Sun Valley Garden of Grew Some Things

not sure tbh, it just grew by itself… so its something of mine from last season crossed to some local bush weed from the area lol

7 Likes

If you have my kind of luck, that one or possibly your smallest-yielder will be your favorite! :blush: It’s already my favorite. :joy_cat:

:evergreen_tree:

6 Likes

looool… if i hadnt cut that plant back multiple times it would probably be about 5m tall right now… i had to cut it back for security purposes lol

8 Likes

I want 10 foot plants!! I’m gonna give it my best shot this summer! lol

7 Likes

Sure hope you’ve started them already hehe

3 Likes

I can’t imagine a plant whose trunk is about the size of a mans forearm!

3 Likes

Nope! but I started the soil. lol Seriously though, do you start yours in early spring? I had read in a few places that I should start outdoors at end of spring for optimum plant size and growth.

5 Likes

I don’t know about your guys growing season but I can get 10’ plants starting them the end of April here in Michigan. Mostly I try to get them 10’ wide instead of 10’ tall. :hugs:

6 Likes

Nice. Also a michigander. Planted some seeds the other day for a first outdoor grow

7 Likes

Hey all just got a new phone … old phones fucked and had no camera… we are in harvest season now and things have been crazy out here chopping things down. Will get some pics later today and sorry for the silence … things just snuck up on us and before we knew it we were knee deep in trim hehe

12 Likes

Cant wait for thag outdoor goodness!

4 Likes

Handily in the Overgrow class… :smile:

I was imagining your situation the other day :grin: :scissors: :gear: :leaves: :factory:

How is your weather cooperating?

Also, wanted to ask what you thought of the shadecloth/plant performance? (I am looking at getting 20% white shadecloth for this year, myself.)

:muscle: :herb:

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

Most people start indoors a month or two before they plan on putting them out. This way you have a big, healthy plant to put out. Seedlings are pretty fragile and could be much harder to keep alive outside.

I just started some seeds yesterday that I’ll be putting outside around Jun 1… hoping for some monsters!

7 Likes

The situation is going good bro… the crew arrived from outta town today to help this last stretch and should have most of it down by the end of the weekend. Weather has been surprisingly good… generally at this time we have like 2weeks non stop rain so yeah can’t complain.
As for the shade net I’d reckon 20% is a better option but can’t say the 40s hindered the yield as the plants are throwing some serious weight out… best thing I can say is that it’s stopped a lot of moths and that means less crapertillars … so all in all I’m happy with the results … I’d just suggest making it at least 3m height :facepunch::facepunch:

12 Likes

Yeah this year was the latest I’ve started but generally stagger the planting times over a few months starting September … the plant that would be an easy 5 meter tree came up end august beginning September… sorry for late reply :grin:

2 Likes

Are you sexing them under lights first?

1 Like

Nope I generally just keep em in pots till they show their sex then transplant them. The later ones I just plant in the ground and hope for the best lol

5 Likes

Been lagging behind on pics , sorry for that … just been getting stuck in with the harvest and haven’t been thinking about taking pics and when I do my battery is generally flat hahaha

Couple snaps before harvest

Hope everyone’s well

38 Likes

Holy donkey dick buds Batman! My mouth is watering over here! Looks like you have your hands full!.. tee hee

4 Likes

Holy shit man that last pic already looks trimmed right on the plant is this your method of pre trim before drying?

2 Likes