Subcool Strawberry Diesel x Space Dude F2 and Friends Grow

Lol, I had to think for half a second but that’s good!

Yeah I was thinking I’d self it and back cross it and see what’s closer for starters. I’m really pretty clueless about all this. Couple hours of research should set me straight though.

3 Likes

I’ve never heard a designated description (doesn’t mean there is’nt one) but I would assume you could consider a line “inbred” if you can identify a specific number of phenotypes that it’s seed would produce? Ideally there would only be one, but I would assume if you could reduce it to only 3-4 phenos overall you could comfortably call it inbred.

This is just me shooting from the hip here if someone knows better and I’m wrong please for the love of god correct me!!!

2 Likes

Depends what definition you’re using. :stuck_out_tongue: In cannabis, it’s often considered an IBL at F6 or so, i.e:

That’s usually around F4-F6, at least obvious phenos. There are a lot more variations that we just don’t test for and thus can’t selectively breed for, I’m sure. For other forms of life… there’s a slightly more rigorous definition:

4 Likes

Damn! There you go 20 generations, which I guess would result in only a single phenotype from seed right?

1 Like

Not sure if this helps but I found it interesting. I’ve heard several times over that selfing is not the best option for breeding but I first came across the term Single Seed Descent recently from a post by Diggy Soze with a video he posted on cannabis breeding.

The relevant part of selfing to increase homozygosity starts at 1:39:25

And the Single Seed Descent part is at 2:30:47

Not sure I fully grasp everything presented but it was an interesting starting point for myself. There’s obviously pros and cons to any method used.

6 Likes

13 days ago

Today

Day two 1212 on these guys. Two in the middle are the crosses. Both looking fem.

20 Likes

Look’n Good!

:+1:

Cheers
G

2 Likes

What size is that tent? 4’ x 1’?

3 Likes

Closer to 3 x 1.

4 Likes

Day 38 flower

27 days ago

Now

Two weeks this thing should look pretty smokeable I wager. I’m not backing off my pink starburst nose…but I do detect a deep, latent sweet watermelon thing that I don’t recall from the seeded plant. Maybe I was just sniffing it less at this stage last go. Maybe it smells different sensi.

These buds are much denser than I was expecting. I guess that makes sense it did put out ~5500 seeds.

29 Likes

Very nice! I was wondering if she would bulk up much. She is.
:facepunch::wink:

3 Likes

Both oustanding! Either way! Looking remarkbly simillar in other aspect besides the nose!

3 Likes

Thanks brother. I did expect her to puff up. I did think it would be more superficial fluffy buds. She’s just putting on straight muscle.

7 Likes

They look great eagle. :+1:
Hope they keep that smell. :pray:

2 Likes

Man that looks pretty, and a pink starburst smell sounds mouth watering!

3 Likes

Looking great. I scratched my screen and then stiffed it. Not the same :pensive: One day we"ll have smellavision. LOL Keep it up.

3 Likes

Thank you!

@LegsMahoney oh yeah, this one’s got some personality. I haven’t broken out the pax in awhile but I’ll definitely be vaping this before I smoke it.

@OldGator lol, man you don’t know how many times I’ve wished that were possible since I started growing.

6 Likes

Haha, nice, how do you like that pax?? I got a buddy who swears by it

3 Likes

I don’t know…I guess it works good for what it does. Good road piece. But I’d rather smoke if I’m home or anywhere it’s cool to be smoking.

4 Likes