Steampunk Water Culture

Thanks for that! I would have never figured it out lol!
Also, all seeds sprouted!

Hard to see that one tail, but it’s out there!
CDTF, FATF, Valley hashplant, and black first!
I gave them all the viability test, that’s how I tossed out that hollow shell from the black first seeds.

7 Likes

Viability test is I crush the seeds between my fingers. Any that implode will never sprout.

2 Likes

mmmm I could smell some serious stress hormone from the GMO plant last night. When I watered it, I could smell ethylene gas coming from the roots. Today I added a new hose and clean T so there is more oxygen. I wonder how long that problem had been brewing? The smell will be over now, but there could already be damage.

4 Likes

Sounds like a killer cross and very nice structure

3 Likes

Stoked for you germinating some new seeds. How exciting! Hope they perform wonderfully for you. The FA/F shown by @Kavman is gorgeous! It looks so good! Many blessings and much love

2 Likes

Interesting. Is this something you have encountered before? I have always grown in soil so never experienced this. I have been looking into octopots for awhile now. I would love to try something new. DWC seems tricky to me. I am sure I could do it. Would probably take some time learning. I would probably try it in a heartbeat if I had someone I knew close by to help me get rolling. Right now I can’t afford to make any mistakes. Maybe I will get ahead of the game this year and get my toes wet. FYI @JoeCrowe I have found lots of males while popping the Temple Flo crosses. It wouldn’t surprise me one bit if they were both males. In the seed run I did for OG I had 10 males to 6 females and the seeds made are exhibiting the same ratio. Though I do wonder sometimes if it is due to my selection of seeds to germinate. I tend to grab the biggest and darkest ones. Next time around I will just dump a few out and take what I get and pop them.

3 Likes

Yah the warning signs are the roots go from smelling like plant material, to having an earthen smell, and then finally a stink. Like it’s a swamp. ha hhah that’s when you know you ignored the warning signs. Usually you also see the plant get kind of sad looking, but this plant is fucking wack already hard to tell.

And A New contestant enters the Dome :smiley:

4 Likes

So I have two mutant GMO bud shots here. Yah, the thing still lives. Despite my efforts to finish it off, I suppose. I can see, when it terminated those buds, it also looks like it terminated the trichomes. Or something? Like. Real strange, so I have to get out the microscope and dissect a mutant bud.

5 Likes

wow its true. The trichomes from the terminated buds are frozen in amber. I’ve seen things man… but I’ve never seen that before. wow I’m just fucking amazed!

3 Likes

Got more action going on! Good news, there are no mutants who are struggling. Probably a few more days before they are ready to go into the hydroponics. oooo interesting days, I’ll have to remember which seedling is which.
top to bottom:
black first, valley hashplant, CDTF, FATF!

5 Likes

Meat breath!!

Big buds! They are growing faster than before hah hah.

6 Likes

GOG

OGK

8 Likes

Black hawk down! This branch broke off, that’s for sure. I’ll have to wire it up to the main plant!

6 Likes

Just baked this fucker, it’s black raspberry white chocolate! Yum! I had to find some wild black raspberry plants and clone them into the garden. They don’t grow very well in the wild.

11 Likes

curious on your diy coner just dwc with a couple airstones or more fancy with it? any rooting hormone thrown in that isnt super expensive? thanks ahead of time been thinking about going this route

3 Likes

Instead of an air stone I use an airline T with a stainless steel nut to hold it down. No rooting hormone. It’s super cheap!

4 Likes

many thanks joe appreciate the info!

3 Likes

Holy hell! They are making a break for it.

8 Likes

I think tomorrow I will be planting the black first and valley hashplant! Those little buggers are getting large in the gravity sprouter… aka plastic bag and paper towel. The CDTF, and FATF have tossed the pods off, and might take an extra day to hit the hydroponics. We’ll see!

6 Likes

Looks like planting day is here! I better scrub some bucket lids! Black first is… uh the first to pop up!

4 Likes