Sportsbong! Sports and Cannabis Culture

Well that’s kind of a loaded question. Hank aaron of course has the edge with home runs and rbis obviously while carew imo edges him on defense plus being able to swing the sticks. I would take carew because of the all around aspect

2 Likes

I agree. He set the table for others, and also still produced runs. He stole home 7 times in one season.

Could only imagine if he had been on a better team.

1 Like

Exactly!! And that’s not to take anything away from hank aaron but if im being honest as great as he was the brutal truth is he was a one trick pony…and again all do respect to the man but it is what it is

2 Likes

Since everyone asked, “Solo, who’s your starting pitcher?”

2 Likes

Love Ryan and Rose. Two of my all timers. You may have seen it but here’s a link to an interview with the two of them. It’s broken into several segments. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jKoc6bLiLAo

1 Like

How about a guy named Jim Palmer? I think he could be in that conversation easy.

2 Likes

I have to pay respects to my uncle Chuck Esquivel. He was a beautiful person who touched the lives of the people who surrounded him with love and compassion. He loved to party down in Rocky Point, Sonora Mexico with family every chance he got too. I miss you Tió Chuckie. We’re going to the NFL for you!!!

2 Likes

My favorite boxer of all time.

1 Like

Bo was an animal. Unstoppable rb. Power hitter. He would break bats over his thigh like it was a twig. Neon dion sanders was an athlete too man. Those guys were special

2 Likes

I was only 4 years old, but I remember watching this World Series with my Mom. She is an awesome sports fan who really gets into the game. I played a lot of baseball and I told her that I play better when she makes enchiladas, so she would make them for big games. I just like her enchiladas.

3 Likes

RIP Coach John Thompson. This game happened on my 10th birthday and I have been a fan of the Georgetown Hoyas ever since. They were upset in the final by Villanova and my Dad took $10 off me because he always calls the biggest upsets in history and loves taking money off his kids & grandchildren in a bet.

4 Likes

NBA court dimensions don’t make any sense anymore. They extended the three point line out, but they didn’t expand the width of the court. This leaves a ridiculous strip that results in extra turnovers because players step out of bounds while trying to get behind the 3pt.line. Since everyone is playing 3Ball style, that strip is gold because it’s actually a closer shot. Keep the 3 line where it is and expand the court in that area to create more offense and less turnovers. It clears up space for the fast break too. The players are just too big, fast and accurate and the court needs to be spread out. That will create more 1on1 matchups where players can attack the rim and maybe the center/shotblocker will become valuable again? Sorry, but I hate that strip. Look at the court right now. There’s nobody court side to get in the god damned way! Just keep the people back. I’m telling it right now, they had to put up more netting in baseball parks to protect fans. They need to keep people, especially kids off the basketball court.
P.S. My Detroit Pistons are not in it, so I’m cheering for the Sun Devil James Harden & the :rocket: :rocket: Rockets tonight Game 7!

2 Likes

I used to get sick before a game and it’s all psychological, but you can’t stop it from happening. At least he didn’t shit his pants huh?

The hero of my childhood. Loved going to the king dome during batting practice. You could hear the ones that would make it over the fence.

1 Like

Check out skate legend Fred Gall with the ganja growing in his backyard.

1 Like

I grew up with those guys as well. My favorite player has always been Clemente. Been a while now.

2 Likes

So just go go fast and kill yo self!
3 Likes

Now we’re talking! Guy Martin is one of my favorites but no more TT for him. I still watch just about every moto race I can.

3 Likes

Bo knows golf!?

I’ll plug my favorite short stop. 11 time gold glove winner Omar Vizquel. Watching him field was a thing of beauty. Such command and precision.

3 Likes

Omar Vizquel was a defensive magician! He could do this thing while playing catch where he could ricochet the incoming throw off the heel of the glove into his right hand down by his waist. He could also do that with the back of his glove! He would turn 2 off the back of his glove so fast you didn’t notice it live. He could also take any grounder he squared up on and let it roll up and out of the glove so it would pop up and he could grab it out of the air at about shoulder level right in stride to first base. It’s funny how baseball players don’t show off their “trick shots” more, but people who throw 95mph don’t like show offs, I guess.

This is the only video I could find of him doing the heel pop thing and he’s actually kind of hiding it. Amazing!
4 Likes