Sportsbong! Sports and Cannabis Culture

I have shamelessly started this thread because I’m bummed out about not being able to see my cousin play football in the PAC-12 this year after transferring to the University of Arizona from New Mexico St.
I’m more than willing to wait for football in order to keep people safe no doubt. He was a projected 5th round pick in the last NFL Draft so he has a real shot to get there. That means I could be drunk and stoned in like 15 stadiums next year! There’s going to be carne asada tacos and Modelo all over the parking lot! Whenever it’s safe again, I’m ready for some football.

14 Likes

I believe Bo Jackson is the greatest athlete of the 20th Century.

He did this at 52 yrs old with an artificial hip. 3:49

Just the fastest 40yd dash ever at the NFL combine.
7 Likes

Have you ever seen anyone else get a standing ovation for a foul ball?

4 Likes

If I were drafting my All-Time MLB Team, Junior is first on my list.

4 Likes

I bet you didn’t know Ted Williams was a taco lovin’ beaner. I can say that because I’m a taco lovin’ beaner. :taco::taco::taco::baseball::mexico::us:

4 Likes

I’m glad the big 12 is still playing this year. All about Texas tech. A lot of my family graduated from there. Hopefully your cousin will still have eligibility since the season was cancelled. And if not watching em in the NFL wouldn’t be too shabby either. Save me some asada tacos and beer

6 Likes

and add Nolan ryan to the list. Im a big baseball freak especially college

4 Likes

I think you need to add the “Iron Man” Cal Ripken Jr. Watched him play many years.

3 Likes

He could play middle linebacker

2 Likes

I love the old Bo stories of throwing rocks and killing pigs and jumping over a 30ft creek to get away.

2 Likes

Yes sir. So excited that we have football in the Big12. BOOMER SOONER

3 Likes

Man the dude is an animal… he reminds me of that song from Metallica “ seek and destroy”

2 Likes

I think it is stupid that they are canceling and locking everyone down over a virus that is less deadly than the flu. Its a power grab by world governments to see how much shit we will put up with…oh imo lol

2 Likes

yep he would be on there too!! And I mean if we are talking all time…you have to have Willie mays and hank aaron on there and the list goes on and on and on lol…ty Cobb, lou gehrig

1 Like

I agree my friend. it’s very obvious to me that it was man made. And this lockdown is a power grab.

1 Like

I love the old school players, however not all played on a level playing field. Willie Mays I would agree with. I am old enough to have watched Hank Aaron. His defensive skills was not the same level as the guys we have mentioned so far in my opinion.

4 Likes

yeah i could agree with that to a point. I mean the guys a hall of famer. They do t just hand those out to anyone. But yeah there are much much better

He definitely belongs in the HOF, he was a phenomenal power hitter. I still feel he is the home run king to me. However, I also saw some of the pitchers he faced back then too. Not sure some of them would make some minor league squads now.

I just feel if you are talking all MLB forever, hard to include him.

1 Like

Yeah you’re right!! Inwas actually going to make a similar point about several of the old school players…athletes are just a different animal nowadays

Here is a question to ponder. Who would you take? Hank Aaron or Rod Carew?

2 Likes