Spider Farmer SE series Vs Growers Choice ROI

2 se3000s, depending on shape of tent, gives a lot of future versatility. Hell, 3 of em still cheaper than the se7000 and would give total 900watts!

But, depending on shape, one bigger light might give more even spread.

1 Like

i just got off the chat and growers choice said 5 year full replacement, no charge, shipping inlcuded

2 Likes

honestly if i was spending like under $400 id probably be ok with risking a spider farmer buy. Like i do have a sf1000 for mother plants but when it came to spending some big bucks I wanted to deal with someone who really backed up their product.

@TopShelfTrees1 speaks highly of Raylonled. They seem pretty similar to GC when i was looking at them. Much smaller company though based in Quebec.

1 Like

meaning the roi720 im assuming.

1 Like

Yea that puppy wasn’t cheap haha

ya im looking at $600 for the SF SE5000, thats why im hesitating. cuz its a bit more the $300 ive spent on my SE3000
but as @FiveGar pointed out i might be smarter Wattage wise getting a couple more SE3000s instead of spending the $ for the extra 180 watts for the SE5k

3 Likes

and my largest room is longer than wide so it would work

1 Like

Yep depends alot on your space! 2x720’s fills my room perfectly and i want to experiment with co2 so I needed some strong lights.

1 Like

my room would fit the 3k or 5k and i have a CO2 setup but my room isnt sealed enough to use so its crated in the garage (with a HPS setup). waiting to move before i commit to opening that baby again and sealing a room

2 Likes

well still no closer to buying but i think i have ruled out the SE5000. still may get the roi420 or now maybe 2 se3000…
ugh

1 Like

$700 USD for 400 watts… that is not cheap. they must be nice

2 Likes

Or he has a majority stake . . . :joy:

1 Like

yea kind of expensive. The Rayonled 720w is comparable to the GC 720w with the added bonus of UV lighting. I think if i ever want to play around with uv lighting i would just get a couple of these to go with my GC 720w

2 Likes

I only have a hlg scorpion , a sf 1000 and a bunch of sf4000’s but a se5000 in mail but I can say the sf4000 performes better than my scorpion without question. I would expect the se5000 will out performe the sf4000 not that I have any experience with growers choice but I love my sf lights best after almost 35 yrs of growing. admittedly I am sponsored by them but if you know me you would understand I’m unbiased just looking for the good stuff at good prices, & closing thoughts , spectrum is everything ,I have several experiments going on with cuts of alien orange congalease and they are quite clear mixed lighting and fuller spectrum wins the race imo

2 Likes

If you have the time MI Grow youtube does a independent test on all led an shows charts for average cost over ec light an a 3 yrs energy cost vs efficiency vs warranty.
I have 2 scorpion hlg diablos bought last oct when my friends shop recived them so i paid 2200 deliverd so I had no ther choice myself an my very happy always pulling killing heavy runs.

2 Likes

No experience with the SE lines, but I have four Spider Farmer SF2000s in a 5x5. I’m very pleased with the quality of the lights and the plants like them too! I love the versatility of being able to hang them at different heights for plants of different sizes. It’s also nice knowing that if one light dies it won’t plunge my garden into total darkness.

FWIW, my other tent has a Fluence SPYDERx Plus. I never would have dropped that kind of cash myself, but it’s on “permanent loan” from a buddy who stopped growing. It’s a beast of a light!!!

1 Like

ya, i have an se3k and an sf2k and i like them both, no issues and great results. thats kind of another reason i wanted to branch out to see what results i get with other lights and i dont feel like such a fan boy.

1 Like

I use growers choice for cmh lights, so far i love them,no xp with there leds, I ran a spiderfarmer 1000 for two flower grows and it is discolored now.

2 Likes

perfect! i will definitely check them out over the weekend, thanks!

Both really nice lights from what i’ve read! right now im looking for smaller and versatile. 36" and smaller. one day i’ll be able to play with the serious toys!! (hopefully)

i’ve read about the discoloring issue. some kind of yellowing right? some ppl say its discoloring from heat spots and bad wiring and others say it was something about some chemical spray during manufacturing. not good either way…

1 Like