Spider Farmer SE series Vs Growers Choice ROI

Btw that was 25 yrs damn phones suck haha

1 Like

yes yellowish to yellow brown , mine is running in streaks i would guess heat, but its only a guess.

Check ledgrowlightsdepot.com lots of great options right now. And prices seem to be dropping to a point where even I’ll be able to afford them :upside_down_face:. I’d go with whichever has the best warranty and suits your space. Phantom has a 440w led for $560 and if they’re as well made as their hids that’s a no Brainer. I’m still using their old 1000w ballasts and they run great.

2 Likes

another thing, along side the spider farmer i ran (2) dimgogo 1000 same leds ,same driver niether of the dimgogo discolored

To me, the spider farmer seems a little expensive for being an “off brand”. I haven’t heard of “MOSO” brand drivers, so I’d go for the warranty and (probably) meanwell driver of the growers choice.

3 Likes

the 1000 spider farmer does use meanwell surprised they didnt on there more expensive units

1 Like

The SF2000 as well, with Samsung diodes. That was the main reason I spent a few bucks more for SF over the equivalent from Mars Hydro.

2 Likes

Spider Farmer SE series have dimmable, detachable meanwell drivers with samsung diodes and osram reds. Im good with em obviously.

5 Likes

https://www.voltlighting.com/vl1-full-cycle-led-grow-light-120v you might want to give this one a look too. Thinking I might be able to swing 2 of them in an 8x4.

2 Likes

interesting, havent heard of them before and the diodes are good brands, i will have to look to see which ones they are

@FiveGar thats exactly what got me started with SF.
and now the SE5000 is on sale for $550 with shipping and tax on the SF site… ugh

2 Likes

so does the SE3000
for some reason though the SE5000 and SE7000 doesnt.

Weird. It does note the se3000 can only daisey chain with other se3000s but then se5000 and se7000 can daisey chain with each other. Must be because or meanwell driver on the 3k and moso’s on the 5k and 7k. Weird decisions.

2 Likes

ya, hands down growers choice has the better warranty, between their ROI420 and SE5000
and the price per watt is pretty close but the spider farmer is better there.
SE5000 has the better spread on the spectrum

so close i wish i could buy them both and do a hands on comparison.
think i am just gonna flip a coin

1 Like

ive never heard of dimgogo, how did they compare on the grow?

The one led light I use has that driver. I only run it 12/12. I want push cheap lights. Lol. I use hlg :100: for veg and flowering. I want a good light. BP 4000 is the one with that driver. I keep a fan on it. It stays cool. HLG lights will burn my hand sometimes. Those are work horses. I don’t have the big rooms. I looked at one today. I just don’t understand when you use those big lights like that you have to use a climate control.

I pulled the trigger and bought the SF SE5000.
the price drop down to $553 out the door i guess gave me the nudge i needed :-/
final price in the cart with tax put it at only 12$ more than the GC roi-e420.
hopefully nothing goes wrong in year 2-5 when their crappy warranty doesnt cover shipping or repair fees :open_mouth: … Spider Farmer needs to seriously work on that warranty.

thnx for all the input from everyone, lots of great points.
i’ll post up some pics once i get it set up.

random but does anyone have any experience with the PhotonTek X Series lights?
its a pretty sexy looking light but i didnt dive deep into the specs yet. It uses Osram & Lumileds Philips Diodes.

Cheers and Happy Labor Day Weekend!

5 Likes

I came on here to learn more about the Phantom 440w LED, and am astonished this is the only mention of it on these boards. While I currently use some Kingbrite 438w boards, my insurance agent suggested I get lights with actual electrical certifications. And the design of these look nice if I’m running different strains in the tent, and to avoid the hot spots the mites love so much (the middle of the big flat boards was their heaven).

1 Like

Customer service just got back to me with the diode type and count

Ya that’s not too shabby

here is the difference for the samsung diodes:

LM301B
Luminous Efficacy: 220 lm/W
LM301Z
Luminous Efficacy: 201 lm/W

so lm/w % diff is not too bad