SquirtleSquads adventures in DWC

I think it was something to do with the door and the cameras flash. I had to take it from outside the room in order to capture most of the buds.

Lotta 12oz coke can buds. Nothing bigger than that. But so dense.

Taking a short break until I return from CO. I don’t NEED to buy strains out there, but I want to lol.

I think im going to run some FDM seeds I bought. Though I should move in old inventory.

2 Likes

Wow. Sounds like quite a tour! Mesa Verde is awesome! Some places on your way that might be worth visiting. Creed is a small town with really cool abandoned mining loop you can probably access with a rental car. Ouray is a really cool mountain town surrounded by jagged peaks surrounded by all kinds of cool stuff. Lots of Hot springs around too!

Make sure you get to hanging lake early, it has a small parking lot that fills up quick. I don’t run a lot of rivers but I think the Colorado has some pretty tame stretches like from State bridge to Glenwood canyon. Don’t know though, Water will be raging by then, especially this year.

Sounds like you’ve got a fun trip. I hate to offer unsolicited advice but I love this state and am a little jealous!

1 Like

One hell of a journal!

How’s the pH controller treating you? Not in my budget just yet, but it’s definitely going to be the #1 item for Christmas.

Hanging rock actually changed so you have to shuttle in and pay for a permit now as a means of reducing foot traffic I was reading. This is new to this year.

No worries I’m open to suggestions

1 Like

I was truthfully a little let down I thought I could set a range top end and a low end. But if you set it to 5.8 as soon as it hits 5.8 it goes down. You can tweak it by setting your pump cycle time as much as it takes to dispense a set amount which usually brings it to a value you desire.

I was hoping for at 6.1 it dispenses constantly until 5.6 is reached and to be able to customize that range.

You can build cheaper with an Arduino if you know how to use it.

What I usually do is set it at 5.6 and toggle monitor/control.

I’ll set it monitor after it hits 5.6 and check on it until it reaches 6.1 and switch to control so it drops to 5.6 and then switch back to monitor. Not so bad it takes a week with my res size to make that swing g and it prevents me from standing near the res and waiting and dropping more adjusters and letting it mix and dropping more.

4 Likes

That would be even better if it could set a lower/high end. Damn make me even lazier! Dump on your mix and walk away! I’m only 3 months into growing and doing a terrible job, so looking for ways to make my grows better lol. I’m one lazy bastard.

I’m saving a few bucks for a convention being held near me, hoping to see a bunch of toys I can buy that will make my life easier. Maybe they will have some other options, cause that’s one pricey toy.

I also plan on running DWC one day, for now I want to get coco just right so hopefully ill learn a few things for when im ready!

2 Likes

Back at it. Had stopped for a bit due to leaving on vacation and then got lazy. But the jars are running low so I must return so I started some seeds a month or so ago.

Couldn’t be during a worse time to grow RDWC so this will be fun. Humidity and temp have been like 90F/90%

I tried without a chiller for a week, but water temps were 80F and I noticed some root rot forming so I plugged the chiller in. I swear it ran all night.

Will install AC tonight to hopefully reduce the loads on the chiller with cooler ambient temps.

3 Likes

Nice work. Same totes I use lol. Thinking about going to rdwc because my tent gets so crowded it’s hard to get to the res to check ph and tds. One question, where do you get the sticky traps? Got what looks to be thrip damage and started spraying but want to add some traps to tell when they are gone

Just at my local hydro store. I thought I saw thrip damage again on a branch. Looked isolated so I took off the branch and nothing happened after. Either it wasn’t thrip damage or I got lucky.

Left to right front is Darkstar kush (didn’t forget to take clones this time). And back is Chicle both from TH Seeds.

Believe it or not the left most Darkstar kush was completely limp from a popped air hose so there was no splash to the medium. Coming back strong and bushy as a result.

Need to get the screens up some time soon.

6 Likes

What are they called? Any specific colors?

Just sticky traps. Blue and yellow are both good. Try em both.

Seabright Laboratories makes them

1 Like

Thank you, that’s exactly what i needed a link to the right stuff lol

Dealing with a ton of stretching. Last grow had stretching as well. I figured that was due to too many plant sites in a small area.

One of the strains I’m growing I’ve done a couple other times and no stretch really so I’mma have to figure why I’m getting it bad now. I’m talking a foot vertical gain in 3-4days. My guess is temperatures. We just had a heat wave of 110F and my AC has been struggling to keep temps around 78F.

Lot of spacing between nodes. Sucks. This grow is going to be a bitch in terms of supporting these branches. I need to cut some tops that are already touching the lights. Crap yields I forecast with a lot of tying up. Picking up a couple trellis today.

Brought them into flower as 12-16inch plants and they are 5ft already just entering week 3 this weekend.

1 Like

Just had to do some bending. Done ran out of room. I think they have finally stopped stretching. Good bud structure so far.

Front 3 are dark star kush and back 3 are chicle.

Canopy filled in nicely all things considered.

11 Likes

Got in there last night and thinned them out a bit. Really impressed with the frost and bud size of Chicle. Bud size mirrors that of Dark Star Kush except way more frosty.

I would have made clones but I have too many seeds already and I want to buy more but won’t let myself until I go through some stock.

Changed the res to a mid flower nutrient profile with added MKP and K2SO4

2 Likes

Starting to fatten up. Managed to get another 8-10 inches between the lights and plants so that should eliminate any foxtailing later in flower. Look a bit hungry. Currently at 1.2EC feed at 6.1pH. pH rose and feed dropped a bit so will monitor, but better than dropping. Was way too early in flower to have pH drop. Res change was definitely needed. Too much LITFA this grow

8 Likes

That second pic showing all the frost on the fan leaves ,excellent grow you’ve got happening ! Looks like your in for some tasty herb in the near future.

1 Like

Bulking up. EC is at 1.1-1.15 range. Dropped a little since res change

14 Likes

Nice setup bro mine is very similar although I run 4 27gal …I see you do waterfall and your running airstones too with the g.h pumps as I have one of them for my reserivor…
Also I see you do not have a top off reservoir for your setup
.are you planning on doing so or just going to fill every other day or so…as the plants do like to have a constant level…
Do you ever have clogging issues with your lines and your roots as well? As I run pvc 3inch for bloom and 2in veg

1 Like