Suggestions for a new grow tent. Preferably inexpensive 2×4

Also curious about this, as I’ve exhausted to the same room as my tent is in for every grow and have never experienced any negative effects (at least that I know of).

2 Likes

Humidity and heat were the main culprits.

Additionally the air gets “stagnant” as the plant is taking in the C02 and releasing O2 etc. Once I vented outdoors it meant the tent was always getting fresh air, and any problems literally fly out the window. I have back-draft dampers mounted at each windows exit so it’s air going out, never back in.

May i add this was all due to running my Fallponics Recirculating Deep Water Culture system so there’s like 80 L of solution floating about. I kept venting even when using soil and haven’t looked back.

1 Like

I have 1 tent that vents into the same room as I need the excess heat from the tent to actually heat the room. I note a definitive difference in air quality in that room versus the other room running 2x 2x4’s and 1x 4x4 all venting outdoors.

I added a hepa filter for the non venting room and it does help but I often leave the door open once the temp exceeds what I need it to be in there so there’s air exchange.

If you have your tent in a large enough area that may negate any ill effects :v:

2 Likes

That could be it, then. My tent is in my basement, but the rooms are all open to one another so there’s a good amount of air exchange between the different rooms and the different levels.

2 Likes

That’s very different than the former bedroom I’m using for this 2x2 breeding tent :smiley:
(this is why it doesn’t vent outdoors… i’ll FUCK UP my own outdoor. :rofl: )

1 Like

Amazon has a few. I was just looking at one just now.

Any problem with over exchanging the air? Like the air is being replaced too often and not allowing the air to get conditioned before it gets pulled in the tent. Kinda made me think that doing this would be almost same as growing without a tent.

1 Like

1 Like

Ooh haven’t seen that one yet.

1 Like

I’m thinking about it.
Lol

@Strainger You’re not wrong, it is like growing without a tent, but with a tent, haha. I’ve come to the conclusion in my own experience that cannabis loves the perfect 70-80 degrees interior temperature (I too, happen to love that temperature range), and here in Nor Cal, the humidity is pretty spot on without having to adjust much (I do have a humidifier for the dry months, but this year HAHA not a problem). Once I figured that out, I just have a humidifier in my house, and skip it in the tents. I’ve had many plants in my living room, and even now have vegetables etc. growing as well.

The primary benefit for me personally (having the tent) - is the filtration. I love a good whiff of cannabis, but I can’t stand the overwhelming smell when many plants are growing and in flower, so for me, that’s the primary function. And doubly so now that I’m growing almost 99% autos, so light pollution is not an issue for me as well.

2 Likes

Autos still are sensitive to light during the dark period but definitely not as much as photos, the better the genetics the more tolerant to light interruptions. I also use a tent for reasons like I have pets and I never vacuum the carpet in the house and all the dust and pet dander hair etc gets pulled in the room that is exhausting outside. It’s like a big HEPA filtration tent rather than a grow tent :joy: and the smell would be pulled into the fresh air exchange for the furnace and the whole house smells like DANK. You know what I’m talking about when they start smelling like a menstruating skunk lol

2 Likes

I got it coming. I wish it was a bit taller. It will work.

1 Like

I would try to get a coupon code and order a ac infinity 2x4 for under $140. I’d rather buy once and cry once than buy another tent 3-6 months down the road or have my plants herm from light leaks over $40.

4 Likes
3 Likes

It doesn’t come discrete. I’m with you on the tent. 60’ is tight. It tells what’s in the box.

1 Like

Went with the 3x3 it will fit in my area. 72 in. tall 60 is short.

2 Likes

Lol. And here i’m litterally setting up a new Mammoth 2x2 which is a whopping 55.2" tall :rofl: :+1:

2 Likes

I’m with you on that. 60 might work. Nice tent.

1 Like

This is the one I just found. I got this one. I really need the 2x4

under a 100$