Strainaholics Anonymous meeting

kinda like Ebay

But without the killing

Just had to come here and write this. Wondering if this has ever happened to any of youā€¦

Iā€™m in the kitchen making coffee and suddenly out of nowhere a thought pops into my head;

ā€œI need to buy those seeds of that strain that Iā€™ve been holding out on!ā€

Then you have a mini panic attack bc they might be sold out or something! You know what Iā€™m talking about hahahaha. Anyway I always just have to laugh at myself but Iā€™ve been pretty good about showing control and not buying up all the seeds. One thing that works really well for me is to create a list of all the seeds you own. When you get an urge to buy more you open that list up and look through it. Remember how excited you were to purchase those seeds and how much you want to grow them. Remember that time is limited and seeds wonā€™t last forever. Grow before you Blow! (More money on seeds). Haha that was dumb but Iā€™m leaving it.

Good day OGerā€™s!

14 Likes

But what if we miss out on like, say the pretty pink pheno, or the blue ink pheno, or the skunk in the ruff :thinking: we have to chase our addiction for the beans weā€™ve already purchased might have all of that but the more the merrier.
I know for a fact that I donā€™t want to be contemplating over my coffee over a hold out. Holding out ā€¦ go get them beans before itā€™s too late

6 Likes

I compare it to a gambling addiction where that next seed you purchase will be ā€œthe winnerā€.

10 Likes

The winner as in, maybe I am actually gonna plant this one day. :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

lol we are the far descendant from a ratlike creature. Perhaps itā€™s hoarding instinct. The seeds are gonna run out. Gotta stash for winter!

6 Likes

for when it becomes legalā€¦

4 Likes

Yeah I can hold off on a lot of seedsā€¦ but some of these are one time deals! If you donā€™t get them now no one is going to make them again so you arenā€™t going to find them later unless someone just happened to make F2ā€™sā€¦ I have to snag those up when I can.
ā€¦
or at least, this is what I tell myself :joy:

4 Likes

DONT JUDGE ME IHAVE A Serious problem

10 Likes

So true. I have a lot of stuff to celebrate when itā€™s time. I can celebrate several seasons per year for the rest of my life and I am determined to do so. :seedling:

3 Likes

Iā€™m at peace with my seed collecting ways :grin::grin:
I have more than I could EVER grow, but I just like collecting them. Better than collecting stamps, canā€™t grow thoseā€¦:joy::joy::joy:

10 Likes

Ok fellow strainhaolics, I doubt this information will help with your affliction, but I had to share and ease my soul. This is what ordering 5 packs from Baked Beanz looks like. Note that 2 pack contain an additional freebie pack of Poison Ivy :astonished: :dizzy_face:

@SamwellBB is a beast!

19 Likes

Iā€™d say he is

4 Likes

Hey man, good to see you around, I was afraid you skipped sites when I saw your thread locked. Hope all is well!

3 Likes

I bop in from time to time Orloff.
Not a regular anymore but Iā€™m no where else either.
Pretty much sticking to myself like the old days and loving living life without a bunch of bullshit.
Just checking on status on a couple things and weaning myself away.

Hope you and the family are :+1:

11 Likes

I think Iā€™m gonna try and slowdown and work some of my older gear. Some needs updating some need a flavor boost. Regardless new creations are coming soon.

3 Likes

Hows your blue kush coming along?

I got one going now Iā€™ll pm ya a shot tonite.

2 Likes

Iā€™m sorry there was bullshit to deal with, I always liked your content and feel that people respect you and like you around here. Hope you donā€™t fade away completelyā€¦ At least stop by my sorry growlog sometime, always welcome there brother.

8 Likes

I always show there ya just donā€™t know it.

Be good and have a good one.

4 Likes

I may have gone overboard this year.

16 Likes