Strains to look forward to in 2020+

Just a curious question for all people but with all the past hype over GG#4,GSC,Wedding Cake,Gelato etc… to name but a few that are pretty much all over the place and mixed to make new strains etc…
Is there anything new that may well become the next big thing all be it that in the end all strains are a bonus as it comes down to personal preference but like said just curious if there are some strains in the works that well may top the others for a while.
Please any opinion would be great just curious.
happy growing :smiley:

9 Likes

Old time stuff is coming back in a big way; almost a reaction to the modern hype stuff.

The market overall has never been wider.

But to answer your question, Forbidden Fruit is pretty hot right now, the “burger” stuff from Skunkhouse is hot fiya, Bee Cookies, Apple Fritter, Runtz, Cereal Milk, Gushers, Mac, Ice Cream Cake. Mostly just variations of some cookie something or other. I haven’t run any of those, but I know it’ll be purple, frosty, yield like crap, and be pretty much bred for bag appeal only.

Get the grape pie cut. That one actually is incredible, and will probably be popular for years after the current fads are over. It actually smells like grape jelly, IMO.

There’s a guy on IG who will send you any of these and more, DM me if you want his account. Prices are high but he’ll ship anywhere.

11 Likes

As in he will send cuts anywhere. You caught my attention. Lol

4 Likes

Yeah but they are expensive. Like $200-300 each, depending on whatcha want. If you want the latest Cali hot fiya hype cuts though, he’s a legit source.

5 Likes

I know i hated the purple punch when i tried it. Might be interested in the grape pie though. Can I pm you for his info?

4 Likes

Thanks for replies have to look into few them strains I have hear a lot of talk over the Mac cut seems to be a big talking point over on few podcasts well was but unfortunate for me I live in prohibition land but futures looking green.
:smiley:

3 Likes

Do it anyway. Keep it small, use carbon filters, don’t tell anyone and you’ll be fine.

Mac is a very pretty plant, but bag appeal, to me, is the least important factor.

5 Likes

If you can predict hype, you can make a lot of money!

But honestly, there’s so many hybrids out there now. Ones that gain notoriety and attention are fairly arbitrary. Lots of good stuff goes unnoticed, simply due to the overwhelming number of hybrids.

I’m with @vernal that old stuff will keep making a comeback, simply for the reason that the expanse of hybrids is making strains indistinguishable. Candy names had to take their place, because it’s the only thing that offers a buyer meaning to a deep polyhybrid. Now that people are getting tired of “flavor of the week” it’s either back to strains from a time when you could remember most of them, or hype.

5 Likes

That’s what I do I am just curious as right now I have male pollen from a nice Wizards Wand male from captains connection Blissful Wizard x Girl Scout Glue and 2 fems in veg but I am looking into a nice female to in future pollinate saves me shit load money in all.
Also thanks for reply and input :smiley:

1 Like

Planning on hunting through seeds for a mother to clone and then seed?

2 Likes

Right now I am looking at options got few plants on go some autos to keep me up nice but in all want to make either a cross of something (Yep pollen chuck) see how go there and maybe some seeds just keep my hobby and cost down and meds.
Open to options on a strain worth crossing for future ref female pref got a few to choose from open for suggestions.
I have females of :

Pheno Finder Seeds Do Z Dos Genetics:Sour Dosidos x Z3

T H Seeds Gelato 33 x French Cookies aka French Macaron Genetics: Gelato 33 x French Cookies

Dutch Passion Seeds C-Vibez Genetics: Mad Scientist x Voodoo

3 Likes