Strainaholics Anonymous meeting

I’m just really starting my time here on OG , So far it’s been fun , educational, and exciting. It has increased my addiction totally . I have acquired strains from some great folks here on OG that is building my collection. Imy looking forward to being able to return the favor this coming growing season. It’s going to be a blast .

5 Likes

glad to hear someone is beating me to the punch with a Purple Paonia preservation run.

I made a hybrid with lefty’s open pollination blended pollen and some bodhi guava hashplant f1s. Haven’t grown them out yet. I need to preserve that one for sure because there aren’t a ton of seeds.

11 Likes

My strainamania is also reaching new heights.

I just bought seeds again after a 3 year hiatus when I swore I wouldn’t buy any more until I grew out everything I had.

It’s heritagefarms’ platinum pineapple. I had to get it because when I lived in the bay I grew the platinum OG clone only, and a santa cruz pineapple blue dream made with the same old pineapple clone only. Looks like the platinum pineapple is very dominant towards the pineapple which is awesome. Hopefully I can find a recessive Platinum OG dominant pheno, but I’m not betting on it because the line is probably pretty uniform at f4.

I’m doing a landrace sativa grow outdoor this year, and making hybrids.

I’ve been going nuts trying to decide what to grow next indoor. I finally made up my mind…
on the breeder.

No idea which pack I am going to pop. haha.

13 Likes

Then this is the thread for you. We’ll provide all the encouragement you need. :grinning:
:guitar:

11 Likes

It doesn’t really count if they didn’t ship yet does it?..just because I ordered them doesn’t really mean I broke down until at least I receive an order right?

5 Likes

@Herbie sounds legit to me

1 Like

You ever see the Seinfeld episode where Elaine asked him when he considers it to be sex and he says “I would say when the nipple makes an appearance”?

For your relapse I would say it’s when a credit card makes an appearance :laughing:

7 Likes

boooo :-1: LOL

4 Likes

I went from 3 strains 3 plants to 6 strains 22 plants ( cannabis, I’m pushing 40 with my pepper garden) .
Do I qualify yet? :wink:

6 Likes

Sorry, 9 strains 22 plants lmaoo

10 Likes

My cousin dunked the whole entire plants in clean green which is used out west. It penetrates the leaves , and you have to be very careful not to use too much of it, or the leaves get sunburned.

5 Likes

My roommates just said no to me getting a separate minifridge for my seeds… apparently the basement grow “already takes up enough electricity” :laughing:

6 Likes

You can store them in mine @thecurtainwith! :grin::+1::+1:

4 Likes

Have they gotten to see the results and yield? If they had to buy buds they’d see the savings in ounces of bud vs cost of power.

3 Likes

I’ve got one roommate on board with it by feeding them ounces, but the other two “don’t really smoke weed” (beyond a hit or two every couple months) so it’s a slightly harder sell with them. They’re remarkably chill with it though so I’m not trying to push it. But I am a medical grower in a legal state, so I guess the worst that happens is they have to deal with having a bunch of beautiful smelly-ass flowers in their basement :grin:

10 Likes

Walmart has small mini fridge that can plug into the wall or a cig lighter for 21 bucks , it’s a 12 can fridge. This is what I’m using for seed storage.

Fun fact mine can be set for hot and cold , so I’m thinking I may get a second one and use it for seed germination :exploding_head:

8 Likes

that’s way too small for us here lol
you’ll fill that up fast
look at the title of the thread “strainaholics

13 Likes

Oh I’m sure a lot of people here could fill it that have huge collections. It’s a beginning step for me lol if everything is packaged in centrifuge’s that would save a lot of space .

6 Likes

I control my strainamania by keeping my breeders packs in a lunchbox sized container.

Keeps my eyes from getting bigger than my stomach.

If seeds won’t fit, I’m not allowed to buy them until I make room by growing out the packs.

10 Likes

just got some new seeds in the mail today, pretty stoked to have some crazy haze genetics

Tom Hill Haze

OHaze (Predator Haze)

Tom Hill Haze x OHaze

11 Likes