SquirtleSquads adventures in DWC

I was a bit shy to go hard on the megacrop myself which led to yellowing , of course for me it was easier just to go back to what I’m used to , dynagro stuff only.
I’m running a flood table at 1.2 EC megacrop with some 303 stuff like 3 weeks from seed. They’re doing great now. Not sure I can get used to dry nutrients though, its hard to avoid catching a few whiffs when using them.

3 Likes

Thanks bud. I just wear a dust mask when handling. The MC is a lot worse than the Jack’s

2 Likes

Sorry about your grandpas passing. I’m really enjoying your grow and the pushing for perfection. They look really good in my book I want to run dwc in the future and also curious on the megacrop so paying attention :nerd_face:.

3 Likes

Lol shit…I wanted to ask you about the closet curtain/zipper. Is that a homemade unit? I’d like to veg in a small closet and yours is looking like a good solution.

2 Likes

Forgot where I got it. Might have been home Depot. Came in a two pack for like $20.

The fabric the zipper attaches to is not light proof. But the closet is in another room so it doesn’t bother me. I think if you tape the fabric it could be more light proof

4 Likes

Fucking thrips again. I knew I should have sprayed before flipping.

Not sure how these fuckers keep getting in.

Been neglecting the room so I doubt I brought them in.

Never had bug problems and now 2nd grow in a row. This perpetual life is rough.

I need to shut everything down for a few weeks and start from 0.

3 Likes

Garden is getting a heavy dose of LITFA lately. I’m hoping I feel better soon so I can spray the thrips and clean up my flower room. Chopped the autos a few days ago so nothing going on in the flower room. Will switch the new stuff to the flower room into 5gal buckets and spray them as well for good measure

3 Likes

I wish they made litfa for all things in life.

3 Likes

About as close as I can get battling this plague. Defoliated a bit just now, but this sickness has me wiped in short business.

Buds look bigger than they did under the LEDs. Will probably pull more gpw.

When I get the energy I’mma hang some LEDs over this where the CMH aren’t filling in. 4ft wide scrog is about 5ft wide. Too big for the 315w

7 Likes

Finally was able to put in a little work last night. Emptied out the flower room rdwc system. Emptied the multi site dwc I had the autos in. Going to try pool shock as a disinfectant.

I haven’t seen any signs of thrips since I removed the affected growth. Perhaps I got lucky this time? I don’t know but this was a week ago. Surely I’d notice more signs. Either way im not spraying. I lost a lot of yield last grow removing a lot of growth at week 4. I’m in a position to shut the grow down for a few weeks after I harvest if needed to eradicate.

Today I do a res change on the rdwc that’s growing plants and move the seeds I’ve been neglecting into their own dwc buckets.

I’ll clean the inactive rdwc at a later point.

10 Likes

I guess false alarm on the thrips. Haven’t seen any leaf damage or signs of them. Which is weird. But it’s been 3 weeks.

LITFA is working wonders. But I may have went overboard and neglected a res change for a few weeks too long cause I had to remove a lot of prematurely yellow leaves and one random dead plant?? Weird. Not sure how that happened the roots we’re fairly healthy.

Good thing I got 11 more lol. Will never run 12 plants in a 6 site again. Way too much growth competing.

This batch looks to be a 2# as well. From only 630w though. I’ll incorporate these CMH into my flower LED lights somehow. I really dig where LED is heading and where it has come so far but CMH results cannot be shadowed.

Plants have just entered day 38 from flip and buds are considerably bigger.

Did a res change last night and sitting at 580ppm @ 5.6 this morning after bringing down from a high of 6.2

5 Likes

Nice garden.

CO2 is a funny thing, but it’s just another input that’s required for optimal results… think of it like any other input. It’s most useful in veg, and tapers off throughout flower (kind of like nutrient requirements dropping off) Without supplementation or proper air exchange, the healthier the garden gets, the more starved of CO2 your plants will become.

For weed, there’s not much reason to go higher than 800ppms, except to fight a spider mite infection. 2000ppms can apparently slow and suffocate a bug infection.

Burners can work great, but they can fill the growroom with byproduct gasses that will need to be vented sometimes, and add heat and humidity.

Exhale XL bags seem popular, but I just can’t see a 9 lb bag creating more than 9 lbs of CO2. Not being able to control the amount outputted is sort of annoying. These solutions are good on the small scale, not so much when you’ve got a room. This goes for any of the bottles/pucks/volcano science fair projects on the market.

According to their catalogue, my local grow shop (part of a chain) still fills 20 lb CO2 tanks for 40 bucks. That’s the route I’ll take.

5 Likes

I was thinking of a burner for winter but not too keen on having a propane tank in my house. Cause you know. Explosions lol

Thank you. It’s a work in progress. 8 years running lol

4 Likes

Been a while since I updated. Still growing. Near chop time on the second batch of critical hog. Look a little better and bigger under the CMH. No hermies this time.

I’ve done two res changes this whole flower part of the grow and about a half dozen pH adjustments. Heavy dose of LITFA.

Been super busy with work and I feel bad for the strawberry glue because those haven’t been looked at in a month or so. Afraid of how they will look lol.

I need to nurse them back to health for a few weeks then flip them. That’s if they didn’t run out of water and die in that time. Too much LITFA I was applied to those poor souls. I’ll be shocked if they are alive.

I never ended up spraying for thrips and they just went away. So either the damage I saw was leftover and I never had thrips or the branches I took off they we’re isolated on and I caught it early cause no signs of them or more damage. Glad I didn’t spray

3 Likes

Going to Colorado in 6 weeks for vacation and then for work training. So I’ll be there for two weeks. Excited. Going to see a band I like at Red Rocks and gonna do some kayaking and hiking. Sucks Yellowstone won’t be open fully late April/ early May so I will be exploring southern Colorado.

5 Likes

Weather should be pretty nice by then. You have any destinations in mind your exploration?

1 Like

We are landing in DIA and staying the night then going south and along the border then West and back North and back east to Denver.

I wanna do Mesa Verde. Black canyon. Find some calm kayaking rivers with good views would be nice. Emerald lake, hanging lake, some lower parts of Rocky mountain NP, Durango, breweries, gonna visit @Dbkick one of those days. Been chatting with him for like 7 years now.

2 Likes

Some harvest pictures. Just big leafed for now. Definitely 1.5gpw+ filled up 3 10ft strings lol. I need to put some poly up over the window so it’s darker in there.

Not bad for 2 315w CMH. Also not bad considering this batch just got forgotten. Couple res changes and a couple top offs and not that many pH corrections. So they looked very hungry towards the end with the pH out of range.

10 Likes

The autos I ran from reiko retained so much smell but don’t burn right. They were the tiniest buds dried over two weeks.

I wanna do the same for these but I’m worried that’s why they don’t burn right. They too got neglected and were hungry so that could have been a variable.

I’m gonna do an experiment and dry some buds in 5 days. 10 days and 14 days.

See how they smell and smoke. I have definitely noticed buds not burning right in relation to how much neglect with pH they got. So if 5, 10 and 14 day dry all turn up combusting awful then I can deduce its from pH neglect. If only 14 day dry combusts bad then I can deduce it’s from too much moisture left/incomplete dry. Sort of how wet wood doesn’t burn right.

The batch of this strain before had an auto pH doser so it was always in range, but I wet trimmed so they dried in 5 days and lost most of their smell but they burned awesome. Fully combusted to a nice light grey ash.

2 Likes

Look at that huge orb in the photo! Do you have ghosts? If you do they’re high af .

1 Like