Steampunk Water Culture

Got all the bases covered Joe nice! Enjoy the new toy :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Wanting to see this now! :crazy_face:

1 Like

I got it all unboxed and read the manual. Also, I can just hang it off the current wire! Blah blah I’ll have it running tomorrow. It’s all modern looking, yay! Just LEDs and an aluminum panel.

2 Likes

I meant the outside program. :wink:

1 Like

Oh yah the autos are going outside I called it “outdoor organic hydro”

I think I have 2 females and one male.

3 Likes

Wow, looks like I got some catching up over there. Thanks bud. :+1:

2 Likes

See, I just gave up on growing under shitty lighting. Things are looking good, now! I don’t need to use the flash.

5 Likes

Oh hell yah! I can notice the difference already. Finally the plants are growing normally again!

1 Like

hi joe i had similar recently noticing slower growth and found i had a faulty dimmer switch on the quantum board and even 5 years after i bought the light the seller sent me free of charge 2 dimmers and a simple 2 wire solder job and light is as good as ever again,thank our imaginary friend as no way could i afford to replace it,enjoy and thanks for sharing,peace

2 Likes

The LED drivers (I haven’t seen an exception yet) are set up to dim with PWM (variable duty cycle square wave) 100K potentiometer or 0~10Vdc.

Most folks just use a 100K pot… but… there are ‘variables’ to play with…
pots can be 3/4 turn (270`) to 10 turn.

Also there are log pots (logarithmic) where the response approximates a logarithmic response. It does this by ramping slowly up to 10% about the ‘halfway rotation point’ and then covering the remaining 90% in the remaining half rotation. This response can be ‘inverted’ by swapping around the 2 outside wires (this also reverses the rotation direction… :grin:).

Also, if you want to ‘gang’ a couple drivers together, use a 50K pot instead of the 100K.

Cheers
G

2 Likes

I may have the light too bright or perhaps close. We’ll see if I lose some leaves or something! So far the new leaves are popping out like mad. Plants are gaining some verticality!

Next big bud hash crop should actually be ready to bloom this century.

2 Likes

Clones are bulking up!

GOG spindly plant is actually growing some girth. Amazing how the bean pole is filling out.

1 Like

This is one of those GMOxdragons hash plants. I wasn’t expecting a girl already!

3 Likes

Just some stupid shit, I have a male plant in there.

2 Likes

I did get some crisp on the old big leaves. You can see they are gaining some verticality in a hurry!

3 Likes

I think I have some damage on the older leaves. The ones with 3 fronds!

2 Likes

Same little clone from yesterday!

2 Likes

The plants that were in the dark seem to have sustained damage. The clones and the GOG and OGK, etc are still looking good. Only some minor damage on the big bud for the most part! I’ll monitor the situation, because they are the ones getting the most photons from the light.

Classic aluminum panel with LEDs attached. Much better than my old ones!

5 Likes

I raised the light some more, as it seems the damage has spread. No damage to the plants just a little further away, so they should be good now. I’ll keep an eye on it, I might dial back the watts a bit.

1 Like

OGK!

Meat breath!

BB and GMOxDHP. The seedling is putting out a mutant branch! I haven’t seen any additional damage to the plants after raising the light another 30cm. Hopefully that’s the end of the burn.

4 Likes