SquirtleSquads adventures in DWC

Chopped today. Looking and smelling good

14 Likes

Nice haul dude!! Good lookin buds :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you. Got the room set to 55% at 68F. Hopefully they dry slow enough given the 30% RH weā€™ve been having

Today I transfer seeds to the multi site dwc. They are slow going. Should pick up growth once they get into the dwc. Definitely were in the seedling tray for way too long.

2 Likes

Nice colors in those buds, nice work! Iā€™m 2 weeks out from chop chop

1 Like

I think that the bottom ones are less mature perhaps for light penetration ?
I am not sure if outdoors it is the same, but when I have patience / time sometimes I leave the bottom buds more time to mature after the first shop (did it at the Violeta/Critical/Haze/Fruit grow with nice results.

4 Likes

Will just chuck em once the autos are done if they arenā€™t ready. Not going to waste light trying to finish out 5g of buds lol.

2 Likes

hahaha yeah ! The ammount of unfinished buds is important !!! In my case. had almost one entire level of growth underdeveloped, as everything was too crowded and little to no removal of undesireable bud sites !!!

1 Like

i have noticed bud that does not receive light mature slower. i know one guy who chops and trims the top half and comes back 4 or 5 days later and finishes to plant.

fuck that, i dont have time to spend a fricken week in trim jail - i got a life.

4 Likes

I had a couple friends help. Banged that out in 5 hours.

GF would have made it 4 hours or less but I couldnā€™t find the 4th pair of scissors. Of course I find them the next day

5 Likes

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: of course you had to find it the next day. Buds are looking really amazing. Keep growing :slight_smile: !!

2 Likes

Thank you. Next round just started showing preflowers. I feel Iā€™mma need a second screen on these big bitches.

My seeds have taken a back seat. I finally transferred them over to DWC last night. They had some huge roots growing in the seed/clone tray. Lost a lot of it trying to pull them out. Definitely were in there a week or more too long. They are also showing nute deficiencies so I will have to up the feed.

I will get back into things. Been busy with work and visiting my grandpa who is on his way out and growing has taken a back seat to all that.

4 Likes

Humidifier ran out at some point last night. Buds were very crispy so I had to do an emergency bucketing at 8AM this morning.

Glad I got my food safe bucket last night and gamma lid a week ago. 5gal bucket filled with the 5 critical hogs. Not sure what that equates to weight. Will know soon enough.

Iā€™m sure they will sweat out cause they still had some moisture yesterday when I checked them around 6PM.

Now itā€™s off to work. 3hrs late. My grandpa passed last night at 78 years old. Not sure how Iā€™m going to get through today.

2 Likes

Real sorry to hear that. I wish you and your family the best.

2 Likes

Thank you very much man. I feel for my poor mother. She got divorced, lost her house, her new boyfriend died a few months ago and now her father.

So Iā€™m back at it in the basement. My once burnt seedlings are now pale green. An increase in feed was needed. Currently at 0.6EC Megacrop. But 0.2EC of that is my tap. Itā€™s weird cause it said 4g/gal gives 1.2EC so I thought 2g/gal would do 0.6 but it came out as only 0.4

3 Likes

Thats because the EC they list is a calculated number - not measured. They add up all the ingredients they put in MC, then do the math to figure out what the EC ā€˜should beā€™ based on what was put in. The differences between what it should be and what it is are likely due to meter variations, and how your local tap water reacts with MC, plus anything else you are adding.

Ive found their numbers agree with my EC meter better at higher concentrations.

3 Likes

I feel like itā€™s due to the chunk nature and making a stock concentrate would bring numbers closer to advertised

2 Likes

Ive wondered about that too. They say not, but when youā€™re only scooping out a few grams at a time, it seems to me it could get unbalanced.

Are you going to pre-mix a highly concentrated batch to top off the rez with? That is one option they suggested for some that got wet or damp from open containers.

2 Likes

I had asked them on RIU and they skirted around my question.

It stands to reason with all the different ingredients that it would be different.

I know that with the Jackā€™s mix plants didnā€™t look quite right mixing grams of it at a time.

I only got a sample of the megacrop and was nearing the end of my cycles so didnā€™t want to mix up a big batch for it to go bad

2 Likes

Reading 54 and 55%

5 Likes

Sorry to hear of your loss first.

3 Likes