Strainaholics Anonymous meeting

Sorry yall, haven’t checked in for a bit. Been running behind the wagon. Lol, just to many wonderful beans out there!

8 Likes

GUYS guys, I have a problem… Collecting Seeds!

I’ve got a “Vault” that has a limited capacity of 88 slots… It’s filling up FAST… (I know, it’s small beans compared to some)

So now I’ve come to the conclusion :upside_down_face: that I MUST move out seeds to make room for others, as I’m only allowing myself to have 88 strains.

So from now on, All seeds I grow I’ll be “Investigating Intensively” to see IF it will make the cut so to speak.

Time for my seed collection to prove itself I guess lol :laughing::joy:

As always whenever I grow/Run anything and have made any seeds, I’ll do giveaways :wink: just stay tuned, it could be tomorrow or it could be 3 months from now. But it will happen someday…

Currently growing Marks BubbleGum Autos open pollination… Hopefully all goes well… Peace.

14 Likes

I was going to say let’s see if I can stop at 100. But I think I already exceeded that with the seeds I have on order, the GG4 ril group buy finishing up, and some that may or may not be on their way, or just lost in the mail fiasco.

4 Likes

I hear you man. I don’t have that big a collection but it’s growing. I found 2 guys to send a pile of seeds to so I feel ok sending them out but as soon as I did that someone gave. Me more. I am just a small 4 plant grower but I picked up some Colloidal silver and am going to collect some pollen to do a fem seed run. I have to start getting into seed production. I have always killed males, sorry folks. But OG has changed my ways. I am kind of stuck doing a grow for a lighting company right now, don’t ask, just kind of happened when their stuff showed up on my porch. When I get that done I will start sorting out this seed thing. I plan to shower OG with seeds, I just feel it is my responsibility now. So many great folks here that I want to repay for their generosity.

7 Likes

Hahaha I hear ya me too. Canada 4 growers club.
Hopefully the light was awesome like Mars hydro haha.

4 Likes

Make a bigger vault, best I can tell ya, it gets worse

8 Likes

@misterbee you need to get a pick of John Bellushi in a bee suit for a pic.

4 Likes

I was just physically washing off the clones/cuts and submerging for 30mins to drown anything in them. Then I put them in a sealed tent with a no pest strip to fumigate them for a week. Well the strip I had been relying on was old, so it wasn’t very effective. Now all my mother plants are getting baths in safer soap, fully dunked in it, twice a week. Then going forwards, I’m going to try and follow the protocol 0 fully, and not the lazy way I did before with just relying on the pest strip.
The mothers are going to get a few different products to rotate though for weekly treatments to prevent anything from getting hold.

4 Likes

Another solution for your dilemma is just order another box :laughing:
storage

Cheers
G

2 Likes

Lmfao. I pretty much have too. All the seeds I made, I’m gonna fill a vile full and store them properly for 20+ years. Will literally have:
A legend, intructions, detailes about each strain.

Basically imagine that 88 slot case, every vile numbered, individually shrink-wrapd, having a few pages of information lamatainted and then shrink-wrap the whole box, in the deep dark freezer. I don’t expect I’d be pulling them out, so I’d need to leave behind the intructions of what to do with them and why lol

3 Likes

Fuck that man. Plant them seeds! Aint doing anybody any good in a freezer.

6 Likes

Not all the seeds haha. Just a vile per strain = future preservation of the strains I think kickass.

Who knows maybe my boys will grow some in their 30s

Of course I’ll be doing giveaways and continuing to grow them as well.

4 Likes

If aliens are coming for a visit, I hope the one thing they pick up before they decide the earth is not worth saving is that box.

3 Likes

Hahaha they be HIGH as Funk for sure on Pluto

4 Likes

That’s awesome! A Seedbank time capsule :metal:

3 Likes

29 Likes

Its easier to ask for forgiveness then to ask permission

7 Likes

That is my boss’s mantra for everything :rofl: usually works though :+1:

4 Likes

Work with my boss, aka Wife :laughing:

3 Likes

Greetings all, my name is Doug and I have rapidly become a strainaholic. People have been sending me many strains and I have been able to send some out to others so feeling pretty good about my addiction. That said I purchases 300 coin flips today and yesterday started a PPP seed run to see if I could help ease some folks symptoms. It appears I will not be fighting this addiction but rather feeding it but I still appreciate your support :slight_smile:

21 Likes