Sprinklememaynee's Silly Grow Adventures

Good Evening everyone!

It appears the baby has made it through the 2 month developmental leap, so things have settled into a little bit more of a routine. I was able to spend a little bit more time with the plants, and wanted to provide an update.

The Purple Kush has really been thriving lately. I added some EWC when I transplanted, and have been supplementing with Remo’s Grow and Micro with each watering (1000ml every second day).
The topping has worked, and the plant rebounded quickly. Excited for this one.

The 1st Root Beer Rum Cake is also thriving @NugLifeFarms420. I also have been supplementing with Remo’s Micro and Grow. Interesting to see the stretch on this one out of the gate. It is cool that with minimal differences, seeing the different heights of these plants is fascinating.

The DBHP from @bigmike55 is colossal! The size of the leaves is super cool to see.

The 1st Dancehall is also really coming along. Very stoked to try it out, and happy with how it has been growing and has taken off since I started the Remo Micro and Grow.

The second RBRC from @NugLifeFarms420 has also done well since transplant. As I was trying to dial in the RH and temp in the tent, it was stunted, but has really rebounded since I have been able to stabilize RH and temp.

The same can be said for the second dancehall, suffered a little bit off the jump, but well on its way.

Tonight I also moved the remaining two plants in cups to 1 gallon pots. I moved a GDP and a Sebrings Revenge x Lavender Frosting.

Edit: There is also a pre-98 bubba in there that I will take pictures of next time that I got from @JohnnyPotseed and his wonderful auction.

Going to probably keep them in veg another week or so and then flip the switch and see what happens. Really excited to try and roll with this many plants in my 4x4. I have been very much endeared after reading Bonanza of Green that was graciously shared by @DougDawson (i believe), I found myself really able to take in the information because of the wonderful syntax of BOG. I am also inspired to get my own BOG going soon, and have grand plans to try everything that was imparted in the book!

Thanks for tuning in!

3 Likes

Wondering if anyone can help calm my inquisitive mind. I have been trying to glean as to the sex of some of my plants, and was hoping someone more experienced may be able to offer some insight. I tried to take pictures, but if they are not good enough, I am able to take many more

The Purple Kush

Dancehall

The DBHP

4 Likes

Looks like it’s still too early to tell! Great pics

2 Likes

Thanks!
I figured, but I had this nagging feeling that I wanted to know right now, I think I will probably flip to flower after the next feeding and hope for the best.

1 Like

I think I am going to keep trying to build off the momentum of regular posts. I flipped the tent to flower yesterday, and gave each of the plants a haircut.

The Purple Kush

When I went to give the DBHP a haircut, I was amazed by the red sap that was coming out of each of the fan leaves I removed. Truly never seen anything quite like it before, really cool!

The Dancehall also got a haircut, it is starting to get a real nice stink to it!

I am excited to take these into flower, and sex them. Hoping to get some females out of the bunch, although I have a hunch that maybe the PK is male, nothing really to base it on.

4 Likes

That bleeds red is a sign of good potency and a more on the rare side trait many breeders have tried to incorporate, I for one would enjoy seeing that trait appear in my garden, next one that fascinates me is the Pinkman’s goo that forms resin droplets similar to sap on a tree

1 Like

Thanks for that info! Really excited to see this one into flower.

1 Like

I got my cookies and cup of punch for the show :slight_smile:

1 Like

So I am now running to the end of Day 3 flower. The plants have really responded well to the switch, and I have added some EWC to get them into tip top shape.

Some of them are showing some confirmed sex, but a couple are being slightly ambiguous. I have attached pics, and if anyone has a guess or some insight fire away. It may be still early, but who knows.

Purple Kush, jury is out on this one, I am thinking male, but may be projecting lololol. It is far lankier than any other plant, but its a mix in there of all kinds of genetics.

Dancehall 1. I am thinking female, but may be wrong.

DBHP, also jury out

5 Likes

A little update since flower, we are now on day 6 flowering and I have done a little bit of housekeeping and reorganization. The acquisition of the humidifier with a big footprint, makes it a little bit more like tetris figuring out how to how to place everything to maximize light penetration. There has been considerable stretch for some of the plants, and the others are short and squat.

Still waiting to make a call on whether they are m or f, but am impatiently waiting and documenting

Purple Kush

Dancehall F2 1

The Second Dancehall F2 (this one really stunted through veg)

The DBHP

GDP

3 Likes

I may have found some males today, so until I have some concrete proof, I have quarantined them away. Unfortunately at this point, I do not have the ability to keep males, so am waiting until I have full confirmation before I dispatch them.

Anyone have any insight into whether or not these are nanners.

Dancehall F2

DBHP

2 Likes

No question bud

its-a-boy-happy-dance

1 Like

Thanks, deep down I knew it but really didnt want it to be true! Oh well, 2 of 12 males are pretty good in terms of rations.

1 Like

That’s not bad at all if they were all regs. I’ve learned how to pick m/f from the shape of the seeds with 80-85 success rate chasing females, obviously nothing is full proof and those sneaky males always find a way to slip through but has def helped on saving time and resources :slight_smile:

1 Like

No way! I would love to know the criteria you use if you have any more info on that. I have predominantly reg seeds, and limited space for the time being, so knowing how to have more insight into chasing females would be worth its weight in gold to me :slight_smile:

So they claim 100% success, I won’t go and try to boast that and realistically like I said its not perfect but better than throwing beans blind, but last year I threw 32 seeds twice in the year, first round was 4 males, second round was 3 and a gnarly la confidential herm

sexingseeds

Ur pretty much just looking for that perfect crater on the bottom of the seed

2 Likes

Perfect!
I saved this and will try it when I pop some more. Thank you so much for this info!

1 Like

No problem! Anything that helps us accomplish the garden we WANT

1 Like

Okay, I am a tiny bit puzzled, I know that this Dancehall is male, but the Purple Kush may have hermed. I am not sure if those are nanners. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dancehall F2

Purple Kush

4 Likes

Take this with a grain of salt since I have never personally dealt with intersex plants but I don’t see any balls there? Hopefully I’m right :crossed_fingers:

1 Like