Steampunk Water Culture

I had to start winterizing last week it’s getting cold up here :cold_face:c :canada:

One thing im not sure about yet is how cold my 5 gal buckets will get sitting on a cement floor over the winter. May need to raise them up yet!

5 Likes

Yah, I’ve had the water temps down to 16C in the peak of cold season. I find the cement helps regulate temps by absorbing a bit of warmth from the ground in winter and coolness in summer. If I close the door to the veg room it warms up in there a few degrees.

ok! The big bud is only putting out 3 leafers right now. Probably need another week before I clone it.

5 Likes

Here’s the meat breath, high off it’s ass on conductivity! They get a strange “look” to them when the EC runs out, that’s for sure.

8 Likes

Here’s a photo of the bloom room. Still a few plant remnants left I should try and clean up today.

8 Likes

Which strain is it that has those dark leaves in the bloom room?

1 Like

The dark ones are the meat breath and the green one with taller colas is FLC-BX1. I’ll get a photo of the dried up meat breath buds. They are lookin’ fiiiiiine!

My great great grandma wants a hit offa that.

15 Likes

Things are progressing! I’ve almost got enough ice to make another hash batch…yay! I’m going into rosin production mode now, as there is still a large batch of freeze dried hash in the freezer.

11 Likes

I had to go and prop up a bunch of branches on the meat breath and FLC-BX1. Crazy plants got all floppy with bud growth I suppose.

8 Likes

fuck me… more of the same! Plants are growing! I might even plant a couple more today.

13 Likes

here I got some different perspective photos, so you can see more or different things in the room?
I have a feeling I’m going to just have to clone the big bud soon, as I gave it more stress and triggered further blooms by drying the plant out. Once that happens all the nutrient precipitate into nothing so I gave it more. Stop using so much water, huge stupid plant.

6 Likes

I can see the buds bulking up. I think the calcium levels are low on the FLC-BX1 it looks like classic signs, but the conductivity is 2+ so I fucked that one up. Probably do better if I just change it out for a fresh batch of strong nutrients, or I could add a micro dose of micros. I’ve been just boosting it with low doses back to EC 2.5, so it could have created an imbalance.

4 Likes

hah hah well my daughter turned 19 and got her diploma in business admin. She’s all in like I was back then. I would have been fresh out of computer information systems at her age. They fucking grow up quick, it’s like she’s 30 already!

5 Likes

ok! Great news I have five fronds on the leaf. I guess the shock wasn’t too bad, I did take care of it within 24 hours.

3 Likes

I did the transfer on this plant, where I whipped up a new batch of strong juice then traded buckets. It did fall over a little when the hastily tied pipe cleaners broke apart. I mean literally broke the wire inside. I think my original generation may be suffering metal fatigue. oh but the plant seemed to really enjoy that. The new batch is the right ph and conductivity. I decided instead of testing all the variables and correcting it, I would go with the one-step solution of changing it out.
FLC-BX1

10 Likes

FLC-BX1 is definitely regenerated and is growing bud fingers. It’s going to be an interesting one!!! I should have given it way more conductivity, but I know that now.

6 Likes

I think I’m going to look at the FLC under the microscope today. Not because I think it’s done, though! But I am really curious as to what it looks like.

11 Likes

wow over the last 7 days, the FLC has really bulked up.

4 Likes

Diffently chunking up nicely

2 Likes

It’s pretty much time to move the meat breath over into bloom now! yay!

11 Likes

See that bud? It’s not dry yet. A quick sniff and squeeze it still smells like drying weed and my fingers can squish the bud easily. That means at least another day before I bag it up. I have… loads of weed.

8 Likes