real sour diesel should be like. Until I started growing, I didn’t care enough to link the terps to the strains n stuff. if it was good, I smoked it lol.

Ive only tried 1 top dawg sd bean from the seed run so far. I know there’s way better than the one I got!

7 Likes

Mine is ECSD bx1, but it’s still MY favorite. Many good reviews from friends abd family and everyone seems to like it the most, of what Ive grown so far.

9 Likes

IMO, the Sour Diesel I remember sampling at a High Times event at SXSW in Austin years ago was like a fusion between “skunk” and that Sour Patch Kids candy kind of puckering flavor minus the sweet.

But damn it has been a few decades so I probably don’t remember as well as I think anyway.

Wes told me the cut he sent me has been tested at 30% thc and is the best sour cut he has ever come across. Multiple other breeders have worked with it now. Some of them just told him they thought it was the same as Chaco but that has not been proven conclusively.

I grew his Sour D BX a few times and that shit is great, and this cut made it, so I am going to run with it. :blush:

15 Likes

Movies these days just dont have enough bicycle dances at highschool prom

3 Likes

And here she is, same clone, same age, same feeding regimen etc etc, the environment is a cunt hair off and she absolutely hates me. So here what we have is a plant with a hair trigger threshold for environmental influence aka a fickle bitch.

44 Likes

Crazy fickle. I always hated it. Hahaha Much preferred the stuff we had before the Sour cut that was called just Diesel or NYCD.

3 Likes

Meanwhile, same cut same property same 10 days to go. She is literally laughing at Blue Dream yields, go finger.

53 Likes

I seen you out there. You mind if we dance Mith ro date?

8 Likes

Looking dank

3 Likes