Spot the Rot - where's Waldo it's not

We are surely blessed here… sorry to hear that guys.

2 Likes

After my first debacle I have been proactive and, though I lose a bud here or there I appear to be staying ahead of it.

Hi guys, can anyone pls advise on rot issues? I’d like to be more proactive with the dreaded rot…

1 Like

Inside or outside mate?

1 Like

I started a tips on growing in a wet humid climate thread. Perhaps you could contribute? ( if you spot rot from 20 feet I’m guessing you can lol) Just found this thread. Going thru it now.

1 Like

See newest post in this thread. Just above. Please join us

1 Like

From my LAST grow outdoors, never more … :sweat:

4 Likes

I think that ones too easy to spot

1 Like

Its mainly on the outside at first, then spreads and desicates the bud if left , I need new glasses!

outside in supersoil…went thru nipping what I can see,is it safe to use that stuff with small bits if rot? Soak in water for a few days I was told…

I wound up keeping it around for six months because it was amusing. Never seriously considered smoking it except when I was too high to trust my own judgement. Threw it in the trash. I have too much weed.

2 Likes

Personally I wouldn’t be smoking any mouldy bits. I pick off the mould and it goes into the bushes. Maybe I’m just worried about my lungs.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info guys, yeah I’m gonna chuck out any obvious mold sections and see about saving any bits without the rot. Cheers for tips!

2 Likes

Is this bud rot?

2 Likes

Zoom in to

2 Likes

Sorry, I would say bothritis… :pensive:

2 Likes

I think George is right, sure looks like its botritis. I see a bunch of spots where you have Dead Leaves hanging and I would check where those leaf stems meet the main stalk too.

1 Like

Thanks for all the help. Would it be safe to still harvest if the buds aren’t bad?

It is possible to smoke unaffected buds but you may want to break them open and look inside as botritus can be sneaky.

You’ll want to get ALL the infected buds out of your grow area. Be careful, as disturbing them spreads spore.