Suggestions for a new grow tent. Preferably inexpensive 2×4

But that doesn’t negate the fact that in nature, you often have moonlight that is very bright. This does not impact normal cannabis, otherwise commercial growers would be draping their fields in black tarps to keep out all the bad lights.

Pinhole leaks and an occasional peek in at your plants during the dark period isn’t as bad as everyone claims.

That being said, I’m going to let this topic get back on track.

1 Like

This 4x2x5 black nylon travel wardrobe: $24.99
This 4x2x5 grow tent $499.95

Nice.

1 Like

Ok let me say this again IF the light leak has been there since day 1 or the moonlight it doesn’t affect the plant. If you cover the plant at night and it never seen the light from the moon than yes it would affect the plant if you uncovered it at night. Again only if the light leak or moonlight has been there since day 1 it’s not a problem.

Where do I find something like that?

1 Like

You can look at local hardware stores… amazn and ebay is a sure bet.

Here’s some example.

Portable wardrobe 40$
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0B7JJV88X/ref=sspa_mw_detail_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9waG9uZV9kZXRhaWw

What about a log rack cover? 32$
600D waterproof, anti UV heavy duty cover for outdoors. Sounds nice hah
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07X8LTKJR/ref=sspa_mw_detail_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9waG9uZV9kZXRhaWw

Most wardrobes come in 18" or 20" depth, the log covers are a full 24" deep.

Shopping around, I think I’m going to grab some log cover things lol :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

The heatbox draws the cold air from the basement into it through the front and a small slit at the back on the bottom. Inside the box is a small oil-type heater running at 50% power with a Raxial AC infinity fan set at it’s lowest setting above it pulling the hot air up and through the Y junction into 2x different tents. :+1:

It really is!!!

Yeah I can 100% disagree with this from experience considering I run most my plants at 24/0 :rofl:
The temp issue brought with running 24/7 that could make for the potential for males so airflow-airflow-airflow! :hugs:

:rofl:

3 Likes

If you’re worried about light leaks put a tarp over it. Be done with it. Light shines right in my grow area. There’s nothing I can do about it.

2 Likes

Thinking about getting the mars Hydro sp3000. Anybody else have this light? Kinda expensive for me hopefully find some discounts for it lmk what you think about the light. It’s going in the 2×4×60 tent. Thanks

2 Likes

I got a new 3x3x6 AC Infinity. Took 5 minutes to unpack, 10 at most to set up by myself. I’m real pleased with quality. Super smooth zippers and no light leaks. Lights and AC Infinity T4 in and set up. Plants love it after 2 days.

2 Likes

Very nice :+1:, I decided to go with the zazzy 2×4×5 it’s just new is all I needed old one was used to dry outdoor harvest so I don’t want to chance it and end up with all types of problems.:woozy_face: Definitely not going cheap on the led light well not too cheap, hopefully Mars hydro sp3000.!!!

2 Likes

That’s definitely not a fact lol
I always veg 24 hours and have had great m/f ratios

I actually recently heard that they figured out supposedly the sex of the plant is predetermined when it’s a seed. Not sure the validity of it I haven’t tried actually researching the facts around it. Thought it was interesting though

1 Like

Very interesting, was talking about regular seeds but what do I know, definitely had ppl chiming in. Lol all’s well

I’m talking about regular seeds as well :+1:

I have great luck with bloom plus. They have some nice stuff. HLG are some good ones. For 180$ man this light is on fire. Great light. I’m getting it today. 250w man that is sweet. New lighting board. I have the old style bp4000 I run it a 375w. It’s about time to get started. There are light that you can save money on. Then you have some that will break the bank. A lot of new styles coming out this year. Some with more reds for flowers and inferior red.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B093F89M2Q/ref=sspa_mw_detail_0?ie=UTF8&psc=1&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9waG9uZV9kZXRhaWwp13NParams

1 Like

From the grow’s i’ve seen it’s a great light!

If you are potentially going to run plants that may have different height expressions you could also consider looking into 2x TS1000 units. I did this with my MedCab so I could raise/lower either side of the tent to work with the plants variations.

It’s more faffing around but it’s a great thing to have when you need it if you play the “keep the lights at the right height for the optimal PPFD” game. :+1:

Another bonus is you can often find these fixtures used on Marketplace or other online classifieds like Kijiji.

:metal:

Yeah I definitely know all about inferior LED grow lights, I have 2 150watt qbs with 6 rows of 660 deep red and 4 uv diodes and 4 ir diodes . It just fries em up and makes the plant transpire way too much. The fan leaves stems turn red and like shrivel up and get skinny. Idk much about using uv during veg stage it seems like they are always struggling. I think they put so many red diodes because they make it more efficient. Don’t get me wrong of I could get everything in the sweet zone I’m sure they will do great a 15inch by 11.5 inch qb with 508 diodes kinda like way too much in one little 2×2 area one covers. Idk

1 Like

Was actually considering this one. I have 2 maxsisun pb 1000 pros but idk if they are enough for the tent . And seems like they don’t do very well for flower last grow I used both on 2 plants and they make small popcorn buds and I think the IR diodes burn the canopy at the height for flower. Trying to find out if anyone has used them and how they perform for them, I’ve seen the sf 2000. In a 2×4 do awesome job but can’t find maxsisun pb 1000pro info. I really like the mars Hydro sp 3000 for the even coverage corner to corner, but expensive for me

1 Like

I run those light. PB2000. I run two HLG 100r in a 2x4.

You ran the pb 2000 alone or with the hlgs? If I don’t need to get a new light lmk if they work for you

1 Like