Sour Diesel Thread

seedfinder isn’t always accurate

Sour Dubb is BOG’s Sour Bubble clone x Rez Sour Diesel

NYC Diesel is a bagseed diesel crossed to Soma’s Afghan Hawaiian male as already stated. it’s not the same as Sour Diesel.

9 Likes

chimera #4

day 60.

yup …

9 Likes

No one is debating that NYC Diesel is the same as Sour d. You say seedfinder is sometimes inaccurate? Breeders post info on seedfinder. Why would BOG post the Sour Double cross as NYC Diesel and Sour Bubble is it wasn’t? And how do you know more about Sour Double than BOG himself? And then we have an OG member posting an old pack of Soma NYC Diesel that clearly states it’s a Mexican Sativa x Afghan. Are you telling me you know better than Soma what the NYC Diesel cross is, just because that’s what you believe from what you’ve read online?

@cannavore is correct. Seedfinder is definitely not always accurate. I’ve ran into a few mistakes just recently when researching some stuff. If a breeder claims something, what happens when it goes against what another breeder claims?

2 Likes

Looks like that’s spot on…

4 Likes

So have I, which is my point. But is he right about the NYC Diesel? Or did Soma change the info at some point because he thought Afghan x Hawaiian would sell better than Mexican x Afghan? As far as that list of breeders selling Sour D…… Who can one believe when all these breeders are claiming the same thing? How can any breeder say they have Sour Diesel in seed form when it’s a clone only?

Looks like, but my question is about the NYC Diesel. Is it Mexican Sativa x Afghan or Hawaiian x Afghan? Everything online states it’s Hawaiian x Afghan, but Soma’s original breeders pack says Mexican Sativa x Afghan.

1 Like

Not always. It’s kind of like Wikipedia back in the day, when anybody could post whatever they wanted, whether or not it was true. Seedfinder is definitely not always accurate.

Soma himself has been quoted in multiple publications saying that the NYC Diesel was a cross between a bagseed gifted to him (supposedly from Diesel purchased in NY) and some male of his, pretty sure it was a Hawaiian/Afghan hybrid. There was a time, years ago, when the idea that Sour Diesel was some sort of Mexican strain gained a little bit of traction (pretty sure Jason King started that one in his Cannabible series), which may explain why Soma listed the genetics on that seed pack the way he did. I really don’t know.

And anyway, who fucking cares? This is a Sour Diesel thread and NYC Diesel is not Sour Diesel, so…

11 Likes

I do. If you don’t care, don’t respond. The first post talks about Notso’s East Coast Sour D and his Sour D. ECSD is not Sour d, so what’s your point?

2 Likes

Breeders don’t add or post anything to Seedfinder as far as i’m aware. Whoever runs that website does it on their own. For example I have seeds listed on Seedfinder and I didn’t do it, nor did I ask anyone to do it, nor was I contacted about anyone doing it.

Sour Dubb specificially there is some contention about. BOG gave multiple different info over the years (at one point he was claiming Sour Dubb came from one of the seedlines he sold but originally told the guy he gave the 4 seeds to (which one of them became Sour Dubb) that it was “never released to the public”. no one really knows for certain but back in the icmag days it seemed to be agreed that it was BOG’s prized Sour Bubble cut crossed to rezdog’s Sour Diesel IBL or one of the precursor lines to the SD IBL.

Just like BOG, Soma has changed his stories over the years as well. He used to tell the story that he was smoking some fire with an NYC rasta friend and that guy gave him a diesel bagseed. Then he crossed it to Shantibaba’s Afghani Hawaiian.

Here’s a time capsule post from Rezdog of all people lmao showing a quote from Soma’s own website in 2006 saying the rasta story.

The whole Mexican-Afghan being Sour Diesel is a EU seedbank made up story to sell seeds.

9 Likes

NYCD is not considered Sour Diesel so who cares. ECSD is considered Sour Diesel.

11 Likes

East Coast Sour Diesel is not Sour Diesel? How do you figure?

Then start a NYC Diesel thread.

Good idea. I don’t know why I didn’t think of that myself. Later.

8 Likes

Gotta catch up from my picture post the other day later tonight but the cut I was running was the “skunktek” which I think it just one of the other cuts renamed. idk. it’s dank when done right and hay mids when not.

7 Likes

Yeah Christopher might add them himself but pretty much anyone can message him/them and get things added. I added all my crosses to seedfinder myself by contacting him.

9 Likes

lol
I’ve heard it’s not even when done right :thinking:

5 Likes

8 Likes

i’ve noticed alotta people especially on IG out there based their opinions on a single multi plant run where they don’t dial the plant in which is required for strains like sour diesel and og kush.
my best run (far from dialed) was great and i can see it’s potential. it’s got the soaring sour d effect, flowers visually looks like sour d, its got the salmon/pink pistils, not citrusy.
i’ve also had a couple veterans of the sour pretty much tell me it was the one, and that’s not even what i personally am saying lol i just think its a good sour but tough to nail. until i can dial it in and grow it as well as some of the best sour i’ve smoked on in NY over the past 25yrs then i can’t say for certain. It’s just a hassle to grow. Headbanger and Sowah from Karma are just as good and much easier to grow. They’re basically the best and most revolutionary seed lines since Dosidos and Stardawg in my opinion.

I can score the cut back but I’ve dropped it for now. She gave me 6 or 7 S1’s over the course of the 5-6 grows of her I did that I’m more interested in checking out first.

11 Likes

yeah makes sense. i wasn’t aware tbh. haven’t used that website in a long time.

5 Likes

ECSD is an offshoot of Sour D, crossed to SNL. It’s not Sour D. It’s actually better for the retailer. The buds were huge and chunky, but had half the flavor Sour D had. But back then NL5 x to anything was considered fire.

1 Like