14 Likes

6 Likes

The Dank Shop #3 looks killer man, nice work! :wink:
Oreoz x Scoutbreath

https://www.greatlakesgenetics.com/strawberry-hill-seed-co/

20 Likes

haha love that stoner strawberry !!!

4 Likes

I assume if I were a strawberry up on your hill I’d be pretty stoned brother ;-)~

2 Likes

Freaking killer drop @SHSC-1 !!!

4 Likes

Amazing! Looks dope friend! @SHSC-1

5 Likes

thanx guys, I hope people are as excited about the drop as I am hehe I’m pretty stoked to get these beans out there.

10 Likes

Well friends, it seems with a little creative thinking and a collaboration with friends , I am able to continue on as a site sponsor afterall. More details on that coming on May 1st :wink:

So this little break has been good for me and afforded me time to formulate a plan going forward. The Coastal Blueberry has been out there for a year now and the feedback I am getting is outstanding. It’s one of those breeding projects that I can call a resounding success. Many growers are telling me, and posting on the forum that the blueberry is strong in this line and some potent plants as well. Lots of inventory at Great Lakes Genetics and growingupganja.com … both have great deals right now.

So I think I need to do a grow n show of the Coastal Blueberry and also hunt for a couple choice males for my breeding program when I resume projects in the fall/winter. So start them now and veg them 6weeks to flip… but I might keep a couple females that show early to run full season in the greenhouse. At the same time I am pondering a small crop of Friesland somewhere in the property to collect some fast male pollen to hit the Coastal Blueberry… See I wasn’t planning any breeding work at all this summer and now look what I’m doing LOL No set plans… just typing out my stoner thoughts haha

31 Likes

Hope it works out well for you. Lots of stuff to factor in to most decisions that matter. Can’t wait 'til I have more of your stuff :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: in jars.

4 Likes

well… stoner thoughts lead to compulsive seed pops… :rofl:
So 20 Coastal Blueberry and a dozen of the 2017 stock of Friesland.
Can’t put plants outside till june 10th here and that is pretty much 6 weeks from now.
Friesland and some of the Coastal Blueberry will go full season… which is a HUGE gamble on my end. Bottom line is we are gonna find out just how hardy these plants really are hehe.
For those new to the Strawberry patch… I’m at 52North, 3000feet elevation in western canuckistan so it gets real harsh here by mid september
Who’s joinin me for the fun?

38 Likes

Oh wow. I kicked my plants out of my tent on March 30th. (Fraser Valley area)
It was risky, but they overgrew the tent so I booted them outdoors. They seem to have toughed it out really well. I am only 82 foot elevation though.

9 Likes

ya i remember living in surrey in one of the gvrd rentals in tynehead park. Getting plant out in daytime and keeping them from flowering with florescent racks in the garage LOL
Those were fun times back then filling the black berry patches with plants every year

10 Likes

Glad to see you back in action!!! :grin:

4 Likes

Coastal blueberry from shsc1

22 Likes

Some well used pots there. Not they’re 1st rodeo.

3 Likes

Definitely not there first grow experience. Guess I shouldn’t be lazy and scrub them up one day or throw them out and buy some new ones .

2 Likes

Thanx man :wink:
I’ll be honest… I really have my ups and downs as those who know me can attest to. I am a great procrastinator and analyzer and I can tend to overdue both LOL Sometimes I just need to take a big step back and breath for a minute ot I get too far ahead of myself. I feel I need to slow the train down some and get back to enjoying growing… which I haven’t been all winter. Back to my roots is where things are going and working some of my past lines that sold out at GLG like the Chunk D hashplant , finishing the Precious OG and doing some crosses with the Coastal Blueberry.
Coastal Blueberry x Friesland has been on my mind for a couple years now as I desire a short season seed line I can try and acclimate to my short season. So I figure why not get that ball rolling this summer and just let the plants go full season and see what happens.

The autos are still the main plan for the bud harvest this year though and with my 420 GLG order I grabbed some tonygreen gear that came with the adam and eve(GG4 RIL auto F5). So that gives me a really nice selection for autos this summer… GG4 RIL auto F4 and F5 as well as some twenty20 Durban Sunrise and some Afterthought Autos Azure Rocket.
Hopefully things go as planned hehe

@ShiskaberrySavior right on man, thanx for posting!! Looking forward to seeing how everyone’s Coastal Blueberries do this summer. There are quite a few growers on OG running them outdoors this season so should be fun seeing all the plants in various gardens.

Also… don’t snooze on the 420 deals at GLG , there is lots of fire in that drop :wink:

14 Likes

Thanks looking forward to growing them out got a second one but not doing too well hoping it will come around. Planning on an indoor grow with them lots of head room if they decide to grow large so that won’t be an issue.

5 Likes