Strainaholics Anonymous meeting

Hey man, yes there are some differences. I just swapped out my 1000 watt MH/HPS system for LED. I think the biggest difference I noticed was they became gluttons for nutes. I almost doubled the amounts I was feeding them and they lapped it up.

2 Likes

I’m in no rush to replace my 315 CMH either. Thing grows monsters for me consistently. I feel like LEDs will hit the point though where it’s completely comparable to run them though and I don’t even think it’s that far off. Between energy consumption and putting off like no heat I see the appeal.

1 Like

Heats not a concern for me, my plants go up and kiss the light, literally.
I add another turbo fan pointing straight up, sure it takes up space for a plant.
But what I got going on, its just fine.

3 Likes

Here in Canada I find many run LED in summer and MH/HPS in winter to deal with the climate. I think good LED’s have caught up to the older technology personally after running both. That said it can be an expensive jump and there is that old adage, “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it.”

5 Likes

I learned how close the plant can get to the light the hard way on my first grow lol I do not have the same luxury of them being about to kiss the light. I had to ditch the tent all together and suspend the light from a ceiling fan. That was the last grow I used a 5 gal bucket on :laughing:

3 Likes

Bro you got this. Led isn’t hard to deal with. Just gotta run it a couple times to kinda fine tune how you want the plants to grow.

3 Likes

I run a raised bed with fan on low facing up between the slotted shelves

1 Like

Mine are going up.in the air after this back I’m going thru.

The is not such thing as waste heat in a Canadian winter :laughing: :rofl: :vulcan_salute:

Cheers
G

11 Likes

OG is really helping with my hose washer collection.

28 Likes

I was directed back here by another member who is concerned for me. I have been sending out seeds now to ease my guilt but still want them all. Is it wrong to want to be this guy?

22 Likes

Ok, I will just take a break and think about something else, perhaps go watch a movie:)

24 Likes

I love seedy Saturday haha :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Looks like a decent deal don’t know how legit the seed shop is!
https://www.tropicalseedscompany.com/shop/home/165-quarantine-pack-regular-seeds.html

2 Likes

enjoy your day now !
Sam

19 Likes

Anyone else feel lost if you didn’t have seeds come in the mail in a few days lol

5 Likes

Yes… then I remember what I want that I have to start

I did find myself browsing seeds

2 Likes

Wish I could start 2 of everything I have

3 Likes

Figured I’d finally admit to the thing and join the club. Started seriously collecting seeds this time last year, and I had a pretty serious 8-month run of a new pack of seeds coming every week or so. Went from a stash of bagseeds and a few gifts to 50+ breeder packs and freebies.
I feel like I got lucky since last year had a lot of 4/20/2020 sales and availabilities. I got to get a hold of some classic and heirloom genetics, mostly lots of northern lights and other 80’s and 90’s indicas line nl1, g-13 hashplant, deep chunk, etc.

Just recently placed an order that is supposed to come with a free pack of pure 88g13hp. Stoked! I didn’t even want the seeds I bought, I just wanted the freebies, lol.

7 Likes

Mailbox has been good to me lately.

16 Likes