Strawberry Hill Seed Co

It looks like she might be lacking chlorophyll???

4 Likes

Yeah looks like youā€™re right, there was another one of the 5 i have going that also had no chlorophyll initially ( although none of the red) and it seems to be slowly getting to green so Iā€™m hopeful.

5 Likes

A lot going on is an understatement :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
I started some of them and a few are in flower Iā€™m sure along with Oreoz x Bitch pudding :metal:t2::metal:t2::metal:t2::fire: half sisters

6 Likes

Old Timerā€™s Stash 54 days. I could chop, but not yet. Got a nice even opaque to the Trichs. Just a spot or so of amber. Heavy smell, even with my funky nose. Really sticky stems. 4 plants and I can tell you right now most of this is in jars labeled ā€œkeep for stashā€. Appropriate name considering Iā€™m a codger. Got more seeds of this, but weā€™ll see Supercollider Kush 1st.
@SHSC-1 thanks for putting in the work to bring this to us.

37 Likes

Can I ask what a kush stem rub is like? Really trying to wrap my head around what exactly makes a kush.

5 Likes

Yes please enlighten us

3 Likes

The Biker Kush V1 from Karma Genetics that I originally pheno hunted and selected to F2 carried very earthy, slighty mossy/musky with a hint of pine and a backdrop of a tangerine like citrus that is not super prominent but it was there. The HAOG cut I sourced came from growers I have known for a very long time in Mission , BC. I donā€™t now the history other than I trust these guys. So that cut has a powerful almost chemical earthy , piney , and again with a citrus hint in the background.
Combining these two just lend themselves to amplifying those flavor profiles.
Canā€™t speak for @crownpoodle and what he is smelling from the expression in his garden but that is the run down on how the Old Timerā€™s Stash came to be.

21 Likes

Sheā€™s a beauty! Nice job! Nice looking plant @SHSC-1!! :v:

2 Likes

In this case using ā€˜kushyā€™ I mean that from my limited experience it has a profile that aligns with strains from the Hindu kush. Part woody part chemical and a little sour fuel almost. Its hard describe without a relative comparison. Iā€™ve encountered the same family of smells in pink kush, pck and a more woody version coming out of an hpk cross.

Not sure thatā€™s super helpful, but the best Iā€™ve got.

8 Likes

I appreciate you sharing the grow and giving space in your garden to my seeds. The plants look awesome and I canā€™t wait to get your impressions after it cures and you have a chance to sit back and enjoy a big bat. ā€¦ wellā€¦ you better start with a small bat just in case it blows the doors off haha!
Thankyou @crownpoodle !!

7 Likes

I cut one this morning. When I opened the tent I noticed 3 still has some white pistols, one didnā€™t. Sheā€™s hanging. Now I can exercise control on the other 3. Right now for smells, maybe a shop rag you picked up with 11 different chemicals on it. Oil, grease, other stuff, but the last thing you wiped up was citrus. Complex. Dank, but a hint of sweet citrus. Iā€™ll tease a lower dry. Get a tease in 10 days or so.
I could etch the jar with OTS if this is what I suspect. Might just be a must have.

6 Likes

Did you say excuse me?
Even the cats ran out of the room when that happenedā€¦ :rofl:

7 Likes

I could clear the shop floor in my ā€œprimeā€. Suffered from TTS. So did those around me.

Toxic Trouser Syndrome

Going with ā€œchopā€ next time, so think of proper abuse for me @shag .

5 Likes

Of the first 2 super collider, one was female and one male. Sheā€™s looking good and strong now and he has been removed.

The third went in 3 days ago. Not showing sex yet.

Sadly the Ogkb seedlings without pigment have not recovered and stalled out forming the set of leaves after the cotyledons.

10 Likes

hmmmm do you have those ogkb posted in a thread i can see? i suck at searching LOL
I havenā€™t popped any yet but I know a couple people that have them going with some in flower I think.
The Supercolliders are looking good :wink:

4 Likes

Ive only posted the pic last week in this thread. Its only 2 of 5 so far, but an interesting occurance. Iā€™m just going to germ the rest of the pack to make up the numbers.

Here is the first, the plant above is also ogkb and used the same soil batch and germinated at the same time. It also started completely albino and has added some chlorophyll, but now stalled :frowning:

The second is the one from last week:

And this is another germinated at the same time thats healthy ( bottom plant):

From what I read it sounds like the lack of chlorophyll prevents the creation of sugars amongst other things.

12 Likes

hmmm thatā€™s real odd. I am going to check in with the other guy I know that has those going.

5 Likes

That little yellow one could it be over watered?

2 Likes

I donā€™t think so as they were like that straight out of the seed. Super pretty though. Strawberry Hill Seed Co - #58 by Kyumonryu

1 Like

ya it;s wierd , no one else has reported that from those beans yet.
Hope they revert to green

5 Likes