Space Man's 12 seed grow

Update with pics

Here is tent one after taking the kids out to stretch their legs a bit,

Both groups average about 15" tall minus pots.
Now I’m not planning on topping, I want as many as possible, to get an understanding how far you can take the whole “12 plant limit” practically.
For a super small grower that is.
The side branches will either be donated as clones or into the extract bag.

Tent one,

A little manicure here and there.

Here’s tent two,

Both rooms got a clean up and both trays are elevated by 10" - 12".
New sticky traps in place to monitor fg population.
Also numbered them 1 - 10 with the single seed I sprouted first as 11 and the Afghani Gold in the gallon pot as 12.
I’m getting the feeling she’s a he.
No sex showing on any plant though.

7 Likes

Quick update.
The sex showed on most Tuesday and I guessed at the others.

Totals 6 fem 5 males including Afghani gold and one “Pat” can’t tell what it is.
Culled 2 males that were slightly smaller than the other two.

All square pots upgraded to 1 gal rounds light duty mix with 20% EWC.
Added additional nematodes on all pots with deeper additional granigrit mulch.
This one two punch has me FG free for a week now, I’m liking it!
Also 1/2 tsp mycorrhizal fungi (Rooters) at root level.

Male tent right side w/Afghani Gold at right.
Plants are droopy after Joy soap/rubbing alcohol80%/h2o spray down and complete rinse down.

Female tent

Pat

All plants are well except Afghani which shows some def.
A very twisted thing it is with wider branch sections higher up the plant

6 Likes

Forgot to add, the males are back under 24/0.
I’m calling it the cold shower treatment.
I’ve never tried this before with males, any chance they’ll quit blooming?

1 Like

They will for sure. Id give them 24/0 for 3/4 days to a week and then switch to 20 or 18. Or gradually.
Trial and error has shown this to be best for me.
I skipped the 24/0 on my youngest clone and she still hasnt rooted.

2 Likes

Thanks.
I was hoping that’d be the case, zero chance they’ll hermie?
The Afghan Gold is pretty randy atm, had to clip a few down, …down boy.

2 Likes

FWIW I think the easiest thing is getting a up and established worm bed don’t know how it does it but beneficial mites seem to find there way in some way I have an outdoor two pot sytem even with fruit rinds and wet bedding right in top FG don’t fuck with it! It I see them In indoor pots I top dress with this worm casting compost mix and they are gone in 2 days or <

2 Likes

Not sure if these mites in the soil eat the larve or if they just notice them when trying to set up shop and they go elsewhere in short time!

1 Like

I’m incredibly cramped in my basement furnace room, but as soon as I typed this it became apparent that I could design and build a bin incorporated into a stand to support my tents.
Looks like another thread in the making.

2 Likes

Do it outside in a shady corner somewhere when winter hits move them into a garage I suspend mine up off the floor in the winter on heavy styrofoam boards if it gets damn cold like in the teens I throw a heavy blanket over them pretty hardy little creatures !

2 Likes

Strain dependent. Id just keep that in mind as a general thought.

1 Like

Update
A little over 2 weeks ago I had to leave town suddenly. All TJ’s had just been upgraded to 1 gal pots.
I managed to get back for a short stop over 5 days later to find the females had leaped to the top of the tent!
Now that I think about it, the roots did resemble springs when I re-potted!
Sorry no pics of that, didn’t have my camera.

So I had to do a severe trim.
I overwatered before leaving again and returned 12 days later to find this:

Female’s tent

Male’s tent

After a much needed watering they popped back except one. Afghani Gold needs some restraint.

After 12 days the females(11/13) hardly used much water, whereas the males(24/0) were parched.
I’m not sure if 24/0 has slowed the male flowering much, at least the male I culled(#1) had many spent flowers.

2 Tiger Jack males left, 1 Afghani Gold male, 6 females.

Anyway, I decarbed all of my trim from the last two grows today, I’ll weigh it up tomorrow in prep for a 1st time green dragon run.

More later…

7 Likes

Side jaunt update, cold ethanol extract.

4oz of destemmed trim and larf, males too.

In the freezer overnight I placed:

• Hamilton Beach glass blender
  • 750 ml Everclear
  • 32 oz wide mouth mason jar

SOP, gradually blended using the pulse button all 4 oz into about 730 ml of Everclear, the remaining 20 ml went into a glass with mango/carrot juice, damn good.

I was pretty busy today and forgot to take pics of the process but here is the result,

Back into the freezer for a spell

3 Likes

Quick update on the extraction,
Man what a pain in the buttockskis!
11 hr alcohol evap plus 4 hr scrape time netted 14 cc’s of average+ potency, not the mind stuttering funk I had been hoping for.
Coconut oil and 8 hr slow cooker boil for trim and larf next time, cookies and candies are def the way to go.

3 Likes

12 seed update

Back on July 21, I introduced and paired females 5, 6, 7, and 10 with male 4 and females 8 and 9 with male 3. 25th day of flower.
The Afghani Gold and Pat were tossed, the AG had too many undesirable quirks or mutations for use as a breeder and Pat was Patrick,
Male 3 and 4 are twins and look identical.
Friday the 26th the males were tossed and female 5 was moved to tent 2.
No real good pics at this time.

Tomorrow I’ll take some seed plumped bud shots, they’re sleeping now.

3 Likes

Some not so good bud shots, this is the best of the bunch:

6 plants in all, 1/2 typical stretchy sativa; 1/2 shorter more compact. So it looks like 2 distinct phenos.

In blurple

8 Likes

200W equiv? Could you really use 4 to 6 of those in a 4x4 tent and have enough intensity?
Or maybe just for veg and move on to the HPS or CMH for flower?

How was the final outcome? Get many seeds?

1 Like

Hey Mich,
Sorry, I’ll have to go upthread and check if I wrote down the wrong dimensions, I’ll have to use the standby disclaimer; stoned.

My two tents are 2’w X 2’w X 4’h each.
(edit)And I’m actually only using one of those 200 equivalent/24 watt actual in that tent, the others are a 120 watt ebay FS blurple…

… two 21 watt ebay FS blurples, and 2 15 watt 6500k leds.
All actual wattage.

My other tent is lit by a 50 watt 6500k ledmo flood with a 21 watt ebay blurple sidekick.
It puts out serious lux,

Certainly not tried and true old school but I’m pretty happy with the results I’ve had.
I want to limit at least one tent next grow to a single plant, probably in a 3 gal airpot once the cold weather hits and gnats are gone.
That will be the grow I hope to get some serious yield from.

3 Likes

Hi HaRdRoC,
See here for the tally,

I pollinated the females at 21 days of flower, read somewhere that you get a greater percentage of viable seed with young females but I’ve gotten much better numbers pollinating at 40-50 days flower. Near a 100% germ rate w/5yr seed too. It’s tough for me not to try something new each grow.

First count got me 1440 seeds, later I sifted through them again and probably tossed an additional 200 or so.

6 Likes

Thanks good to know I’ll have to hit my OG’s again then, thanks

1 Like