Strawberry Hill Seed Co

Very true, I can confirm.
Did you ever notice LED light bleaching is lack of chlorophyll?
The plant must do this to protect itself from too much light.
I wonder if you placed it in an area not in direct light.
Maybe spray it with some N and or spray it with some seaweed.
Both will help the plant to produce chlorophyll.
Maybe some extra blue light too.
The reason I say blue light is…it seems to be bolting, but it probably thinks it is not getting enough light, so it is trying it’s best to survive and get to the top of the canopy.
My guess is nothing will help and it will die, but those suggestions should give it a fighting chance.
But it has to turn green or it is done fast.
Now the question is, why is not making any chlorophyll?
I am pretty sure the OGKB was made with a mutagen or its parent(s) were.

6 Likes

interesting thoughts there @shag
I too am very curious about this seedling. The Line does produce some mutations like extra fan leaflets , little flowers on the leaf petiole and variegation. The line isn’t being released to the public other than thru gifting and those that were in the auction but still, I want the seeds I send out to make the grower go Holy Fuck I Gotta Grow More of Those!!! LOL

8 Likes

Yes, this is probably true.
But I am betting there is some cup winners in there too.
:exploding_head:
I have a great deal of interest in those OGKB seeds of yours, among others of course.
I was given a cut of the 2.0 but I opted to give it to a friend that wanted it real bad with the hope of getting it back but that never happened.
I had thrips at the time and did not wanna pass them so I gave the original cut away rather than take a cut later and give that away with the possibility of thrips…
I really wanna grow some of that shit… :star_struck:

6 Likes

someone down there must still have it… have you reached out to chunky… he might even send you one man ya never know. When my mother gets good and healthy , heck I’ll send you cuts brother.
I popped my last scoutbreath beans which chunky calls OGKB 2.0 Bx1. The males from that are going to be used on the ogkb 2.0 clone. Then next fall/winter I’ll be popping all my F2’s from the scoutbreath line and the BX to the ogkb 2.0. Then I will start hunting for parents for my main breeding program. I think there will be some dynamite results in the outcrosses too so it will be interesting to see what becomes of those. I will be calling out for testers at some point but I’ll have to make the seeds first hehehe

10 Likes

I greatly appreciate the offer brother!
I am just about shut down over here, at least until fall.
We will see what the future brings.
Thanks again!

3 Likes

Pretty strange for sure , 20 dropped n popped , not one similar

4 Likes

Interesting thought , I’ll apply some soluble kelp.

The light is 5000k so blue shouldn’t be an issue. I’ll try getting it closer to the light.

It may be a forlorn hope, but worth a try. Thanks for the ideas!

Interesting. I always thought that happened with DJs blueberry as well.

2 Likes

Kelp is always the answer!

3 Likes

Old Timer’s Stash chopped at 58 or 59 days. These buds are in that range I had 4, 1 still going at 64 days. I’m dying to smoke a big fat one, the smell is dank, but sweet. Some citrus on there too. Orange or tangie. I could not get the color right. Tomorrow I’ll try again

25 Likes

Here’s my lone Coastal Blueberry. It’s finally getting a little momentum. It’s been slow but I upped the nutes a little and she’s looking much better. I was hoping to get a little size on it before I flip. I love the purple colored stems against that green. It also shows a little color in the new growth on top.

22 Likes

Nice…Thats one I gotta grow some day.

3 Likes

if there’s any beans you desire for now or later, just give me a hollar brother, I’ll hook you up :wink:

4 Likes

Thanks man. I’m good for now, but would definitely like to grow that.

3 Likes

there’s several thousand of those beans in the vault so they will be there when you are ready hehehe

8 Likes

I’ll be asking… :wink:

5 Likes

I got mine.

2 Likes

Plant is looking good @GMan , thanx for sharing :wink:
Hope it’s a girl!!!

4 Likes

Yeah, that one is a definite girl. She’s just been a little slow. I may have another female, but I wasn’t 100% sure it is a CB seed.

I meant to pop 4 seeds originally but only three came up. I started scratching around in the seedling tray but there wasn’t a seed in there.

So, while standing at the table with the heat mat and dome, I look down at my feet to see if I might have dropped it when trying to plant it a few days before.

There was a nice looking seed right in front of my foot. I thought that it had to be your seed since it was all I had planted in that time period. So, I popped it and put a ? after it just in case it is one.

Well, it sprouted and looked identical to the other seedlings so I’m still growing it. Thing is, it’s taller with and has more narrow leaves. The stems look similar as in they’re getting color in them. It grew really slow and I thought it was a male cause of the taller structure so I had it off to the side. Then I saw that it’s female and I started taking care of it. It’s looking good but is a brighter lighter green than the one above.

Do you get any taller phenos in the CB. If it’s yours it’s gonna be a great plant I think. Let me go out and snap a pic…brb.

4 Likes

in the coastal blueberry I used 3 females #1 is a slower stouter plant with not much stretch when she flowers. She was kept for her structure, tacky stem rubs and her odors. #2 is what I will call the NL leaner in that leaves are a bit wider and flowers are more dome topped and quite dense. She also had the tacky stem rub and nice strong earthy odors. This pheno showed up quite a few times in testing and she’s strong/potent.
#3, here is where the tall phenos are going to come from. Her and the #1 share many of the same characteristics but the #3 wants to get tall. She had the stongest blueberry syrop type odors whereas the #1 is more field berry/blueberry. #2 falls in between with a more earhty/hashy backgound.
@smokenhike just finished up a coastal blueberry and so far from his reports I would say his pheno came from the #1. Not really a yielder but the pics looked good from my seat. Time will tell if the blueberry smells he was getting will translate to cured nose and flavor.

Here are veg pics before the mothers of the seeds started light dep in the greenhouse.

15 Likes

That’s got that lighter green color. Here’s the runt that I’m bringing back now. I topped it once I saw it was female. Otherwise it looked like it wanted to keep stretching. It got beat up early in life from our crazy winds. I cut all of the damaged leaves out and she’s starting to fill in finally.

14 Likes