SubtleSam's First Grow Adventures

Hello everyone. :wave:
First time here, first time growing. Thought I’d share my experiences! This seems like a pretty cool place, nice people, very informative.

I got my hands on a Sour Strawberry Clone from a friend, and have been doing some research, along with just talking with friends who have years/decades of crops under their belt. I like to think she is doing well so far, it’s only 3 weeks (21 days exactly) since I’ve had my hands on it, and it just started with 4 nodes total? Cloned a few days before getting it.

I’m growing in a very small space, a repurposed cabinet. Basically a solo-cup grow :slightly_smiling_face:

Basic Maxibloom and cal-mag in Coco

First week-ish after getting it:

Day 20:

Will update when I get better pictures, more updates. Nice to meet you all :+1:

Day 23:
A bit better lighting. Ive been tying down all of the branches to even the tops. this is right before I readjusted. I planned on flipping to flower tomorrow night. Opinions? Considering the small root space, I didn’t want it to get too big. I’m sure this is already pushing it for a solo cup lol

Day 24/First flower cycle:
That one top said screw you guys and took off even with my lst lol.

Day 27/Day 4 of flower (all caught up, days were off):

Day 29
(After the “Haircut”)

Day 30:
With some advice from a friend, and getting given the pot to put it in, I did it. Moved to a bigger pot. Better late than never I suppose. Just finished up week 1 of flower… We will see…!

Day 33:
Color is off in picture. Not plant (sorry)

Day 39 (Nearing start of Week 3 of flower)

Day 49 (2nd day of week 4)
Hairs already turning orange. No major heat/light/nutrient changes other than adding a bit extra food as time goes on. See leaf tips frying a bit. Gonna back off some.

23 Likes

Seems like she’s liking what you’re doing!

6 Likes

Nice to meet you too…

Have you tried it? How do you smoke? hug

1 Like

Hey @SubtleSam Welcome to Overgrow!! :sunglasses: :vulcan_salute:

Good score on that SS clone, that’s the current house favorite here.

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Not yet. I don’t think I’ve had a chance to try any of this one yet.
Usually bongs. Love joints, I can do a blunt if necessary :thinking:

Thanks alot @Gpaw. Yeah it sounds like a good one :slight_smile: I’m excited to have one of these as my first grow, I’ve heard nothing but good about BOG’s stuff (Rest in Peace)

4 Likes

Welcome to OG, that strain sounds really great tbh, the more I see, hear about it the more I think about finding some beans myself. I love the little stealth cabinet grows . I always wanted to build one since I first started growing and saw the ones marketed in high times WAY BACK THEN, and the insane prices. I’ll be watching :eyes:

2 Likes

Welcome to OG @SubtleSam!

3 Likes

Welcome dude, she looks good. I’m new here too. Love some strawberry terpes. I’m gonna follow along as I don’t know many here.

2 Likes

I’ve always loved the idea of the stealth cabinets! I had an empty ‘in the wall’ cabinet that’s like 2x1x5, took the door off and made my own sealed and vented ‘door’. (Heavy-Duty Cardboard!) With some thought, a box cutter, ruler, and some good glue that expands to fill any holes… I now have a relatively decent small grow space. No light pinholes, maintains heat/RH fairly well. We will see! I’m using the space for both veg/flower, but once I take some cuts I’ll make a dedicated veg area, and use this strictly for flower

6 Likes

That’s Awesome!

3 Likes

Gotta love those healthy fat leaves!
:v: :cowboy_hat_face:
I’m set to watch this one.

2 Likes

" I planned on flipping to flower tomorrow night. Opinions? "

1 Like

I say go for it, how old is plant? I see a day 23 pic so I’m assuming she is at least a month old. Really depends on how long you can wait, room you have( got to think about stretch with many strains).
More veg= more yield. It also means more time.
Good luck you will make right decision for you, looks like you are doing great.

2 Likes

She’s big enough, why not? But as @Brokehoe mentioned, more veg = more yield, just gotta think about the stretch and space considerations…

2 Likes

Not super worried about yield. This is primarily a learning experience, and extra grass on the side. Don’t have alot of room, so understanding how it all works first would be my best bet I think then I’ll become master of the bonsai lol. Day 1 of flower updated to original post

4 Likes

Just in case you haven’t found Mr. Sparkle’s log…
This is where you learn how to be ‘Master of the Bonsai’

He sets the bar rather high… :smile:

Cheers
G

3 Likes

Thanks for that!! I’ll definitely be giving it a read. Skimmed over it a bit already :slight_smile:

3 Likes

First preflowers?! Getting hairy lol

3 Likes

Gave her a bit of a haircut. Tried to expose some of the bud sites. I’ll post pics when lights come on

2 Likes

if you can, try not cutting leaves off, it stunts the growth of the plant.
try just bending the leaves under the lower bud sites, it will work wonders and the more green the better photosynthasis and more energy for flowering. looks great, not tried that strain yet but it sounds great. good luck with your grow.
what height do you have to flower in before the lights get in the way and you have heat stress and burning problems?
you can say that the plant will double in size minimum with the streach

2 Likes