Steampunk Water Culture

Ahhh I’m back! Everything is ready for the big cleanup hah hah and even one of my computer monitors failed just for kicks. I’m going to vacuum and swiffer the place to make sure the last dirty dirty experiment is all cleaned up.

10 Likes

I got out the ol vacuum and gave it the college try! Tomorrow I will swiffer then plant the plants. I mean transfer them. There was a fair bit of powdered leaf dust under the plastic sheets.

9 Likes

Here’s the next crop. I have to get this shit shifted by tomorrow and start the next phase!

7 Likes

Oh today I did the big clean up by putting some yummy cleaning stuff in a bottle and spraying it all over, then mopping it up with the swiffer. Good times! It’s ready for bloom now!

7 Likes

I did it! The plants are in bloom. They’ll look a little roughed up for a few days… because I wasn’t gentle.
I’ll take a photo tomorrow and also move over the next crop. Then I have to get scrubbing more buckets. I’m worried that entering a simulated reality is going to impact my grow.

1 Like

There we go! Plants are planted and the next batch I will hopefully move over today. Then things will be pumping! Humidity is locked at 42%. Full on winterized with insulation everywhere. Heated by HPS!

8 Likes

ok, tomorrow I’m going to normalize the doses on those new clones I just put into bloom. I’m sure some are depleted and some are half strength. One is a really tiny meat breath plant it was dwarfed by the larger ones! I still have more clones in the machine to plant, and I can clone the sensi/c99/flc/etc from the clones themselves. uhhhhh I gotta plant and clone! plant and clone! Always Be Clonin’. Tomorrow I have to bag up the harvest, it’s definitely smelling done. That’s the first clue, the hay smell is gone. Then the squeeze test, and into the bag. Then into storage.

7 Likes

Here’s my simulated reality with better graphics than real life.

I could live in there.

4 Likes

Those are the “clones” and the blooming plants! I will attempt to get another clone machine going today.

5 Likes

got some minor nutrient damage, probably magnesium related. It’s over now, I normalized the doses, they were running on tap water.

5 Likes

that looks identical to what I have/had on on a couple plants. Would you guess that’s too much magnesium or too little?

1 Like

Definitely far far too little. It was down to EC .4!

2 Likes

I just ran into that had no cal mag and didnt think i would get a reaction but to feeds later and a water boom it was there

1 Like

And on my somas lavender the 1 pheno I got the tips of the leafs curled upwards so im thinking its from that . Shes got the strong sativa leaf blades and ya she took a hit but we live and we learn

1 Like

Just regular tip burn or something more serious?

Ill take a picture in the morning decided to flower some of my mother plants only the 1 girl has the leafs curled up ive never had this problem in my life do think8ng its cal mag but maybe somthing else ill take a picture tomorrow morning and post and see what ya think

1 Like

You can see the most discolored meat breath plant has returned to practically normal. The leaves on that sucker were so purple and sick-looking like the plant was ready to croak. Because I starved it out and let it get too close to the light. hah hah I’m not pretending I don’t know what I did to it. Also I know that I can easily pull it out of a nosedive like that. Multiple deficiencies… check. Can it be diagnosed? Definitely! But not by the human eye, you need a machine to test the variables known as an EC meter. Could I create an imbalance in my nutrient solution in the buckets? Most definitely yes! If I test the EC and it seems to be in a normal range, but the plant isn’t looking good? Imbalance! So I toss that shit and put in a new batch fresh from the bottles.

1 Like

@JoeCrowe here she is

2 Likes

Yah definitely some kind of micro nutrient it looks like. IF things are off the rails you could leech the medium and start again. Leeching can include one or two of the following: running distilled water through the medium to leech out ions, or running a 25% strength plant nutrient through to leech it out. You could be looking at some kind of zinc thing too, sometimes it can be hard to tell :wink:

1 Like

hah hah I know this isn’t grow related as such, but the godamned microsoft patch that screwed up the print serving. Way to piss me off. Never thought that could be the case until spending an hour trying to get it to work. So I turned on virtualization and installed linux in the wsl2. I have to say, it’s looking more and more like real linux. The day I can mount some LVMs… now that would be amazing. The stripped down microsoft linux kernel is nice but lacks a few goodies.

2 Likes