Steampunk Water Culture

Its enjoyable to see these new seedlings of yours coming into their own shape and form. Maturing. Expressing themselves. Is the slow starting Chemdog Temple Flo still around for science? It’s not uncommon in the DJ Blueberry stuff to see some of these slow starting types but I think yours is the first I’ve seen where someone is running a hydroponic style system and can more easily see the root development and progression. Stoked you’re enjoying some of the basil already as a culinary treat! That’s so great. Many blessings and much love

3 Likes

heh heh, you know it. The mutie is still around and kickin’. I transferred the seedling to living soil in the citrus grove. It’s growing a single leaf! I was curious after hearing all the rumors.

2 Likes

Gonna have to try some basil flowers this year instead of pitching them. I love fresh basil and grow it every year but have never thought of eating the flowers though. Apparently it’s considered a delicacy in India and in some parts of Canada hehe.

2 Likes

New CDTF isn’t a mutie. IT’s growing like normal!

4 Likes

Whew. That’s good news for sure. Don’t want to be that guy giving away mutant seeds. I was looking at the photos of the 2 last night and thought the second one was more normal looking but was hard to tell. Be a girl damn it.

3 Likes

I tend to root for the underdog and like the idea of stuff being worth the wait. Mutants, finding something unique and rare. The mystique and allure. That said, these slow starters seem to be part of the Blue types in some of DJ’s work. A buddy had a Vanilluna back in the day that was a slow starter and stayed tiny like a goofed up seedling for a month or two. Then all of a sudden it gained some traction and grew vigorously! It was very good medicine and a favorite.

There is a fairly recent thread someone posted here about a funny looking seedling, which is also a Blue type. Flo of some sort of I’m not mistaken. Here’s a link to the thread:

It’s not showing the exact same growth characteristics as yours but someone’s comment touched on something that is quite fascinating. @SulfurKingWeedTodd mentioned faulty Molybdenum channels. An enjoyable rabbit hole for me to delve into. A lot of the slow starting green types seem to show a sort of mutated look that seems to almost be expressing whiptail leaf morphology. I wonder how accurate that is or if it’s just my imagination. Many blessings and much love

2 Likes

Chemdog Temple flo! Definitely doing what a normal plant does. Roots are branching and the leaves are growing. All it needs, is a little splash of nutrient before it gets bagged.

5 Likes

A “normal” seedling aka tirah valley hashplant.

6 Likes

OGK bulking and the rest of the bloom room. I’m going to be replacing all hardware with LED very very soon. There is still a working HPS, but I’ll mothball it for emergency purposes.

9 Likes

hah hah the rotors on my car broke a chip off the brakes. Momma mia! Wondered what the noise was.

2 Likes

I was a tech at a dealership for 15 years. Don’t miss wrenching one single bit.
That ogk sure is looking good. It looks very similar to the chemdog I grow and mom to the seeds I sent to you. Not sure if making seeds is your thing. But If the seedling is male it would probably make a nice stash for later use. I believe ogk has chemdog in it or vice versa .

5 Likes

Lovely work Joe the OGK is looking great :eyes:…it’s 30’ Celsius here today the water those roots are chilling in looks fresh and cold enough for a swim!!

2 Likes

Chemdog TF! I think I’m going to juice her and the rest of the seedlings up.

5 Likes

I’ve never had a seedling stretch out and fall over in hydro.

Christ on a cracker, that FATF plant is out of control!

4 Likes

2 harvests later…

Basil is a strange plant. Look how it starts growing a node where I ripped off the leaf. Reminds me of a tomato plant.

oohhh but look the root crust is more like a pepper plant. Dark black root crust.

6 Likes

mmm I got the parts and ripped all this rusty shit off. I used a sledge hammer. There was a chunk of brake pad slowly grinding away the rotor, and the pad on the back side was just a piece of metal. Explains the noise :wink:

2 Likes

Oh that car episode is over. I replaced both rotors and brakes. Scrubbed the shit off the clips they were shiny again. Drivers side brakes were shot but the rotor wasn’t rusted out. Replaced it anyways on advice from the parts lady.

3 Likes

Boy that sure is rusty. Do they use salt where you are? Here in Michigan they do and makes everything rust up so bad makes it miserable getting things apart sometimes. She gave you the right advice and hopefully you lubed the clips and caliper slide bolts. That makes a big difference in longevity of the repair.

3 Likes

Oh shit, I didn’t think that was a requirement. Buddy kept rubbing copper grease on everything in the demo to prevent rust bead. The passenger rotor was the worst, but both brakes were history.

2 Likes

The caliper needs to slide freely on those pins or they won’t release properly causing them to wear faster. When one side wears faster than the other or one pad (usually the inside one) wears quicker, that is usually the problem. Either way you fixed them and now you can travel without worries and get back to more important things like gardening♥️

3 Likes