❄️ Subzero’s Bodhi- Sunshine Daydream F1 Fun (Repros, Crosses, Feminizing, Selfing)

How were the cuttings selected? Are they 6 different females and 6 different males or all girls are the same and all boys are the same or? Did he just pop an f1 pack or two and take all the snips and send them over or were they selected for reasons out of one or multiple packs?

A few of us have spent some time searching through the F1s and F2s and have occasionally hit gold and found what we were looking for. I’d say we’ve mostly missed though. There’s a lot of skunky funk in those beans, not a whole lot of sour butter and/or blueberry muffins. Pain relief is varied in the line. Some are stronger than others. Sometimes you get lucky right off the bat on the first pack. I know I have and a few others have too, but if not, it even took bodhi a couple years of searching through those F1’s to find another SSDD male to make all the crosses with. I haven’t found a male I liked, or rather, like my keeper girl, in ~33 ssdd f1’s and another 80 or so f2s.

Regardless, definitely interested to see how they look and turn out. Might’ve already gotten the magic in your hands.

As for crosses, there’s been a ton done already just by bodhi alone. A few of us here, like myself, have crossed our own cuts with other things too. I crossed my cut of SSDD to Starlite(A5Haze S1 x 89 NL5 BX8), OG’ers, Kryptonite(NL2 x NL1HP), and Black River OG(Salmon River OG x Sugar Black Rose). Made a BX1 and F2’s with the Starlite cross. Currently still hunting for that magical male but it’s already taken over 2 years of searching.

8 Likes

@HolyAngel Your f2’s are being grown outdoors this year by a buddy of mine with nerve pain! I’ll keep you updated on how they grow. It’s his first time growing so we’ll see. I’m kinda holding his hand through it

4 Likes

The StarShine F2’s? Those seem pretty good! I’m just now running some myself and getting ready to flip to flower. Seemed like at least half had nice structures and loud stem rubs, and ~30% or so were totem pole’s with big internode spacing, likely from the starlite :thinking: I kept the nice structured girl’s to flower out. I didn’t find any males I liked so far in this first run of them.

5 Likes

I think this type of brainstorming is fun but in a sense is counting chickens before they hatch. I get the excitement for sure though. To answer the question, I think you’d want to really grow them out and observe the different qualities of each plant. This is going to be difficult to do in a seeded run and you’d really want to observe them seedless. Plant morphology, smell, effects, medicinal efficacy and any other traits that may be important to you. Then you could hypothesize on how specific areas could be improved by bringing in outside genetics.

I’ve only gone through 1 and 1/3 packs of SSDD F1s, but I’ve seen enough unimpressive females that the males make me really nervous. I think finding a good male in one of Bodhi’s SSDD crosses (using his ssdd male) and dusting your favorite SSDD F1 phenos is probably a safer path. The keeper rate seems to be much higher (by my standards and preferences at least) in the crosses.

I did that with my bubbashine pheno of SSDD by dusting it with (TK x SSDD), but have yet to test the beans out so can’t speak from experience. I still think it’s probably the better way to go though.

I’d like to see them grown out and evaluated before big plans are made. There will be a lot more clarity when you know what you’re actually working with, as well as whether or not you even want to do anything with it at that point. If you do, you’ll have a better idea on a meaningful direction to take things.

7 Likes

No the SSDD from a couple years ago

1 Like

Ah, those are the SSDD F2 BX1’s. They’re bx1’s not f2’s. the mom of that line is an SSDD F2 :wink:
Those are stellar plants! Fantastic indoors and out. All of them have some form of pain relief, still some stronger than others. sour butter, berries, and tropical fruit :drooling_face:

Definitely seconding what you said there @syzygy ^^

4 Likes

Ohhh, I gave him the pack of seeds and he held onto them until this year when I finally convinced him to go for it.

2 Likes

This, digging for gold

2 Likes

Ahahahahah ! I’ve been there done that sailor :skull: somehow weed makes me have more courage sometimes. It’s not always spooked shaggy

1 Like

I could see that specific one hitting a Bubbashine clone. The Bubbashine could take the edge off. That strain is known for slight paranoia since it’s so strong ! Oh man. I’ve heard greattttt things of that one.

Why would you personally use that one ?

Also it’s nice to see you around :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I was considering bandaid haze 4.2 actually ! Haven’t even tried it lol but yeah :slight_smile:

I was told it was just a pack he got 6 and 6. But @Tykal would know more (nevermind he already did haha ! ) has your friend even flowered them yet tykal ?

I got lucky dude ! I popped 5 and I found my blueberry muffin/blueberry jones soda type of cut. As for a male…idk I haven’t got too deep yet.

Thanks for coming through I had no idea blueberry syrup was harder to find.

Yo …. That’s insane. 12 years ago I had some kryptonite at a party and it chilled me out so much. It was kinda insane….i was always curious and never looked into it. Now it makes sense !

What exactly are you looking for ? Personally I’m looking for a blueberry male … but I haven’t searched enough.

Again im super happy you’re here and I wasn’t aware there was so much work done already. I wonder what else I could bring in that’s new….

1 Like

Thats a completely different and extremely interesting approach to working with this strain. That got me thinking. I’ll probably be adding this to my thought box for a few weeks.

That sounds solid. I can’t wait to see what you pull from that.

Thank you for this. Glad you jumped in and gave me a sense of direction, I guess it’s good that I jumped in. Never hurts to see what another galaxy brain might bring in. Some things happen by accident who knows !

Y’all got me excited !

2 Likes

Because I have some on hand!

2 Likes

Damn it’s not in the freezer isolated from moisture and degrading temperatures!? Ahhhhhhhhhhh

1 Like

It’s back in there now :open_mouth:‍:dash:

1 Like

Pure sour butter and blueberry muffins with the pain relief, no skunky funk. No real bubba traits at all really, some leaf morphology but that’s about it. It’s mostly like a particular blend of blue moonshine and appalachia in ssdd. Good chance I got a sport actually as again, I have not seen another plant like the keeper yet. Seen straight blueberry muffins but no butter, seen pure butter but no blueberry, seen chocolate and berries, and a ton of skunky funky smelling ones.

1 Like

4.2 requires some deep hunting for a keeper. Might get lucky though. Probably easier to cross to the BH7 mom circulating, or the BH6 if you can find her. If you find a proven stud, I can deffo hook up a couple dope haze moms to work with.

2 Likes

I have some fresh ssdd pollen, just harvested from a solo cup male

13 Likes

Unreal mate! Lightning in a bottle!

3 Likes